Bye Bye Amarfios

Remove this Banner Ad

A decision on Noble will come before the end of the season. In the interim, you have to back him. If he had said anything else, Noble's position would become untenable and he would have to leave immediately.

When the decision will be made about his future, a more appropriate statement will be made.

Now I’m not blaming BA but the signage of the toilets at the AFLW B&F was terrible.
I saw the sign “RestRoom” and proceeded to enter. I looked at the ceiling to confirm it was “The Mens” and proceeded to relieve myself.
But unbeknownst to me, I was actually in the Ladies dunny and so when I exited my stall to dry off my old fella under the hand-dryer as you do, I was confronted with some ghastly looks.

I heard one lady snicker under her breath, “Look at Bjorn, showing us his main mast”. It was a touch embarrassing as you can imagine. But I’ve got a big body, so I zipped up, pointed out to the young lass that I’m not Swedish, and then began to blink my eyes to the Ace of Base hit “All that she wants”. I’m still not sure if she got it.

Remind me to never take any of you camping. Moment there is a slight issue with the tent, the tears come out.

The club is in the Best Financial Position it has ever been in it's ratty, smell of an oily rag history. We have the base to develop long term growth. They are managing the Tasmanian Question pretty well up until this point, still holding the whip hand.

Sponsors are still signing and we are absolutely dogshit. The strategy has the state gov on board.

He is a connected and respected hitter. I swear some of you I don't know how you feed yourselves.

How much of that was the work of Dilena though?

That's on us. Always has and always will be.
Yes. And no.

For a lot of us, it's a passion and we'll go whenever we can. I'll be there on Sunday. But for others it isn't. They get a membership but can take it or leave it. Life is busy and we all make choices. If they don't enjoy going then they don't go. If they have family commitments, work pressures or a long weekend away then they make the choice not to go, then fair enough. NMFC is a business and it produces a product. Like other businesses, if the product isn't good, then people won't buy. All clubs have fair weather, fickle supporters so they can't just depend on "loyal, thick and thin" to get people along. They actually have to make a product that the public want to consume.

Sunday's game is between two bottom 4 teams, and will have no impact on anything this year. It's not attractive to any non-partisan theatre goers. The opposition have no presence in Melbourne. The home team have disenfranchised supporters by providing poor entertainment, well-founded pessimism and the mundane clichés the perpetually mundane spin out. It's in the middle of a long weekend - many would weigh up a long weekend down the Peninsula or Phillip Island with the spouse and kids against a possibly dreary afternoon at Marvel.

Kudos to those like me who'll stick fat. But not everyone can be like that. Football doesn't engulf the lives of all of us. If you don't enjoy it, you can't be expected to go. The club has some responsibility to come up with a product worth investing in. For the customer to feel valued. Right now, NMFC falls short of that.

Last edited:
So according to Sam Edmond the Dite has been blindsided by the Walsh appointment. Lol

I’d actually believe that and the Dite should have realised when the first question Kingy asked him was he the right man for the job .

That’s should have raised alarm bells with you Dite .

Just cause you come up with an arbitrary timeframe around our improvement . That doesn’t mean it works for all parties .

You’re another doing a s**t job fyi .

So according to Sam Edmond the Dite has been blindsided by the Walsh appointment. Lol

I’d actually believe that and the Dite should have realised when the first question Kingy asked him was he the right man for the job .

That’s should have raised alarm bells with you Dite .

Just cause you come up with an arbitrary timeframe around our improvement . That doesn’t mean it works for all parties .

You’re another doing a s**t job fyi .
Dite?

Staggered that this is even a thread to be honest. Club is in the best financial position it has been in for decades, expanded facilities, record membership and looking to expand our asset base. But the CEO is doing a s**t job.

For those of you playing at home, there is a review underway and it would be recalcitrant of the CEO to undermine the process and tap Noble on the shoulder until it is completed.

FWIW - I have no issue with the departure of the List Management team. Could it have been handled better, possibly, but the right outcome was achieved and enables a reset of this part of the football program.

Was being silly Amafrio …

But the point stands if he didn’t know about it .

And come on the financial status of the club pre dates Ben . I’m still waiting to hear about any new deals he has in the pipeline .

Again Kingy questioned him straight up . So my take on that is someone inside the walls of Arden St aren’t fans of his work .

To even bring in a consultant to cast an eye of our processes is rather damming for the likes of Ben and others .

We will see I suppose . But I wouldn’t be upset if he got the arse tbh .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was being silly Amafrio …

But the point stands if he didn’t know about it .

And come on the financial status of the club pre dates Ben . I’m still waiting to hear about any new deals he has in the pipeline .

Again Kingy questioned him straight up . So my take on that is someone inside the walls of Arden St aren’t fans of his work .

