Brownlow Brownlow 2023 LIVE Now - Congrats Lachie Neale!

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is such a good little entree to start the week! Neale is that far above any of the players on the first page of the leaderboard it’s not even a contest. It’s like shelling peas for choc.
Oh crap, just when you decide you're backing Brissie for the GF because their fans are more bearable, you have to go 100% Collingwood arrogance on us! Spose all teams have em.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who would have thought you would find some Richmond, Melbourne and Geelong supporters being ungracious flogs on here. 😂😂 losers

No you didn’t your just a salty lions hating goose.

Who would have thought Richmond, Geelong and Melbourne supporters would be the salty bunch of sooks. Ha ha up the Choccie.
Take a breath, mate. There isn't some anti-Brisbane conspiracy at play here – in fact, you'll find most on here are hoping that you win on Saturday.

There's just people pointing out that a guy who didn't make AA or finish in the top 10 of the Players' Association voting—and in most people's eyes, had a down year by his standards—perhaps was not who people considered to be the best player in the AFL this year. And that's OK! Lachie's medal can't be taken away from him and he'll forever be a two-time Brownlow winner.

On a football discussion forum though, you're likely to see people debating things about football – would be a pretty boring place otherwise.

Enjoy the week.

Shane Woewodin
Matt Priddis
Tom Mitchell
Oliver Wines
Lachie Neale

Oh crap, just when you decide you're backing Brissie for the GF because their fans are more bearable, you have to go 100% Collingwood arrogance on us! Spose all teams have em.

Ask him about his thoughts on his lord and saviour Jack Gunston if you have a spare two or three hours and you'll see what we have to put up with.

First time on the mainboard?

The count was almost perfect in that it baited supporters from Collingwood, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Port and Sydney extremely late in the piece into believing their player could legitimately win. Well done Gil.

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max
Whilst I agree with much of this, Im really not sure why you lump Butters in with them, he needed 7 votes to catch Naicos with only 6 left on the table.
I was riding Lachie home from the half way point, not his best year but justice for last year and a worthy 2xer

Gotta admit Neale did get lucky - particularly the three votes in the GWS match.

Then again, he was unlucky last year...so whaddya know.

Feel for the Bont - champion player, would love him on my team. He - again- got unlucky. Libba took too many votes off him early in the season.

Lachie is in a unique position in Brisbane - the best player in a team that is really good. Hence he just sucks up Brownlow votes like a hoover.

But the thing is...if Daicos didn't get injured, we wouldn't be here. He would have strolled it home.

Western Bulldogs have never made top 4 in Bontempelli’s career. That sums it up.
Need to win more.
Bonts doesn’t stand out in losses and goes missing far too often.
Patrick’s Brownlow from 9th. Interesting g comment that is definitely based on facts.

The brownlow never had much prestige in my eyes anyway. Gary Ablet snr, Wayne Carey and Franklin never won one, despite being I most people's top 10 players of all time.

Nothing against Neale the player, clearly a top player. If I was just going on which player I would want in my team for 2023, would clearly be Bont.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since moving to Brisbane 2 time winner and 2 time top 3 out of 5 seasons, now taken them to a grand final as captain…. Worthy trade? 😂

That's a fair point – I just think realistically, Bontempelli will be remembered as the better player. Far more to his game.

Anyway, that's not even meant to be bashing Neale, who's a really strong A-grader who has been consistent for quite some time. Just doubt he'll be considered an all-time great.
Honestly I'd disagree with that pretty assessment pretty vehemently. I think Neale has been crucial over the years to keeping Brisbane in the Top 4 and playing multiple finals over the current 5 year period.

I'd rate Neale as, if not the best, then certainly the most important player in the last 5 years and someone who has probably deserved 2 brownlows.

I watched enough and I listened to the champion data guy who said Neale was inefficient and overated.
Champion Data have rated Sam Switkowski as elite and in the best 22 for the league in the last 2 years. I'm a diehard Freo fan and even I would understand if you or anyone asked: Who?

Neale is a genuine star and I have no qualms about him being a dual winner. He should have won last year’s.

Bont deserves one but no more than Selwood or Pendles did in their prime (they were also competing with prime GAJ, Judd, Swan etc - a totally different environment to the current day).

At the end of the day Bont has again been let down by the inconsistency of his club. Cripps won it last year in a team that finished 9th but that was a bit of an outlier with most recent winners coming from top 4 teams.

Bont can also single handedly blame Bevo for 2021, when he led going into the final round and Bevo played him mainly in the ruck in a game Wines polled the three in to win. If I was more cynical I’d assume Bevo is a betting man…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back