Multiplat Borderlands 3

What character are you playing?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just added a poll to see what character everyone is maining. FL4K looks the most popular and honestly looks really cool, but I insisted on being different so I started off with Zane.

I also went Zane.

Okay so this was a pretty trash experience, not sure if I did something wrong, I was a few missions in, and near the broadcast centre decided to hit social matchmaking to play online co-op, and it matches me in an earlier mission I had already well completed, I was then booted by the match leader, tried it again, and the matchmaking put me with someone literally on the first intro walkthrough with Claptrap. Like what the hell?
Now when I try and reload my individual game, it has loaded me to a point I have already completed and I have to do most of that again.

So stupid.

EDIT: Okay so by trying to join matchmaking online, somehow my save has stuffed and now it always loads me even solo to before one of the very first bosses I've already beaten. This game has a heap of negative user reviews online and I'm starting to see why....

Last edited:

I've killed myself an embarrassing amount of times while trying to open something while holding a tediore shotgun and reloading instead

Haha oh man, I feel your pain.

I'm running an Amara melee/elemental build at the moment and she's a total wrecking ball. Phaseslam = multiple insta-kills.

My current shotgun has a 300% damage buff after using the action skill so follow up with that = multiple insta-kills.

Then dashing around using the final melee skill = multiple insta-kills.

My friend playing as Moze just can't keep up.

Tried online matchmaking again, it took me back a few checkpoints again, and I can't now reload to where I was (again), and it even matched me with someone levels lower, so all the enemies reverted to lower levels and I could almost one-shot them.

Once again, trash online matchmaking experience.

Finally given this a decent slog. I can't believe a criticism by reviewers is that it's more of the same. That's exactly what I wanted, more Borderlands but just more polished. As usual I love the characters, the dialogue, and explording every nook and cranny of each map to see what cool stuff or funny feature by a bored level designer I can find.

Finally given this a decent slog. I can't believe a criticism by reviewers is that it's more of the same. That's exactly what I wanted, more Borderlands but just more polished. As usual I love the characters, the dialogue, and explording every nook and cranny of each map to see what cool stuff or funny feature by a bored level designer I can find.
I don't get the issue with "more of the same" especially when the same is good! On top of that, it's not like Borderlands is a yearly event, Borderlands 2 was 7 years ago!

Surely, that's more than enough time for "more of the same" to come out?

I don't get the issue with "more of the same" especially when the same is good! On top of that, it's not like Borderlands is a yearly event, Borderlands 2 was 7 years ago!

Surely, that's more than enough time for "more of the same" to come out?

Imagine the criticism if they significantly changed anything. Damned if they do, damned if they don't!

Gameplay = good.
Game experience = awful.

I have just arrived at the glitch where if you try and travel down the chute in single player the game crashes. So you have to either try and do it multiplayer or use a second controller, I used a second controller, then when I fell down the chute attempted to quit the game with player 2 in order to return to single screen and it crashed....

On top of the messing around with multiplayer taking you several checkpoints back, the experience of this game continues to amaze me how underdeveloped it is before release.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Playing on a different ps4 with a communal eternal hard disk. Downloaded my saved game from the cloud...all my saved weaponry in the bank on Sanctuary is gone. Now I won’t/ can’t save any there in case when I go back to my ps4 pro they’re all gone again

Two thirds in and my main beef is the side missions. In the previous games I liked going to a new area, going around to the boards and loading up on side quests. They gave me an excuse to go into every nook and cranny and familiarise myself with the area. In Borderlands 3 the side missions are fewer and are often found on the main path and tied into the main mission, only requiring to enter a side room or something along the way. The side missions are more fleshed out though which is pretty cool, but imo it makes the game feel very linear.

Haven't been able to get my hands on it yet. Love borderlands. Excited to give it a go.

Just finished the game! Ended up finishing on level 40 as Zane so by the end it become a lot simpler, the final boss fight was very underwhelming but then again so were the boss fights in 1 and 2. The Calypso twins as the main antagonist were bloody annoying as hell especially the times they just randomly keep poping up on the Echolink, they did nothing for me and I couldn't wait to see the end of them. Even with the predictable plot twist.

I thought the game dragged on a little to much for my liking and some of the boss fights especially the early boss fights become to much of a grind
I Almost gave up and smashed my controller on Katagawa Ball hated that boss fight!

Overall through enjoyable game, it was your typical Borderlands, most of the side quests were fantastic and I enjoyed doing them, The other planets are petty cool too, they offered some different variety whist still being borderlands. :thumbsu:

Yeah nah this game didn't do it for me.

Enemies are way to "dead" and stagnant for my liking. Too much damage-sponging not enough engaging activity.

Not like I didn't enjoy a lot of time playing it, but yeah I can't see myself playing it ever again really after finishing the story/getting level 50 on Zane

I know I started the damn thread, but have only just got a chance to play through. 3 hours in and Im loving it.

The graphics are much improved.

Lots of little things improved (fast travel and map nav, organising materials by different categories).

The vehicles have more weight.

The shooting is massive upgrade. The feedback is better. The guns have more diversity between them. And the ability to shoot off limbs and heads provies the visual feedback that was missing in B2.

Back