Autopsy Bulldog's effort and Jamarra's brilliance too much for Freo - (102 - 73)

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose it would be too logical to do the renovations in the footy off season.
Unpossible.

The stadium is currently undergoing a pretty major redevelopment.

A process that has been underway since early 2022 and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.

Last edited:
Naughtys in the worst form of his career aerially, genuine cinder block hands at the moment. But he’s so good up the ground, love the way he moves through traffic, elite at ground level

Makes ya think, run him through the guts 👀

Unpossible.

The stadium is currently undergoing a pretty major redevelopment.

A process that has been underway since early 2022 and is expected to be completed by the end of this year.
Fair enough, it was reported as "renovations" to level 3. A pretty major redevelopment is quite different to renovations.

Very noticeable at the ground.

Naughton was, apparently, criticised by the TV commentators for his first half.

All I could see was that he was dragging a backman away from the contest, allowing Jamarra a clear run.

The sort of room JUH had was a breath of fresh air in what has often been a very crowded forward line.
Bingo. The commentators didn’t cover themselves in glory in the first half. We had our problems but the functioning of the forward line wasn’t one of them. Bevo clearly acted on what he saw with the improved forward line in the north game and instructed Naughton to get out of the way and have Jamarra be super dynamic in space deep.

Part of the adjustment was Lobb starting on the bench, so you know who he’s coming on for. A spell for English and then a spell for Naughton then maybe a bit of tall ball then back to the bench. Just makes sense

Naughtys in the worst form of his career aerially, genuine cinder block hands at the moment. But he’s so good up the ground, love the way he moves through traffic, elite at ground level

Makes ya think, run him through the guts 👀
I’ve liked the idea of Naughton in stoppages for a long while. He’s an animal on the deck

I was really impressed with O'Donnell this afternoon. Took a step in the right direction as a versatile 3rd back. Some good courage and athleticism.
I would like JOD a good run at the third tall, even when Jones gets back. I would swap him out for Busslinger based on performance of them both. I’m looking to the future by getting them both accustomed to playing AFL.

I would like JOD a good run at the third tall, even when Jones gets back. I would swap him out for Busslinger based on performance of them both. I’m looking to the future by getting them both accustomed to playing AFL.
I’m starting to get the feeling he can be a genuine CHB. He is a big unit and pretty strong one on on. I reckon we’ll be able to get away with JOD CHB & Buss 3rd tall in future so long as we have a Jones alongside them (can he pls play until 40?)

Fair enough, it was reported as "renovations" to level 3. A pretty major redevelopment is quite different to renovations.
There is a massive redevelopment of the whole stadium, level 3 and level 1 and the entrances mainly. They haven’t done much since the stadium was opened in a rush in early 2000 and the decision to close areas of the stadium was done by the AFL and the stadium management back them. I know, I worked there 🤣

I’m starting to get the feeling he can be a genuine CHB. He is a big unit and pretty strong one on on. I reckon we’ll be able to get away with JOD CHB & Buss 3rd tall in future so long as we have a Jones alongside them (can he pls play until 40?)

Agreed.

It's great to see JOD's confidence growing.

He looks like he believes he belongs, and he certainly didn't look out of place.
He backed himself a few times yesterday and did some really good things.

As you say, he could be the long term CHB we've needed for a while.

JUH best on ground by an absolute mile. West has no business being out of the 22 from here onwards. Best I’ve seen Keath play in a long time, honestly thought he was just cooked but that was outstanding in Jones’ absence.

Love Keath running up the guts when he has the opportunity - hes actually pretty quick when he gets going.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When his momentum moves or kicks forward he uses his strengths.
When he tries to hand pass or go sideways, is when trouble arises.
About time the coaches realised this and get this out of his game.

Yeah, Im fine with him leaving his man if he is running 30m and kicking it another 30+

One time he carried it ahead of the play and the old Keath would have panic kicked it to nobody/directly to the opposition. But he slowed right down and chipped it sideways.

Next step is to burst through the opposition , run to 50m and bang through a long goal :p

Jamarra is progressing so so well. Third year now, and starting to hit his straps. It’s exciting.

Shout out to Treloar who I thought worked exceptionally hard over 4 quarters. It was also great to see Macrae having a major influence when we got on a roll. West showed how ridiculous selection was in leaving him out.

JOD just looks like he is going to make it. If Buss turns out what we all hope - add in Croft - we’ll have both ends of the ground covered. That’s enticing.

I was going to point this out too. It's a very small sample compared to 83 contests (so take this with a pinch of salt) but on OG's stats Lobb did better against Darcy than English did.

The more concerning point is that according to someone here - Smiley Boy I think? - some of Lobb's teammates are not happy with his output considering his generous contract. Now "some" might only be a small number (I'm not doubting SB's sources) but even if it was a small number it's a worry. Teammates would be well aware of the plans, roles, expectations and instructions to players.

I wonder what performance measures would constitute a passmark for Lobb within the club?
I reckon Lobb is doing a pretty good job as a second ruck. But if you're talking about the pay packet, he really needs to take more marks around the ground firstly and kicking slightly more goals wouldn't go astray, though I think he's struggling to gel with our forward structure (if we have such a thing).

There is a massive redevelopment of the whole stadium, level 3 and level 1 and the entrances mainly. They haven’t done much since the stadium was opened in a rush in early 2000 and the decision to close areas of the stadium was done by the AFL and the stadium management back them. I know, I worked there 🤣
I was glad yesterday I no longer have to use a portaloo on level 2. Was able to use a shiny new men’s toilet - which was exactly the same as the old men’s toilet.

Last edited:
Yeah, Im fine with him leaving his man if he is running 30m and kicking it another 30+

One time he carried it ahead of the play and the old Keath would have panic kicked it to nobody/directly to the opposition. But he slowed right down and chipped it sideways.

Next step is to burst through the opposition , run to 50m and bang through a long goal :p
That's old hat ...

JOD and Busslinger could make a lovely KPD duo. The future of that part of the ground is looking much brighter than this time last year. Gallagher and Cleary also seem like they've got it as defenders, albeit with a small sample size, and Richards is still very young.

357700502_287786757149656_8461090547949568420_n.jpg

Has Busslinger done anything at VFL level yet?
From those who have watched live apparently positioning and distribution very good, intercepting well enough, 1-on-1 defending very suspect - until he puts on size we won’t know if strength or skill set is the issue. Finished the game forward last week because we didn’t have rotations and he was too gassed to continue in the backline.

I think there was a comment from someone last week that he’s unlikely to ever be a 1KPD, might become a 2KPD, distribution is good enough even if he only becomes a 3rd-tall/interceptor.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back