Uncontracted Caleb Daniel

the Ziebull

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Thread starter #1
Smallest player in the league but a very clever footballer.

Elite by foot, big ball winner, playing a bit more hbf due to dogs strong mid depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
One of very few Bulldogs players I'd want.brilliant vision and clean sure disposal. Not as a key back though.
I'd welcome more than a few at the Lions- Bailey Smith, Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards, Toby McLean, Marcus Bontempelli, Jackson Macrae, Lachie Hunter.

AFL Club
GWS
I'd welcome more than a few at the Lions- Bailey Smith, Aaron Naughton, Ed Richards, Toby McLean, Marcus Bontempelli, Jackson Macrae, Lachie Hunter.
Bontempelli gets a game anywhere but we're just not hunting million dollar mids right now.

I do rate Hunter somewhat.

Generally I think the Bulldogs players are overrated. They have quite a few players that look great when things are going well, but dont work hard enough when momentum is against them. I think you'd have to be cautious about importing that.

I laughed today with Daniel being caught one out against Mackay a few times. It just might be he's the only defender committed enough to turn up in the contest though. No-one would be silky eniugh to seek that matchup surely.

adammania9

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Bontempelli gets a game anywhere but we're just not hunting million dollar mids right now.

I do rate Hunter somewhat.

Generally I think the Bulldogs players are overrated. They have quite a few players that look great when things are going well, but dont work hard enough when momentum is against them. I think you'd have to be cautious about importing that.

I laughed today with Daniel being caught one out against Mackay a few times. It just might be he's the only defender committed enough to turn up in the contest though. No-one would be silky eniugh to seek that matchup surely.
Good thing nobody asked, ay?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Sam Reid has heart and runs hard in defence. That's two important pluses over most of your list.
You see what you want to see.

Just like everyone else sees you simply can’t have a rational opinion on anything Bulldogs because you are so clouded by hate.

Alphonse_

Matching On Together
AFL Club
Carlton
Can't see The Dogs letting him go. If he does leave, you would have to start thinking that Bevo may have lost the players, but Caleb strikes me as the loyal type, who'll be a Bulldog for life.

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
It’s simply nonsensical to suggest he’s played as a key back to try and talk Daniel down.

In modern footy with players in transition someone win good disposal is back as the sweeper. So if a team is looking to switch we get it back to that player.

The catch is if there is a turnover that player is often exposed. And Daniel’s size means it looks worse. In the past Suckling has been that player too, and he’s had goals kicked on him. It doesn’t have the optics of a 167cm player trying to spoil, but it is the same result.

You take the good with the bad with Daniel in that regard. It’s the peril of playing him in defence. His good disposal v his physical limitations.

It’s poor form to bag a team based on that, and shows a very limited understanding of the game. Unless a certain poster is trying to bait a supporter group into a ****fight.

Daniel has had a good year to date and I would hate to see him go. Don’t think he’s likely to leave

AFL Club
GWS
It’s simply nonsensical to suggest he’s played as a key back to try and talk Daniel down.

In modern footy with players in transition someone win good disposal is back as the sweeper. So if a team is looking to switch we get it back to that player.

The catch is if there is a turnover that player is often exposed. And Daniel’s size means it looks worse. In the past Suckling has been that player too, and he’s had goals kicked on him. It doesn’t have the optics of a 167cm player trying to spoil, but it is the same result.

You take the good with the bad with Daniel in that regard. It’s the peril of playing him in defence. His good disposal v his physical limitations.

It’s poor form to bag a team based on that, and shows a very limited understanding of the game. Unless a certain poster is trying to bait a supporter group into a ****fight.

Daniel has had a good year to date and I would hate to see him go. Don’t think he’s likely to leave
Leaving Daniel one out against tails is a plan to lose. It just cant happen.

ManOfClay

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Leaving Daniel one out against tails is a plan to lose. It just cant happen.
We bank on not turning it over. If you think we are deliberately leaving him one out then you just don’t understand.

Our failings up the ground are responsible for him being caught out in that situation

Top Bottom