BOXING Green vs Mundine

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Whether the cheque is really big or whether Mundine thinks he still has it or ever had it , I don't know.
But reading Paul Kents comments in the paper this morning had me thinking about something I've been thinking for a long time, that maybe this fight should not be sanctioned, he discussed weight as a major player in boxing, considering people trying to move up in weight and others wasting , to move down in weight.
As for ego it won't matter if Mundine comes out injured or worse.
I think Danny actually has revenge in his heart, and Mundine either ego or money, last time a big hitter Danny Green couldn't get it right timing out and could not land anything big. That happened by him having to lose too much weight and wasting downward, this time it is totally the other way, he has to keep to a certain level and not higher , but his opponent Mundine, has to gain weight and keep strong, but after the weigh-in when they get into the ring both will be heavier and Mundine could be in for a terrible belting , that is maybe worse than should be allowed.
I don't know what others might think on this ?
I suppose for those who would like to see Mundine given a belting is fine, I'm starting to wonder if he might not get seriously mangled.
As in the fight that Paul Kent described in the news article. Gatti vs Gamache apparently Gatti entered the ring much much heavier than Gamache, I am not really up with this story as its 17 years ago, but , it does ask some questions over weight , safety ,and money. By the way I 'm a Danny Green fan.

Danny is in this for money and money only. Mundine does everything on reputation. I dont think Danny would give a **** if he wins or loses.
Not sure about that, but they'll both make a good pay day. But after nearly eleven years I suppose it really doesn't matter.
Danny is a good promoter and so its maybe just the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it will be a s**t event. Mundine will be on his bike for 12 rounds counter-punching try to win on points just like last time they fought.

Agree that this will not be worth watching, but couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the first fight. Mundine boxed beautifully in that fight and Green didn't have any answers for him.

Does anyone know if there is a set time that is the earliest that this fight will be on? Have looked around but struggling to find anything much other then undercards/coverage from around 7pm and a likely start somewhere between 10 and 11pm.

Agree that this will not be worth watching, but couldn't disagree more with your assessment of the first fight. Mundine boxed beautifully in that fight and Green didn't have any answers for him.
if you think that Green wasnt chasing Mundine around the ring for 12 rounds with Mundine never looking like going for a knockout blow then you and I were watching different fights.

if you think that Green wasnt chasing Mundine around the ring for 12 rounds with Mundine never looking like going for a knockout blow then you and I were watching different fights.

What I saw was one guy landing punches and the other guy swinging at air or landing on gloves. Mundine landed plenty of good shots, but as a small super middle weight against a massive one who had an amazing chin the KO was never a likely way for Mundine to win.

I figured if you wanted an excuse you'd stick with the usual line that Green really struggled to make weight for the fight like everyone else did back then. There was no running in that fight, just a boxing lesson.

You're happy to pay $60 for it?
To watch on main event $60 dollars ????????????????
Well my pocket just turned the fight off for me tonight. I don't usually pay for main event , I already pay for "cable tv" and get advertised out of the room.
I didn't realise it was that bad. I will not be watching , pity I wanted to have a look out of curiosity.

Many years ago in a north eastern suburb of Melbourne I went home from work in the pub, for my hours lunch , about 1 minute away from where I worked in the pub.
I thought I might get most or a fair bit of Smokin Joe and George Foreman, on free to air TV back in the seventies .

Well as any one can remember back in the seventies it only took George a couple of rounds to bounce poor old Joe around the ring and win the title.

But on several occasions during those years when the BEST was fighting and only one world champ in each division, and the fights from the USA were on in a Victorian afternoon time slot, when it was late night in where ever in the USA, I TENDED TO CATCH A FEW WHEN ON LUNCH BREAK, HA HA HA NOW 60 BUCKS TO SIT IN MY LOUNGE AND PAY AGAIN FOR SOMETHING i ALREADY PAY FOR. WHAT CRAP.

Does anyone know if there is a set time that is the earliest that this fight will be on? Have looked around but struggling to find anything much other then undercards/coverage from around 7pm and a likely start somewhere between 10 and 11pm.

First fight 5.30.

Main fight 10:15. To finish by 11:00

Remove this Banner Ad

Back