News Brodie Grundy re-signs (it's official, 3 more years!!!)

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Thread starter #1
It's done.

Cox is stuck behind No. 1 ruckman Brodie Grundy, who will reclaim the spot on Saturday against Melbourne and has signed a three-year contract extension.
But Grundy will resume the lead ruck role this weekend and has signed a $625,000 a year contract offer to lead the Magpies’ midfield until the end of 2020.

Grundy’s deal is expected to be announced this week.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/mason-cox-weighing-up-future-with-collingwood-as-hawthorn-and-richmond-eye-big-man/news-story/7e33911aeb5d1884779e9fb17ab6b005

Feeling better, TradeDraft...?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carringbush2010

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
That tells me Buckley's getting an extension :'(, given the rumors that he'd leave if bucks left, could be just rumor though:D

Brent24

Club Legend
AFL Club
Collingwood
I floated his name in the trades thread, but only under the hypothetical he wanted out.
Stoked to have him sign on, we got a great deal too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Thread starter #14
Only still from Media and Not Club.

Would not Risk Grundy in the Last Game
It's from Jay Clark. One of our designated mouthpieces. Take it to the bank.

It. Is. Done.

Enjoy it, Dave. Because in 3 years, we get to do it all again, this time against the backdrop of his Restricted Free Agent status...

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Only still from Media and Not Club.

Would not Risk Grundy in the Last Game
Grundy will play this week, why wouldn't he? He's had a very good season, I'm sure he would like to play the last game, and it's not like he's got any injury concerns. I'm hoping we can pull off a win, Grundy playing should help our chances.

It is great news that he's going to be with us for (at least) another three years. Losing him would have been a massive blow.

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grundy will play this week, why wouldn't he? He's had a very good season, I'm sure he would like to play the last game, and it's not like he's got any injury concerns. I'm hoping we can pull off a win, Grundy playing should help our chances.

It is great news that he's going to be with us for (at least) another three years. Losing him would have been a massive blow.
Hate to see Him do a ACL and that takes him out all next season

35Daicos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood (VFL), Man Utd.
Top Bottom