Brownlow Brownlow 2023 LIVE Now - Congrats Lachie Neale!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, don't know how I feel about Neale being a two-time Brownlow winner when Bontempelli has zero. People will still be talking about the Bont's career in 20-30 years (probably longer) – don't know if the same can be said for Neale.

If he wins Saturday they will be. Probably needs a flag.

What a joke haha. Neale wins by getting 3 votes in a game he wasn't even in the top few players. Even the coaches gave him zero votes. Going to be controversial for awhile.

Difference is, Neale gets votes in games he wasn't expected to gain votes. Bont only gets votes in games he was expected to poll in. Which is why Bont will never win one.

Honestly I'd love those round 6 umpires to come out and explain their reasoning's. There were a few other questionable votes as well featuring other players mind you.

Least he didn't get ignored the first half of the season. Gulden had 5 votes at the halfway point of the season and Gulden was amazing the first half of the season.
Hate to say it but you are right, hope everyone gets around him from the get go next year, honestly forget Daicos, Gulden is the real story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, don't know how I feel about Neale being a two-time Brownlow winner when Bontempelli has zero. People will still be talking about the Bont's career in 20-30 years (probably longer) – don't know if the same can be said for Neale.
It’s not like he could potentially be a 2 x Brownlow medalist, MVP and a premiership captain.

Hate to say it but you are right, hope everyone gets around him from the get go next year, honestly forget Daicos, Gulden is the real story.

The problem is he didn't get talked about much, he didn't get the attention he needed in the press in order for the umpires to take notice. He has that now as the umpires know who he is and know he is a very good player but for players the umpires don't know well they have to work twice as hard to get votes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back