2nds Casey Demons 2021 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Jay Lockhart play well with 27 disposals and also named in the best.

With Salem to come back in for Jetta, you'd think Lockhart will be next in line if Salem either doesn't get up or misses the odd hame or two. Jetta is finished.

A mate of mine who supports the Swans was at the game. Said Bowey was a class above with his ball use.

Christian Salem is already playing the Daniel role lol. How many bloody attacking half back flankers do we need.

Hunt will be gone soon enough for Bowey if he keeps it up.

I really like the look of Bowey but don't think he can come in for Hunt.

Hunt was abysmal on the weekend but with his pace, senior body and spoiling he can play on a range of players defensively and (ideally) use his pace to break lines where appropriate.

Bowey is more of a distributor off half back who although is tough for his size, is literally tiny on the field. Good attacks will just play through his man as he's nowhere near competing against bigger bodies and will get badly exposed.

I'd prefer to see Bowey off a wing or half forward in his first few years, where we can really utilise his slick skills and composure to hit up targets inside 50 - kind of like a more dynamic Spargo. He's amazingly clean in traffic and is a 1 touch player from what i've seen. Makes great decisions.

I think it's best for everyone if Bowey just keeps killing it at VFL level. He missed all of last year so I think it's good to just keep pumping those 2020 draftees with games in a strong Casey outfit.

Hunt's been playing his role well this year, or he did so until last week. Line breaking and keeping their forward press accountable.

No need to rush Bowey in. Wouldn't mind seeing both Salem and Lockhart in against the dangerous Dogs small forwards this week though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the look of Bowey but don't think he can come in for Hunt.

Hunt was abysmal on the weekend but with his pace, senior body and spoiling he can play on a range of players defensively and (ideally) use his pace to break lines where appropriate.

Bowey is more of a distributor off half back who although is tough for his size, is literally tiny on the field. Good attacks will just play through his man as he's nowhere near competing against bigger bodies and will get badly exposed.

I'd prefer to see Bowey off a wing or half forward in his first few years, where we can really utilise his slick skills and composure to hit up targets inside 50 - kind of like a more dynamic Spargo. He's amazingly clean in traffic and is a 1 touch player from what i've seen. Makes great decisions.

I think it's best for everyone if Bowey just keeps killing it at VFL level. He missed all of last year so I think it's good to just keep pumping those 2020 draftees with games in a strong Casey outfit.

Totally agree.

We have no need to rush him in whatsoever and would be happy for him the play the year at Casey.

Is is very very small for AFL level - particularly in the backline, so taking the time to learn his smarts and improve physical conditioning is fine by me.

Can't see Weid coming straight back in even if he kicks a bag, BBrown on the other hand might get a look in against the Giants if he can clunk a few marks and kick a few.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back