Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Walsh

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Rozee

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just love Walsh's maturity and skills.

Brayshaw, a close 2nd, he grinds out games, 1 %ers, G and D and, a good footy IQ.

Obviously all three clubs are stoked, taking my blinkers off I THINK Rozee would be picked first in an open draft. Has that bit more x-factor with burst speed and agility. Rozee will be seen in the Petracca / Fyfe / Bont / Dusty category of unique game changers

Walsh and AB are the best runners in the comp though and to pump mah man up, he had more tackles in a season then any Docker in history - and missed a game. Not bad considering he also kicked 11 goals and averaged 30 touches

Rozee has the biggest upside and can prove he can literally play anywhere on the ground. Not sure if it’s been mentioned on this thread, but I believe Rozee was predominantly playing as a defender in his premiership year at North Adelaide just before being picked up by Port.

Walsh and Brayshaw are both great and highly consistent, but they’ve honed their midfield craft from yonks ago. Rozee has basically played only one year of predominantly-midfield role, which is this season! There is every chance he will surpass the other two as a midfielder eventually, and that he will likely be a more damaging player when resting up forward.

Again, still not sure why Brayshaw is in this conversation? Was drafted the year before the other guys.
Best 3 young mids (22 under 22) in the comp probably. Smith fell away a bit this year, Serong, Anderson and particularly Warner are close but not quite there level as yet.

Anyone else I'm missing?

Walsh will give everything to extract the most from his talent. Not too many that have the will you do that. You’d take that type every day. But Brayshaw looks a better player. Wouldn’t be upset with either of them. Although the challenge for Walsh will be to be more damaging with his possies next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well if your fanbase had their way, the current co-judge of Rozee's coaches votes should be removed as well - so maybe we should take them with a grain of salt :thumbsu:

Rozee did not have a better season than Sicily, Laird, Walsh, Bont etc.

Ridiculous choice for an AA bench spot from a bottom 10 team.
Bont only got in that 44 AA squad on reputation. I wouldn’t have had him anywhere near that. Libba has been our best mid by far.

Rozee is a jet. He goes in easily above any of those players.

Obviously all three clubs are stoked, taking my blinkers off I THINK Rozee would be picked first in an open draft. Has that bit more x-factor with burst speed and agility. Rozee will be seen in the Petracca / Fyfe / Bont / Dusty category of unique game changers

Walsh and AB are the best runners in the comp though and to pump mah man up, he had more tackles in a season then any Docker in history - and missed a game. Not bad considering he also kicked 11 goals and averaged 30 touches
I think it depends a lot on the lists and where they are at.

Currently the Hawks have a decent young crop of good players coming through, but we are desperate for a Rozee type. We need the x factor and ability to turn a game in a quarter.

All 3 available right now i think we take Rozee

2 years ago when we were first starting our rebuild i would have taken Walsh or Brayshaw (so hard to split them).

Bont only got in that 44 AA squad on reputation. I wouldn’t have had him anywhere near that. Libba has been our best mid by far.

Rozee is a jet. He goes in easily above any of those players.
Statistically Walsh is 25% better in EVERY category. Despite opinion on stats. It’s not even close.

Statistically Walsh is 25% better in EVERY category. Despite opinion on stats. It’s not even close.
Meh, Walsh is a gun, but Rozee a much more damaging player IMO and he’s starting to put it together now.

Not hard to see how he’d stand out for AA selection, especially given the blue collar nature of most of his teammates.

In terms of who'd get laid...
Rozee, then Brayshaw then.....

Walsh would be at home playing with his train set.
Haha. Gold. I watched Walsh play 5-6 times this season & he racks up a lot of possies but does very little with them. No hurt factor, he always takes the easiest disposal option & struggled to hit a player by foot or hand just metres away. If he was a car he would be a Toyota Camry. Rozee by comparison would be a Porsche 911.
Then there is the draft tampering stuff, warning interstate clubs not to draft him. So you got a guy who you want to lead your clubs midfield into battle for the next decade & he is too afraid to get out from under his mummy’s dress.
Wines even took a swipe at him in his brownlow speech, saying his mummy was initially upset he had to leave Victoria but it was the best thing to ever happen to him and made him the man he is today.

Not a bad season from Walsh given he struggled early after coming back from ankle surgery and injured himself against GWS and wasn't the same after that.

Will be AA next year if he stays fit.

Haha. Gold. I watched Walsh play 5-6 times this season & he racks up a lot of possies but does very little with them. No hurt factor, he always takes the easiest disposal option & struggled to hit a player by foot or hand just metres away. If he was a car he would be a Toyota Camry. Rozee by comparison would be a Porsche 911.
Then there is the draft tampering stuff, warning interstate clubs not to draft him. So you got a guy who you want to lead your clubs midfield into battle for the next decade & he is too afraid to get out from under his mummy’s dress.
Wines even took a swipe at him in his brownlow speech, saying his mummy was initially upset he had to leave Victoria but it was the best thing to ever happen to him and made him the man he is today.
That was Bailey Smith.

Walsh was a Brisbane supporter, didn't grow up in Melbourne, and would have been happy to go to QLD.

That last sentence is bizarre as hell. I'm certain you're the only person who has ever thought this.

This is one hell of a melt... and somehow it's all about Bailey Smith not Walsh? Not even sure how you managed that but good stuff 👏

Good melt. Totally not insecure about Walsh & Brayshaw being every bit as good (well, better) than Rozee

Back