List Mgmt. Cam McCarthy Requests Trade to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's overs but I'd do it. 2 speculative picks for a player that fits exactly what we need for next season and bleeds purple. Do the deal Bond.

McCarthy and Bennell in and that's a massive year of trading for Freo.

Edit: LOL to the above. GWS are dreamers.

It's overs but I'd do it. 2 speculative picks for a player that fits exactly what we need for next season and bleeds purple. Do the deal Bond.

McCarthy and Bennell in and that's a massive year of trading for Freo.

Edit: LOL to the above. GWS are dreamers.

If it goes through it would have to be our greatest trading ever considering the age of McCarthy and Bennell.

I don't believe we would have put anything on the table as yet

We are simply letting the media do its thing - letting GWS sit there wondering what's happening while he see's sunshine out drinking with our boys, being in WA with his family.

How about sunshine for 1st round this year and second round and throw in duffield like we rid of broughton to GCS.

They have Malceski, doubt Duffield is of ANY interest to them.

Hey guys - Im a Fremantle fan living in Melbourne, pretty excited about the hype around this years trade/draft period

The obvious void we need to fill is key forwards so McCarthy would be a solid get for years to come, although this could cost us wayyyy too much by the sounds of things. A first rounder should be enough to get the deal done if both clubs are realistic. Other forward options to seriously have a look at if we dont get McCarthy this year

Mitch Brown - 25y.o - Sandringham - can play forward and defence
21 games
23 goals
really solid finals performer in the VFL, probably a slight upgrade on Mayne in terms of versatility

Mason Shaw - 21y.o - Delisted by Port - Similar build to Taberner
maybe worth rookie listing if hes fit

I think Pavlich would only be of benefit to us if hes playing as the #2 or #3 forward, as he cant beat the #1 defender anymore
would Pav play on if McCarthy becomes a docker ?

If it goes through it would have to be our greatest trading ever considering the age of McCarthy and Bennell.
Agreed! In the past we seem to have always traded in players who are that bit older and at the back end of their prime. Where as with these two their best footy days are still ahead of them with plenty of development left. The way I see it is Bennell is the player that Simpson would have been for us and McCarthy is that KPF we have all been wanting to draft for the last 5-6 years.

It's going to be a really really really really long off season if we land both McCarthy and Bennell. I can't stop thinking about how much they would improve the quality of the team. Such a pair of young talented players that are attacking and require attention. 2016 will be a great year.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

I think if we did manage to land McCarthy the expectations would have to be lowered a bit. He will go from being the third tall in attack to probably the focal point in attack as a 21 yr old. I would be happy if he managed 30 goals
If tabs can hold onto his marks and become a better decision maker they could compliment each other quite well, throwing fyfe forward alot more next season would also help us score 100+ on a regular basis

does anyone else get the feeling that West Coast could make a play for McCarthy? everyone talks about how they have a great forward line but really Kennedy is 29 next year, Darling is more a second/third tall and then they have McCinness who is unproven. I know everyone says that they could move McGovern down there but he is also unproven as a forward.

If their deal for Redden falls through then they may well target McCarthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if we did manage to land McCarthy the expectations would have to be lowered a bit. He will go from being the third tall in attack to probably the focal point in attack as a 21 yr old. I would be happy if he managed 30 goals
He will have better delivery from guys like Mundy and the much vaunted Lachy Neale. Our midfield is superior to GWS so we shouldn't make too many excuses for him.

He is being signed as a key forward (and paid accordingly) and therefore must accept that responsibility. If he wants to play as the third tall he should demand the salary of a spearhead forward.

does anyone else get the feeling that West Coast could make a play for McCarthy? everyone talks about how they have a great forward line but really Kennedy is 29 next year, Darling is more a second/third tall and then they have McCinness who is unproven. I know everyone says that they could move McGovern down there but he is also unproven as a forward.

McCarthy won't go to WCE

The game has evolved and it's not really about 1st Tall, 2nd Tall or 3rd Tall. Everybody that is in the forward line at any given time must present and be an avenue to goal. This is our big issue as we have/had limited avenues to goal. Look at the Eagles, Hawks, Roos and they have lots of ways to get that footy through the big sticks.
This trade period is all about expanding our options as we transition the ball for defense to attack.

He will have better delivery from guys like Mundy and the much vaunted Lachy Neale. Our midfield is superior to GWS so we shouldn't make too many excuses for him.

He is being signed as a key forward (and paid accordingly) and therefore must accept that responsibility. If he wants to play as the third tall he should demand the salary of a spearhead forward.
Our delivery in to our forward line this year was horrible. That had a lot to deal with why we couldn't kick a high score week in week out.

I agree McCarthy is no saviour but he'll develop into something of quality within a few years. If we get him this year (I'll be disappointed if we don't) we can't have hefty expectations on the kid. I don't think with our current forward structure and ball movement McCarthy won't do any better than a 32 yr old Pav.

Tabs/Pearce, McCarthy, Apeness/Mayne and Griffen looks to be our potential forward talls next year. Even with McCarthy we rank in the bottom 4 teams for quality talls. It's critical we get McCarthy and we have to throw the kitchen sink at him, if we don't land him next year it's going to be tough.

Wow, I'm not going to even ask for your opinion about Tom Boyd :drunk:

No, for the obvious reason that they wouldn't be prepared to pay him the money we would.

Never say never. If he really is homesick and a deal cant be done with Freo then he would probably much rather be traded to the Eagles than spend another two years at GWS

One of the upside of this season is that West Coast have worse picks to offer GWS than us. Don't think they are interested either way. If they want to make a bid they should have gone with Bennell (which they didn't).

One of the upside of this season is that West Coast have worse picks to offer GWS than us. Don't think they are interested either way. If they want to make a bid they should have gone with Bennell (which they didn't).
They will have a better pick than us if we use our first on Bennell and they miss out on Redden. They could offer there first pick this year and there first pick next year and then use the compensation pick or Sinclair for Jetta. I'm sure they would have the money to get him as well as they are losing Selwood and then they obviously have a bit of cash if they are chasing Redden.

No, for the obvious reason that they wouldn't be prepared to pay him the money we would.

Although in Cam's instance, he has told GWS he is genuinely homesick and his return to W.A is not financially motivated.
If it is homesickness, they will help him, if it is for coin, then understandably they would say no.
wc would not be in Cameron's mind.

Bennell is too high risk for our first. His melb trip lowered his value. At most we will package up a fringe player with our second or 3rd. Only way we give up our first is if they give us a second

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back