Brownlow Brownlow 2023 LIVE Now - Congrats Lachie Neale!

Remove this Banner Ad

The count was almost perfect in that it baited supporters from Collingwood, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Port and Sydney extremely late in the piece into believing their player could legitimately win. Well done Gil.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Bang on. I don't get why people get so worked up when this is the literal system we have used for decades. When you're umpiring junk stats don't get you noticed, but make some great clearances or at up a few goals and you get noticed. Hate doing the votes, and it's really a five minute discussion that no one cares about after the game.

People prefer to be outraged rather than look at the issue.

When Brisbane win, the umps go aahh, who played well, oh Neale got a lot of kicks, better give him 3 to cover ourselves.
But then why are you so upset when he got votes despite not getting lots of kicks??? Surely that means he did well?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is the year I emotionally check out of the Brownlow.

Really feels like they just handed it to Neale.

I'd take Caleb Serong and Jordan Dawson's years over Neale's.

Glad that he's gotten another one, hope he wins the flag this weekend too.

I would have taken anyone over Daicos though, the media has already made him so ******* unlikeable that a Brownlow would have taken it into overdrive.
Lock him in for next year

All the silly stuff aside:
Don’t think Neale had a stellar year, would have had Bontempelli, Butters and Petracca all ahead of him.
But he’s not some C-Grade shittruck, good luck to him.
A little surprised Dunkley really didn’t eat into his tally at all, thought Dunkley had an outstanding year.
Brownlow’s gunna Brownlow, end of the day.

I would be laughing if it wasn’t for the fact I have been miserable watching my team disappoint me in every aspect for 24 months, then I see Bont lose to a guy that didn’t even make the All-Australian team.
Western Bulldogs have never made top 4 in Bontempelli’s career. That sums it up.
Need to win more.
Bonts doesn’t stand out in losses and goes missing far too often.

Oh but how wrong you could be. The one vote for Gulden and no votes for Petracca who turned the game needs to be investigated. Almost like they were hoping another player would hold onto a lead.
Who was hoping that another player would hold onto the lead?
If these mystery people were able to rig the vote in the Swans vs Dees game in the hopes that Daicos held his lead, wouldn't those same people have the ability to rig Neale's votes for the last game? Or ANY of the other games during the year?

Don’t think Neale had a stellar year, would have had Bontempelli, Butters and Petracca all ahead of him.
A little surprised Dunkley really didn’t eat into his tally at all, thought Dunkley had an outstanding year.
Bold section sums it up.
I guess all the negating stuff umpires don't notice as much.
Dunkley is half a chance of winning our B&F if you track the fan pages etc., actually was that confident Dunkley would poll quite well I had money on it.

Dunkley had a real good year but seems to have been pigion holed as a defensive stopper mid so zero chance the umps even talked about him. He didn’t even make the All Aus squad.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back