List Mgmt. Bringing them home! - Updated 14/Jun/2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would prob rather Sheridan in than conca and that’s saying a lot from my point of view. Putting a multi year deal on the table to a depth player that gets injured all the time is a waist of time. Let him get to the scrap heap then get him as a delisted free agent or something where he isn’t going to cost $$
Conca is only in Tigers 22 because butler & Townsend are injured. He’ll spend most of multi yr deal working with Webber over coming injuries.agree that no better than Sheridan

Really? He looks smaller than Sheridan to me. Smaller and no better

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
Reckon they are totally different players - conca is an inside mid with limited skills and Tommy an outside player who is scared of his shadow, but can run all day.

Reckon they are totally different players - conca is an inside mid with limited skills and Tommy an outside player who is scared of his shadow, but can run all day.
I don't think Conca is exclusively inside, his outside work is, to put it politely, not his strength but his inside work is pretty meh too in my opinion. I just struggle to see what he offers

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Conca does not inspire me. Lobb would be good but a) raises the Q again why we drafted Jones and b) why do we always chase decent players with a year or more still on their contract.

Hoping Belly gets in and sorts the Lachie situation out and gets everyone in line and on focus.

Not a fan of Conca but where the team is at it’s a good pick up.

1. Free agent- only cost is salary cap which we have millions to play with
2. Best 22 adds depth
3. Protects the likes Of Cerra and Brayshaw until they are ready.
4. 27 next year with 3-5 years

Last our quality players had to do much and when they dropped off we got smashed. Conca will go a long way to help with preventing that.

Conca does not inspire me. Lobb would be good but a) raises the Q again why we drafted Jones and b) why do we always chase decent players with a year or more still on their contract.

Hoping Belly gets in and sorts the Lachie situation out and gets everyone in line and on focus.
Why did we drafted Jones?

When Sandilands retires, Darcy will be the number one ruck.

Lobb would fill the power forward position/ruck role.

Jones will the reserve ruck when Darcy misses games.

Most likely you need a third ruck if both Jones and Darcy go down. That’s either Meek or Strnadica.

Why did we drafted Jones?

When Sandilands retires, Darcy will be the number one ruck.

Lobb would fill the power forward position/ruck role.

Jones will the reserve ruck when Darcy misses games.

Most likely you need a third ruck if both Jones and Darcy go down. That’s either Meek or Strnadica.

Where does that leave Cox, Tabs and Apeness (who we re-signed 2 months ago)?

No team in their right mind should have 4 rucks plus 6 forward/rucks on their list. What a waste of List spots. Are we trading Darcy, Tabs or Cox? Delisting both Meek and Strnadica? Some of them have to go.

Lobb being offered 700k is absolutely insane.

He's going to be 26 next year and apparently is demanding to only be recruited as a forward, with a career highs of 17 disposal, 4 goals & 10 marks.

Brennan Cox is 21, with career highs of 19 disposals, 4 goals & 10 marks.

I'm not comparing type or player, only worth. I have no problem with us recruiting him, but 700k and whatever draft pick we'll have to offload is reckless business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lobb being offered 700k is absolutely insane.

He's going to be 26 next year and apparently is demanding to only be recruited as a forward, with a career highs of 17 disposal, 4 goals & 10 marks.

Brennan Cox is 21, with career highs of 19 disposals, 4 goals & 10 marks.

I'm not comparing type or player, only worth. I have no problem with us recruiting him, but 700k and whatever draft pick we'll have to offload is reckless business.
Is this an either/or question?

Doesn’t add anything.. move on to someone that will add something.
Exactly.

It seems we have traded for many periphery players in recent years (Matera, Dardy, the Geelong guy). With this approach, we just end up with a pack of players who arent match winners.

Stick to the draft I reckon and if we need to trade, get A-Grade or GTFO.

Lobb should go to West Coast. Too expensive. They need a ruck type more than us.

He had his chance.
Yes it would be so much better for us playing a derby when they have Kennedy, Lobb and Darling for us to contend with and anything they don't mark will go to Ryan or Rioli. Trust me, we need Lobb more than they do.

Exactly.

It seems we have traded for many periphery players in recent years (Matera, Dardy, the Geelong guy). With this approach, we just end up with a pack of players who arent match winners.

Stick to the draft I reckon and if we need to trade, get A-Grade or GTFO.
So Brad Hill, Joel Hamling, Nathan Wilson.

You win some, you lose some.

I do love how we have 2 guys we can get potentially cheap that are best 22 in top sides and we go ‘nah... we have Taberner and Sheriden’ Don’t need Lobb or Conca.

Conca and Lobb are potentially very good gets by our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back