List Mgmt. Carlton's 2018 Draft Thread (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw some more footage of Lukosius and wow this kid looks special. It presents a dilemma for CFC assuming we finish last. We need mids but seriously how can you pass up a KPP as good as Lukosius? I reckon we should demand a PP and then go...

1 Lukosius
19 Mid
24? Mid
34? Mid

Use later picks to get Ben.

It's a strong draft so those three mids could well be good prospects. Mids are a dime a dozen right!

Saw some more footage of Lukosius and wow this kid looks special. It presents a dilemma for CFC assuming we finish last. We need mids but seriously how can you pass up a KPP as good as Lukosius? I reckon we should demand a PP and then go...

1 Lukosius
19 Mid
24? Mid
34? Mid

It's a strong draft so those three mids could well be good prospects. Mids are a dime a dozen right!

Id want us to try and nab another top ten pick before anything, even then, Id still go mid and mid with them.

1 Lukosius
19 Mid
24? Mid
34? Mid

De ja vu?
Weitering comes to mind
We needs mids with speed
We have a slowish midfield
No wonder our spread is slow

The other thing about taking Lukosious is it means Charlie could go into a midfield role. So we get a mid anyhow. Cause and Affect.

Think Charlie should be in the midfield anyway, and Id still take more mids before a KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we'll finish last but if we do, the trade offers that come in for Lukoscious will be insane. I reckon SOS will happily sit back and wait to bring in a massive haul.

The only team that will challenge us for last position are the Lions and their form aganist the Pies was not too shabby, in fact good , at home they' ll smash us.
Can't see any other team we can knock off untill the Lions game Rd 13.
Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope we get , Murphy, Lang and Pickett up and running soon they'll make a huge impact.

A forward line of Luko, Charlie and Harry does get me excited.
Yeah, it seems good to me. Harry the big b******, Charlie and JL as super mobile CHF types roaming around.
The throw in Pickett and Garlett in the area and Cuningham as a HFF (seems to be his position I think) and that has a good feel about it.

Use 1 and 67 on JL and BS then 23 & 34 (or 19, 24 & 35) on mids and 74 is a smokey.

Unless of course SOS wants Rankine or Walsh or someone else. Or we trade 1 for a combination of picks. Or any other possible scenario...

A forward line of Luko, Charlie and Harry does get me excited.

The best part about the combination of Charlie and Luko is the fact they're very mobile forwards that are suited to modern day football. I have a feeling that Charlie has midfield ability long term.

Everyone stating that we need midfielders, you are not wrong. With our current list at the moment, Rome was not built in a day, so adding midfielders into our team is not going to change a heap in the short term. The only area of the ground which I think we would skip even if it presented some value would be tall defenders. I could see us also skipping rucks for a few years.

Playing the hypothetical game of Carlton finishing last.

Pick 1. Luko
Pick 2. Rozee, Joyce, Jones {insert sliding midfielder}
Pick 3. Just best midfield/small forward/small defender with speed and kicking skills.

A draft like that would certainly would help to fill a few holes in our team. My only concern would be having another smallish midfielder.
With the addition of Fisher, SPS, LOB.... We may need some inside grunt. The only problem is like tall forwards, often inside midfielders take a few years to develop into playing AFL.

You would have to hope the Luko/inside midfielder would be starting to hit some try AFL potential by 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back