Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Sinkers is good for depth, alot of people are over-reacting with his signing. He's 3rd on the ruck depth chart which is perfect imo. If hickey goes down then Ladhams and Sinkers can split ruck duties. I don't think Ladhams will be good enough to handle being the main ruck next season and I wouldn't want Amartey/Mclean playing more than a pinch hitting role in the ruck. On a cheap contract too, so no harm done.

Sinkers is good for depth, alot of people are over-reacting with his signing. He's 3rd on the ruck depth chart which is perfect imo. If hickey goes down then Ladhams and Sinkers can split ruck duties. I don't think Ladhams will be good enough to handle being the main ruck next season and I wouldn't want Amartey/Mclean playing more than a pinch hitting role in the ruck. On a cheap contract too, so no harm done.
For years we complained about a complete lack of depth, we finally have some and we have half the board saying we should delist players that can come in and do a serviceable job for some untried draftees.

I have given up guessing when guys are done, I mean maybe he is the next to re emerge
I've got him down for a Norm Smith or 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given his reputation as a clubman I wouldn't mind seeing him stick around in the VFL and do some player-coaching, if he was interested. Or depending on our list changes, even have him on the rookie list as a "break glass in case of emegency" option. Though if we have COVID supplementary lists next year that might be a better option.

Easily his best performance, I don't think he made a single fault all night
I reckon his game against the Cats at Kardinia Park where we came back to win in the last was right up there.

Kennedy gets most of the credit for that win, which is fair enough because he pretty much single-handedly beat the Cats midfield of Dangerfield, Selwood, Kelly, Duncan, and Guthrie in the last quarter, but Sinclar was everywhere early in that game.

Check out his stats - not a bad game from an undersized ruck.

Would really like to see something official from the club on this. Great club man and warrior deserves some fuss.
Probably because he's not ready and despite the 'slip' wants to concentrate on finals football , and not let it be a distraction to the rest of the team.

Sinclair has more than earnt the right to make his announcement in his own time.

Probably because he's not ready and despite the 'slip' wants to concentrate on finals football , and not let it be a distraction to the rest of the team.

Sinclair has more than earnt the right to make his announcement in his own time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back