Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Am l the only one not a big fan of the bounding Kangaroo jumper ?
Always thought, meh.
It's OK, but put me down as a huge fan of the old blue with a white V jumper too.

If it's a choice between the 2, it's the flying V every day of the week :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am l the only one not a big fan of the bounding Kangaroo jumper ?
Always thought, meh.
No mate, I'm in your camp as well.

Not upset if they bring it back as a clash strip as a lot of people like it, but personally prefer it to be left to history.

White with royal blue stripes, royal blue knicks, royal blue hose for home. White knicks, royal blue and white hooped hose away.

Perfection in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

So apparently we've requested to move back to the white base and blue stripes?

I reckon I'm the only North fan in the country disappointed by that. I know it's not traditional, but aesthetically I much prefer the blue base and the white stripes. It's just a richer, nicer looking jumper IMO. Hopefully at least if we do go back to the white base we get to wear it with blue shorts.

So apparently we've requested to move back to the white base and blue stripes?

I reckon I'm the only North fan in the country disappointed by that. I know it's not traditional, but aesthetically I much prefer the blue base and the white stripes. It's just a richer, nicer looking jumper IMO. Hopefully at least if we do go back to the white base we get to wear it with blue shorts.

If the blue stripes are wider as they were from the 70s and 80s instead of the weak thin stripes that got progressively worse from the 90s onwards, then it is a much better and stronger jumper. I fully expect Puma to have followed this brief as they know what they're doing.

1980s jumper:

North-1981.gif

2016 and onwards:

North-2016.gif

No mate, I'm in your camp as well.

Not upset if they bring it back as a clash strip as a lot of people like it, but personally prefer it to be left to history.

White with royal blue stripes, royal blue knicks, royal blue hose for home. White knicks, royal blue and white hooped hose away.

Perfection in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
1633735787927.gif

In a big fan of the V. To me a it's a more appropriate away/clash jumper as it acknowledges our pre Kangaroos heritage. Although I probably have a personal bias in this respect as it's the jumper my grandfather wore when he played for the club.

I'm okay if we keep the heritage white V jumper from 1925 on ice for a couple of years but there is no question, we absolutely MUST wear the white V as our alternate strip in 2025 and especially when we play Hawthorn, the Dogs and Geelong that year.

As a kid I dreamt of wearing the big white V for Victoria, as well as the blue and white stripes of North Melbourne. What better than wearing the big white V for North Melbourne a few times each year. Reckon it looks great and has great heritage behind it.

Come to think of it, did the Victoria state team knock off our jumper from the 20's? They knocked off our club song I know that.

As a kid I dreamt of wearing the big white V for Victoria, as well as the blue and white stripes of North Melbourne. What better than wearing the big white V for North Melbourne a few times each year. Reckon it looks great and has great heritage behind it.

Come to think of it, did the Victoria state team knock off our jumper from the 20's? They knocked off our club song I know that.

Victorian state team was wearing a big V as early as 1908 so the answer is no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back