Discussion Carlton possible new clash kit

Remove this Banner Ad

That post was made before I edited in the "Possible".
I'm confused...
guessing as a mod you edited it?
Sorry, I figured I'd posted that initially and it was a dumb comment from you
Cheers and sorry :)

I'm not at my PC at the moment but i'm thinking white, side panels, and an enlarged Carlton logo in navy taking up most of the front.
Like this?
scaled.php

Why did it take 2 years than? *Pulls hair out*

This is interesting - in this thread we have "than" instead of "then"... and in the Random Chat thread, which I just looked at, The Doctor used "then" instead of "than". Would I be right in saying you guys are busy watching pr0n in class rather than learning grammar?

This is interesting - in this thread we have "than" instead of "then"... and in the Random Chat thread, which I just looked at, The Doctor used "then" instead of "than". Would I be right in saying you guys are busy watching pr0n in class rather than learning grammar?
Lol no, I'm a picky one for spelling/grammar and completely missed that I'd done this
And yes I've re-read this post about five times now to make sure I've got it right this time :)

What's interesting to me is, apparently Essendon told Mero when and what they'll be wearing two years in advance.

Have any other clubs trusted you with that kind of information, Mero?

This is really proving what I thought
There aren't many options at all for a different Carlton clash, without going completely away from "Carlton-ness"
There's the white clash with navy side panels (or without)
There's the baby blue clash with navy side panels
There's variations thereof
And a few different ones such as the old shield one.
Interested to see what happens

My personal opinion on a teams having two jumpers is to have one dark and one light, but if it's too hard for Carlton to come up with a light alternative, could they get away with using Royal Blue instead of the Navy and wearing white shorts?
With the material jumpers are these days I'd imagine Royal Blue would give a contrast to the blacks they supposedly clash with.

My personal opinion on a teams having two jumpers is to have one dark and one light, but if it's too hard for Carlton to come up with a light alternative, could they get away with using Royal Blue instead of the Navy and wearing white shorts?
With the material jumpers are these days I'd imagine Royal Blue would give a contrast to the blacks they supposedly clash with.
Probably not. Crows wear clash vs Bulldogs and that's a Navy vs Royal clash.

My view: Black-Navy-Purple clash
Navy-Purple-Royal-Maroon clash (Maroon being similarly not 100% dark or light)
Yellow-Gold-Orange-Maroon clash

Yeah, something like this would be cool. I guess it might be a lame look if Carlton revert to an old clash design. This keeps the relatively popular white, adds a new design element, but also maintains Carlton's identity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did it take 2 years than? *Pulls hair out*
Jumpers need to be approved months before they are used, except in special circumstances. (honouring recently deceased players etc)
If a club wants to change their jumper, they need to give the AFL notice so they can change their branding information.
Back when West Coast first did it, it was twelve months. However Port did it in 2010 in the off-season.
Heritage jumpers were planned before the season started, but not designed until early in the respective seasons. Essendon were getting pics of jumpers in April for the Heritage jumper they used in August 2006.
Plus, Essendon members are, for the most part, dead against it, so they had to be won over.
As it turned out this jumper had to be approved some time back, and then manufactured.
And then it turns up in a link to a pic on the club website a week before it's used.
There was a fair degree of secrecy about this, as the process usually involves people at all sorts of levels approving things. And usually something comes out.

What's interesting to me is, apparently Essendon told Mero when and what they'll be wearing two years in advance.

Have any other clubs trusted you with that kind of information, Mero?
It's almost never clubs.
And for the most part, club officials are the last to know.
Designs like Essendon's clash jumper might be approved at Board level, and nothing is mention about it to anyone else.

However, the manufacturers and the retailers have people at all sorts of levels who send information on.
For instance, What's New, who own the AFL stores have access to the AFL Merchandise catalogues.
So do adidas.

.jpg you better not fail me again!
CarltonAwayBavaria.jpg

Instead of just having the 2009 clash jumper, why not have a watermark running through it? I used the Bavaria flag as a watermark pattern because it looks cool and Liverpool did the same thing last year (except with triangles) and they were smaller.

EDIT: So it wasn't my colours that were weird, it was .jpg...

.jpg you better not fail me again!
CarltonAwayBavaria.jpg

Instead of just having the 2009 clash jumper, why not have a watermark running through it? I used the Bavaria flag as a watermark pattern because it looks cool and Liverpool did the same thing last year (except with triangles) and they were smaller.

EDIT: So it wasn't my colours that were weird, it was .jpg...
Those diamonds the Bavarian flag or copied off that terrible Hawthorn jumper? :p

Carlton3Clash.png

Here's one I made not long ago. The aim is to keep as much blue as possible while still keeping it mostly white.

This is exactly what I've been saying for ages. It's a reverse of the original VFL guernsey with the white shoulder pads. Makes so much sense that you know it'll never happen.

Did this a week or so ago for another thread, but here's my version, which now seems like Essendon did it in their own way.
Carlton-Clash-Proposed.gif

I spotted Cain Acklands name and now I can't unsee it:(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back