To even bring in a consultant to cast an eye of our processes is rather damming for the likes of Ben and others .

We will see I suppose . But I wouldn’t be upset if he got the arse tbh .
Is Kingy the designated hatchet man at the club?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So, when the president comes out and says "that's categorically untrue" we just assume she's lying and go with the media instead?
One rumour is that he was told late in the process and wasn't involved in the original planning. Sonja's response is clear.

So, when the president comes out and says "that's categorically untrue" we just assume she's lying and go with the media instead?
It would appear so.

Walsh is in their to review footy ops, not the CEO. He'd be reporting his findings to the CEO and the board you'd think.

Apparently McPherson has already conducted a review. I'd like to see his findings compared to what's he came from at Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Bin him. A key part of the problem.
Its so strange. End of 2019 we had a new CEO, new coach and new footy boss after turfing Scott, Joyce and Carl that year.
Replaced them with Amarfio, Rawlings and Shaw who is the only one that has gone. Now the president left earlier this year and it just feels like more change is coming.

The reality is Rawlings and Amarfio have overseen the worst run of results in AFL history for the club that has prompted drastic action backed by the new president and the only football accredited board member in Anthony Stevens.

Noble might or might not be the problem, but hes coach and he might not be the only change we see after Walsh is done.

I would throw the kitchen sink at getting Eugene back.
For me the best people in the leading roles would be Sonja as president, Eugene back as CEO, keep Walsh as footy boss as McPherson is inexperienced, Clarko or a Yze/Burns as head coach and then a new captain maybe LDU or McKay.

Last edited:
Its so strange. End of 2019 we had a new CEO, new coach and new footy boss after turfing Scott, Joyce and Carl that year.
Replaced with Amarfio, Rawlings and Shaw one has gone and then the president left earlier this year and it just feels like more change is coming.

The reality is Rawlings and Amarfio have overseen the worst run of results in AFL history for the club that has prompted drastic action backed by the new president and the only football club accredited board member in Anthony Stevens.

Noble might or might not be the problem, but hes coach and he might not be the only change we see after Walsh is done.

For me the best people in the leading roles would be Sonja as president, Eugene back as CEO, keep Walsh as footy boss as McPherson is inexperienced, Clarko or a Yze/Burns as head coach and then a new captain maybe LDU or McKay.
Agree with every point you’ve made, bar the last line. Davies-Uniacke won’t ever make a captain.

https://au.linkedin.com/in/ben-amarfio
Taking a look at Amarfio's profile...

I have led large diverse teams (200+ people with 9 direct reports) and am known as being a strong leader who is inclusive, results-oriented, authentic and focused on developing talented, high achieving teams while creating a highly engaged, collaborative, performance-oriented team environment.

Absolute nonsense. We are everything but. Fractures everywhere, talent going to waste, underachieving, disengaged and unmotivated team.

I have a proven track record of driving sustainable profitable growth, revenue and EBIT and have a natural bias towards business creation and execution, deal making, P&L management, digital and media rights strategy and international sponsorship, marketing and communications.

'Natural bias toward business creation'. Give him that he has done a good job with profits and membership. Is a bias towards business acceptable in a football club environment? Does he have the right knowledge for the job?

Given our results and from the outside looking in he seems like a businessman who shouldn't be anywhere near a football club.

Replaced with Amarfio, Rawlings and Shaw one has gone and then the president left earlier this year and it just feels like more change is coming.

The reality is Rawlings and Amarfio have overseen the worst run of results in AFL history for the club that has prompted drastic action backed by the new president and the only football club accredited board member in Anthony Stevens.

Eugene made things happen. He had a real passion for the club as well. Not something that you really get from Amarfio.

Make it happen Euge!

https://au.linkedin.com/in/ben-amarfio
Taking a look at Amarfio's profile...

I have led large diverse teams (200+ people with 9 direct reports) and am known as being a strong leader who is inclusive, results-oriented, authentic and focused on developing talented, high achieving teams while creating a highly engaged, collaborative, performance-oriented team environment.

Absolute nonsense. We are everything but. Fractures everywhere, talent going to waste, underachieving, disengaged and unmotivated team.

I have a proven track record of driving sustainable profitable growth, revenue and EBIT and have a natural bias towards business creation and execution, deal making, P&L management, digital and media rights strategy and international sponsorship, marketing and communications.

'Natural bias toward business creation'. Give him that he has done a good job with profits and membership. Is a bias towards business acceptable in a football club environment? Does he have the right knowledge for the job?

Given our results and from the outside looking in he seems like a businessman who shouldn't be anywhere near a football club.
You could argue that profits have been prioritised over putting in place best practice football operations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back