List Mgmt. Carlton Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually rate the talls late 1st through to the 3rd round, most being from WA. While they may not turn out to be elite, there are a number of options that I believe will do well at the next level

Van Rooyen is athletic, tough and can play both ends. Bazzo is extremely underrated, even moreso Williams. Taylor, Alleer, Polson.
I like Alleer the most if we can find a solid lock down player to replace Jones. His intercepting is lovely.

Plenty of talent on our list.

We will go to the draft like always, but first we need to trade in some immediate needs which we can do cheaply

From there, like always, draft best available. I'd say we will retain our 1st and 2nd unless there is a deal to good to pass up
agree…we have a good list…
can’t understand the hype on Cerra when we have similar types.

Last edited:

I don't think we have anyone like Cerra on our list
Pretty much a complete midfielder. Behind Walsh, but not without similarities. His disposal sets him apart, only potentially Stocker has the attributes to win the ball and distribute at that level. LOB offers the disposal skills, but his prime role is as a link. Williams has better disposal than many give him credit for. Durdin will bring the disposal standards up as well. Then we look to perhaps Cuners as a mid with quality skills. (Must acknowledge the disposal skills of Saad and Weiters from defence)

Better disposal than both those boys, can rest forward and has a wider frame, so will end up bigger than both
Big call on comparison, but yes, was Mundy’s successor theoretically and will be very similar for mine. Does have an excellent frame to grow in to. Going to be more “bull” than some expect.

Dow, Kenned are a couple
Some Dow similarities, but Dow has nowhere near the consistency or composure. Kennedy different, when time allows good disposal skills, but the job often call for just getting boot to ball, at least under our structures it does. Really hoping Crippa returns to extraction machine and our stoppage crew can create more space for improved distribution. Kennedy and presumably Hewett to provide link, defensive and blocking support with Walsh and Cerra providing the distribution. Ideally LOB steps up to be on the end of some of those chains.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some Dow similarities, but Dow has nowhere near the consistency or composure. Kennedy different, when time allows good disposal skills, but the job often call for just getting boot to ball, at least under our structures it does. Really hoping Crippa returns to extraction machine and our stoppage crew can create more space for improved distribution. Kennedy and presumably Hewett to provide link, defensive and blocking support with Walsh and Cerra providing the distribution. Ideally LOB steps up to be on the end of some of those chains.
Yup Adam & George will add considerable depth and support to oue engine room, now for Peter Ladhams hope Vossy is in his ear, we desperatly need a ruckman.

I only jump on here around this time of year and to be honest it's the same story every year. I honestly believe some posters are more worried about winning trade period instead of a premiership. We're here to win flags not trade periods. Yes it helps, but on occasions we need to pay overs to get what we need.

Most seem to have a good history of trades here, which teams in recent history have nailed trades and won flags and which haven't nailed trades and won flags......and go.

Every club both wins and loses trades. Few win flags.

Trading in the AFL is borderline impossible to judge anyway. You're talking about players whose form fluctuates week to week, season to season. Being traded for other players, or for picks who then translate into players. And because every draft is a new pool of players, the value of a draft pick changes year to year.

Further complicating it, some players are more valuable to certain clubs based on factors like list needs, or location/flight risk.

Sometimes you see a trade and go "Holy s**t that was terrible" or "Jeez that was a steal". Most of the time they're just thereabouts, and the relative success of the trade is tied into the success or failure of the team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back