Bulldogs 2019 = Bulldogs 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t like their defence as much and have doubts over Schache/Naughton in finals as youngsters.

As others have said Collingwood would be the team I’d back in to be like the 2016 Dogs, but not convinced they’ll get enough talent back.

The 2016 Bulldogs went 15-7 for the season--- the best the 2019 Bulldogs can do is finish 12-10.

It would be even more of a surprise if the Bulldogs did it this year, because they haven't been as strong this year during the H&A season as they were in 2016.

Yet, will probably finish 7th in both seasons after the H&A season.

15-7 this season could have got them top 4.

There are some similarities in the way they share and use the ball, but had more confidence in the 2016 team. Very young, next few seasons could be exciting. Nice to know there are some sides who would rather avoid us this year if we make it.

id say this team is more 2015. i think we can contend for a flag in another 1/2 seasons depending on trades/injuries. having said that theirs not much separating the dogs to the top teams, so we can make up ground very quickly on them.

weve also effectively been down 3 players this season

I've got the dees rebounding pretty hard next year too. No way in hell that list has another season like this one.
Nah. Even if we do, I don’t hold out hope for flag glory for this mob. Being beaten is one thing, giving up is another - even when the Bulldogs have been poor over the past couple of seasons I wouldn’t have had serious questions about their resilience.

Nah. Even if we do, I don’t hold out hope for flag glory for this mob. Being beaten is one thing, giving up is another - even when the Bulldogs have been poor over the past couple of seasons I wouldn’t have had serious questions about their resilience.
From an opposition supporters perspective the problems seem to be all offfield, preseasons need to be reviewed? Changes to personnel might be an indicator that change is happening (I was very surprised to see McCartney go). Players maybe got a bit ahead of themselves? A long hard summer on the track after a reality check will make a big difference I'm tipping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back