Prediction Carlton Consensus Best 22 (RESULTS ARE IN)

Who should take the final spot in our Consensus Best 22 for 2017? (PICK FOUR)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

he wants it. spoke with him last year. desperate and thankful for the chance. works hard just needs to hopefully find the key to go from talented athlete/junior to afl footballer.

Maybe.........but what one says and one one does may not necessarily marry up.

Nothing I saw last year suggested to me that he wants it, but if that changes this year.....what a bonus.

The problem is we need Casboult and Rowe to play roles that others should be able to replace them in soon enough.

we only need one. you don't have to play talls. look at the bulldogs grand final side. look at the hawks. its more about quality and mobility and ball use. with our developing midfield we could easily play mckay & silvagni, maybe charlie supported by smalls. nearly all our mids are capable goalkickers. rowe would be the back up ruck, fwd or defender. bolton may like the flexibility

Nothing I saw last year suggested to me that he wants it, but if that changes this year.....what a bonus.

cant assume he doesn't want it. i think thats the least likely reason. could be confidence, understanding, maturity etc. i actually thought he played better in the seniors when given a go.

Just as an aside here.

I feel we have such a great board here that even through the most heated of arguments, we find a way through things.
That's just not usually the case with divisions forming and name-calling becoming the order of the day. We're not too bad, after all. :)

2016 has been the year of stunning turn abouts.

Thank god for Liam Neeson movies I say.

Always suspicious, always angry, constantly running.

The worst, most obvious role actor in movies right now. Bobby De-Niro and John Lithgow, take a knee.

Last edited:
Just as an aside here.

I feel we have such a great board here that even through the most heated of arguments, we find a way through things.
That's just not usually the case with divisions forming and name-calling becoming the order of the day. We're not too bad, after all. :)

That's complete crap, man! :p

But seriously. We have our flare ups. Some get heated, a few go too far. But for the most part, things are resolved fairly maturely... Even if it's a 'agree to disagree' type resolution.

I don't do a lot of social media, but I assume that would be pretty rare for an online forum.

But seriously. We have our flare ups. Some get heated, a few go too far. But for the most part, things are resolved fairly maturely... Even if it's a 'agree to disagree' type resolution.

I don't do a lot of social media, but I assume that would be pretty rare for an online forum.

im all for a good discussion.

as long as im right ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bottom line with the ruck/key forward is our worst position. have options but not much to get excited about

kruezer & phillips are okay and work hard but don't influence enough
korchek. long way to go
rowe is a good handy team player. will do do a role for now
casboult. too many flaws to persist with
gorringe. has talent but will it translate? last year on deal and still young. might as well find out so id play him
jones. look at casboult
mckay. extremely talented but very raw. 10-15 games up forward will be bonus.
silvagni. more a mobile forward but talented and extremly young.
charlie curnow. i am hoping more fyfe than stringer
jaksch. a bit like gorringe. has talent but something holding him back. more a defender to me.
white. back up worker

I can only see things the way I see things and if I had to give credit to one person, it would have to be The Old Dark Navy's

Been here long enough to see his guidance via pragmatism, consideration, politeness and genuine care factor................and he tells us he has issues.
That's totally understandable as you'll often find those that have/are experiencing the most, are likely to be the most empathetic through others' situations.

Early Christmas cheer, but here's one for TODN......gulp....gulp...gulp... :)

True

but

it also shows what a true rebuild looks like.

and its looking better and better. its this time next year when our list will be mostly set. rest of the deadwood gone and another 6-8 young talented kids plus some current guns added. its why 2017 should be about development of the young kids we have. they need games and I believe bolton will do just that

Just as an aside here.

Never seen the need to belittle someone else to make your point. It usually means you have run out of ideas and are struggling to justify your stance. Found most people in this place are happy to argue things on their merits which is much more constructive. Been happy to change my mind on things once a convincing argument has been made.

and its looking better and better. its this time next year when our list will be mostly set. rest of the deadwood gone and another 6-8 young talented kids plus some current guns added. its why 2017 should be about development of the young kids we have. they need games and I believe bolton will do just that
As long as we use the mature players to help bring the kids along and protect them from breaking down. No more overuse injuries or playing guys hurt.

I can only see things the way I see things and if I had to give credit to one person, it would have to be The Old Dark Navy's

Been here long enough to see his guidance via pragmatism, consideration, politeness and genuine care factor................and he tells us he has issues.
That's totally understandable as you'll often find those that have/are experiencing the most, are likely to be the most empathetic through others' situations.

Early Christmas cheer, but here's one for TODN......gulp....gulp...gulp... :)
Good Mods are good, we have some beauties.

Shutup then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back