Building your own home

Remove this Banner Ad

I was checking out my roof today and the cabinet maker was there. He told me that the plumbing is 350mm out in the kitchen and Ensuite. I don't know the consequences nor did he but I'm thinking disaster awaits....

What a utensil up
Copper or PVC ?
In the slab or the wall ?
Is plaster up ,Im assuming it is

It's currently in between the island and the stove. They will have to hack the slab up. Will that cause weakness over time ?
It will be covered over no one will even know...except you

If its carpet or floating floor they just flex if they have to
If its tiled the glue should have enough flex for micro movements over time if it occurs

1622774405750.png

Finally under way almost a year after purchasing the land.
Went to have a sticky beak given the slab was being poured and happened to notice on the triple garage pictured here that they had put the single garage on the wrong side (should be on the left.)
I didn't want to be that annoying owner but had to mention it to the concreters - they were pretty bloody happy actually given I'd been able to point it out while the concrete was still wet. If it had dried it would have been a major pain for them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm currently building 2 townhouses and I'm finding the state of then site extremely frustrating. There is rubbish everywhere, coke cans, lunch, cigarettes. The aluminum tread thing at the front door has been put in but they're hauling s**t thru the house so it's been damaged. No fence surrounding the property. Not a care in the world apparently.

I had my mate a tradie around he was giving me the local goss

One guy went for a walk on the beach runs into a stranger who says thats a nice house
He says its mine
I wouldnt mind buying it
Its not for sale
Everythings for sale come up with a number
He says 8 mil
The guy goes ok I will get my people to talk to your people tomorrow
The place is getting knocked down and new place is planned with a heli pad

Another guy just pays nearly 3 mill for another place and says he doesnt like the roof so he is taking it off and putting in another storie and a heli pad

The place has gone mad with city folks post covid

I'm currently building 2 townhouses and I'm finding the state of then site extremely frustrating. There is rubbish everywhere, coke cans, lunch, cigarettes. The aluminum tread thing at the front door has been put in but they're hauling sh*t thru the house so it's been damaged. No fence surrounding the property. Not a care in the world apparently.
You went with the cheapest builder, didn't you?

I had my mate a tradie around he was giving me the local goss

One guy went for a walk on the beach runs into a stranger who says thats a nice house
He says its mine
I wouldnt mind buying it
Its not for sale
Everythings for sale come up with a number
He says 8 mil
The guy goes ok I will get my people to talk to your people tomorrow
The place is getting knocked down and new place is planned with a heli pad

Another guy just pays nearly 3 mill for another place and says he doesnt like the roof so he is taking it off and putting in another storie and a heli pad

The place has gone mad with city folks post covid

My cousin had a $5 scratchie and a phone number in his letterbox asking to call them for possibly selling them their house. It's getting insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back