Brian Taylor stood down from commentating on 3aw

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand the hate for BT. I prefer him over the monotonous Denis Cometti. The term 'NTTAWWTta' isn't even sexual slur. It's another way of saying '******' or 'douchebag'. I once heard Brayshaw calling Dermie a 'NTTAWWTta' on radio, where Dermie threatened to smash JB's face into a pulp. What is the big deal? Unless Harry Taylor is actually.... gay?

It's not Harry Taylor who will be offended but gay people might when a derogatory term for being gay is used to call someone a douchebag. That's like saying "I said n****r but I used it in the douchebag sense".

It worked for Rex Hunt in his heyday. Footy needs a bit of humour in the commentary otherwise it will end up like NFL, MLB, NBA, or soccer commentary.

Totally agree but you don't allow a person like that to dominate the broadcast. BT doesn't have the brains for it and he has a massive ego. You get a more level headed, professional commentator to handle most of it. Then you have a couple of former players thrown in for special comments and bit of colour. At the moment they have it totally ass backwards. I can watch pretty much any other sport in the world and know it will have less obnoxious commentary than the AFL.

It's not Harry Taylor who will be offended but gay people might when a derogatory term for being gay is used to call someone a douchebag. That's like saying "I said n****r but I used it in the douchebag sense".
Please... gays are not offended by the term 'NTTAWWTta' it's an endearing aussie slang for a 'w@nker'. It all depends on the context. It was not used in a sexual context in any way.

I wonder if Dennis Cometti said NTTAWWTter what would the fall out be? Seem people on BF share a hatred for BT and couldn't give a s**t that he call someone a NTTAWWT. They just wanna see the guy hung, drawn and quartered.

I wonder if Dennis Cometti said NTTAWWTter what would the fall out be? Seem people on BF share a hatred for BT and couldn't give a s**t that he call someone a NTTAWWT. They just wanna see the guy hung, drawn and quartered.
They are like a pack of spineless hyenas.

When he called Harry a NTTAWWTter, it was just an old school name for a bit of levity.

By apologizing for it makes it look as if Harry is actually gay as the only way you could be offended by it would be if it touched on some truth.

Please... gays are not offended by the term 'NTTAWWTta' it's an endearing aussie slang for a 'w@nker'. It all depends on the context. It was not used in a sexual context in any way.

I know several who are highly offended by it, in any context.

BT's time is up. A more sensitive approach is appropriate.

The timing of BT's comments could not have been worse. Ian Thorpe is on the tv tonight telling Parky he's gay.

Thorpe hasn't done himself any favors by getting defensive and denying it in the past.
Just goes from bad to worse for poor old Ian.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course he won't get sacked. AFL's most powerful individual, Eddie McGuire, got a slap on the wrist for ape-gate and before too long he was back on the airwaves and on TV pissing off everybody who wasn't a Pies fan.

When he called Harry a NTTAWWTter, it was just an old school name for a bit of levity.

By apologizing for it makes it look as if Harry is actually gay as the only way you could be offended by it would be if it touched on some truth.
It's not him offending Harry Taylor that people are upset about...

I don't understand the hate for BT. I prefer him over the monotonous Denis Cometti. The term 'NTTAWWTta' isn't even sexual slur. It's another way of saying '******' or 'douchebag'. I once heard Brayshaw calling Dermie a 'NTTAWWTta' on radio, where Dermie threatened to smash JB's face into a pulp. What is the big deal? Unless Harry Taylor is actually.... gay?
wat
The fact that you think this is indicative of the problem here.
Bullshit.. Not one gay would be hurt by this
Quality trolling man :drunk::drunk::drunk:

Thank god it's only for one game and the great man will be back next week. Brings some life to the game. Says dumb stuff now and again, just needs to get that worked out.

BOY OH BOY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back