News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Remove this Banner Ad

Part the fact it HEAVILY contradicts their previous claims that "Brad was happy to stay"

now that was obviously a lie from the start... but don't ******* admit you lied to everyone asshats!
This is seriously so bad its comical. Who's advising the strategy here? A bunch of clowns run this club and they probably think they're doing an ok job. It's ok though...Roo will come out in the media and say something and smooth it all over with some more tough talk :oops:.

We have SEVEN free agents next year on our list, including Matt Crouch, Smith and Laird

Watch as clubs poach these players for nothing
And they now know how to structure the contracts

Kelly saying we didn't push him out, Brad didn't really want to leave, and the only thing that made Brad leave was the 5th year on the contract instead of 4.

That's impossible to believe. If that's the only reason your RESTRICTED FREE AGENT leaves and you didn't match, then you are basically admitting you didn't do your job.

I told you guys - we misread this and completely f’ed it up.

Everyone know we were bluffing; Kelly has basically admitted it.

Crouch wanted a 5 year deal.

As soon as a five year deal was tabled, we were never going to match - if that was the case, we never should’ve gone done this ******* path.

Absolute useless, stupid, incompetent fu**heads
Wasn't it 4 years and 5th is a trigger?

All the other AFL clubs hire top people. We at the AFC seen to find someone that cant get a job anywhere else and say the best candidate was in our back yard.

All those top people had a chance to trade for him or get him through FA and they didn't. The only other interest was from Geelong, and we know how much they valued him.

listening to Kelly is making me feel physically ill.

The reasons he is giving to not offer the length of contract to our best mid is just horrifying. If I was a player at the club now and had any thoughts of leaving, I'd be getting my manager to test the market and then come out and say I don't want to be here anymore and know that the club will end up folding

Just horrific stuff he is saying

Oh and no mention of any other deals in the fire to try and up spec the pick?..nothing to try and sugar coat this god awful decision..p155 off kelly
It's like when your poor friend has home brand chips and LA Ice for recess and they're trying to convince you they actually taste better than the brand name stuff.

I agree this is a very shitty outcome, but it’s mostly shitty because of the AFLs compo offer. I think we did mess up by not being prepared to follow through on our only bargaining chip ie matching. If we really wanted him gone in any case, our fate was sealed when he failed to get band 1 compo.

Kelly saying we didn't push him out, Brad didn't really want to leave, and the only thing that made Brad leave was the 5th year on the contract instead of 4.

That's impossible to believe. If that's the only reason your RESTRICTED FREE AGENT leaves and you didn't match, then you are basically admitting you didn't do your job.

It's as much of a lie as Kelly's statement that we'll match

The simple clear reality is we didn't want him at all. We pretended we did to St Kilda and they saw through it. They then proceeded to do what is in their best interest and take us to town at the negotiation table.

If thats the best option we could come up with in 12 months, then its time Reid was shown the door.
I'm not laying it on Kelly yet, as this is the same shtttt as before he was there.
We all know Reid history - Gibbs, Jenkins, and so on... I put the good pick trades on Binuks shoulders, and really feel Reid is a massive weak link we need to remove.
It's way past time for Reid to go.
I understand the angst at Kelly... but Reid.. FMD
Gtfo.

Does anyone think it's coincidental that a story comes out about Roo chasing a reported scallywag like Dusty only a week before we kick Brad Crouch out of our club for cents in the dollar? The manager even went as far to say, and this quote might not be exactly right, "Roo is very well respected over here in Victoria"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Kelly 'joking' that he needs to watch more World Series Poker?

Did that really happen....
I have to be honest and admit I haven't had any confidence in Kelly since he has come onboard. Listening to him speak instills no confidence. Very disappointing Balme fell through. Hopefully Vozzo is coming back to SA.

Adelaide Crows List Management Highlights

- Let Phil Davis leave for pick 20

We got pick 2 in the 2011 Mini-draft from GWS for Phil Davis. We used that pick to get Brad Crouch!

He wanted to leave last year....

So saying pick 2 or we match and then accepting a pick that will likely end up at 30 after academy picks etc is better that getting nothing. I wonder how many Crows supporters would be prouder of what the Suns Did in saying GAGF and taking a stand
Technically the pick is still 23 before entering the draft, around 13 spots lower than B.Crouch's true market value.

We got pick 2 in the 2011 Mini-draft from GWS for Phil Davis. We used that pick to get Brad Crouch!

No we didn't. We traded pick 10 and the Phil Davis compo (pick 20) for pick 2 in the mini-draft.

No we didn't. We traded pick 10 and the Phil Davis compo (pick 20) for pick 2 in the mini-draft.
And Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back