Podcast Cat Attack Podcast 2024 - Kingy and Benny are back in 24 for K ROCK Football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets keep this thread to questions for the boys rather than discussion posts please

GO Catters

Last edited:
Questions by 12:30 Thursday.

In defence of Conway. Was considered the best ruckman in his draft. Surprised he slid to pick 24. Showing good signs two games in, rucked v preuss and Flynn, 16 hit outs and 20 possessions is pretty handy in game 2. Absolutely no rush to get him into senior side however
Also a shoutout to the vfl program. Bugge all AFL listed guys and yet we continue to perform well.

Really concerned about our midfield v dogs this week. Dogs key defenders is their weakness so if we can get 35-40 inside 50s, we should be able to kick a score. But struggled v crows mids, who aren’t on same level as dogs.

Liked the debut of big Shannon ‘ take a knee’ Neale. In my opinion he has gone past esava and I like the idea of trialling esava in defence.
Speaking of defence, Sam de koening did some things last week that would have got the Richter scale up and about. Go cats

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gentlemen. I put it to you that our biggest risk going into this match is getting smashed at stoppage.

If so, would you be seeking to replicate any of the Tigers 2018/19 midfield work where above all else they sought to pressure the exit from stoppage, seeking only to reduce the precision and speed of entires so a Grimes type could intercept.

Do we have the capacity to chase and pressure their mids enough for SDK, Stewart, and dare I say even Zuth to intercept and catch them on the rebound?

Lads...

Great call on the weekend. Will thjs one be a KROCK hub style arrangement or will it be the KROCK Rex Gorrell Neeldy driven Suby chariot ripping up the highway?

Little bit of dissent in the Dons game from Parish on the weekend. Being an ex Falcon, and our MF void of 22-26 year old players... would he be a player the management team would be looking at or are his possessions a little to much like Cam Guthrie at times and accumulative but not damaging enough?

In the same vein of thought.... Bruhn or Hopper from GWS?

Im not accounting for their contract status or trade cost as you'll spend 37 minutes on this question alone and Kerr's Hire dont pay THAT much for naming rights.

Thoughts?

Go Catters

Mid-season break for us - recording 7:30 Tuesday night.

Fire your questions in, if you have any.

Have noticed over a number of years that the cats seems to be one of the worst teams in the comp at getting around their team mates after having just kicked a goal. Reckon there’s anything in this at all, or do you think it’s ever spoken about internally?

Have noticed over a number of years that the cats seems to be one of the worst teams in the comp at getting around their team mates after having just kicked a goal. Reckon there’s anything in this at all, or do you think it’s ever spoken about internally?
Been thinking about it actually. Would love to see their internal kpis but I don't think they're judged heavily on goals kicked and I think the playing group buys into that.

Boys
Last week you guys mentioned about Tanner Bruhn be a good get for Geelong, plus there been a few on the Cats board mentioned him to... Have you herd any talk that we are trying to lure him to Geelong?
What trade deal in return would get the job to get him?

Plus Tom Gillett, would he be a chance of making as a AFL player?

Last edited:
Gents...

Just back from NYC delivering the Minister of War and Finance her late Bday present.... Billy Joel at Madison Square Garden....just hits different seeing him there.

80th Consecutive show at the Garden and 126th there in total and still going strong.... highly recommend if thats your thing. Good 2.5 hrs of hits.

Given Finals seems to be the Cats thing of the last decade, and not wanting to get too far ahead of ourselves.... what wins do we think we 'll need to make Top 4.. is it obtainable?

After last years PF loss, is making Top 4 considered a win if it happens or does the ledger need to pushed further than a SF berth to make it a successful season given most are saying we cant win it this year.

The run home...

8-4 now

( my guess 14 - 8) not Top 4 ?

WC @ Optus - WIN
Rich @ MCG - LOSS
North @ KP WIN
Melb @ KP LOSS
Carl @ MCG WIN
PA @ AO LOSS
WB @ KP WIN
ST Kilda @ KP WIN
Suns @ Metricon LOSS
WC @ KP WIN

IF we go 15-7 does that get us in?

Of course we need to get over the Bye who doo and will Chris Scott get his Sandwich opportunity this week if WC are as bad as advertised?

GO Catters

ps - is there a Sam Simpson update if you haven't covered it already?
Thx

Last edited:
Friends. Cooper Stephens. On paper he had a 9 disposal outing against the dogs. Reviewing his footage on the afl app though every time he was involved he made things happen. Playing only 50% game time to me sounds concerning

Is there a fitness concern? Is he carrying an injury? Is he just new to footy and working things out.

Mid-season break for us - recording 7:30 Tuesday night.

Fire your questions in, if you have any.

If doing a mid season review, you’d be very happy with the improvement in Zac Guthrie and Tom atkins. You’d also be over the moon with the impact SDK and Tyson stengle have had.

If I was critical of things, I’d say tom Hawkins needs to start taking more shots
Also have concerns with Dangerfield. Played like the patty of old in round 1, but there’s a gap growing now between his best and not so best.
Hopefully the benefits of his mid season rest will be a fully fit and firing danger, and a midfield that has other options whilst he was out.

Kingy- any updates on James Willis? Feel like he’s the forgotten man from last years draft. Correct me if I’m wrong but he hasn’t played a vfl game yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do one of Kolodjashnij, O’Connor or z Guthrie need to be omitted for Jack Henry? and if so, who?

Ill be on the mega sized tin missile when you do this one... so getting in early.

How much credit and or impact on the club do we need to give Hocking at this point for the changes and tweaks that the club have made thus far?

Given he was away from the club and came back in as a "fresh face" is it possible that he could be overseeing a "Balme" type shift in the way things are done that betters the club going forward?

While they are in different roles and different times, Balme came in and shifted the loads around and thus some philosophies changed too.

Hocking has come in and done overseen the same. Different coaches, different roles and thus a different game plan (but not to the nuts and bolts level)

A long, long protracted re-signing of the coach (8 months) that perhaps had some directives to CS that changes needed to be made or the current deal now in existence may not have been maintained (I have zero inside word of that by the way.. just a musing for thought)

However we got here, i dont think too many had us 9-4, in the Top 4 so the credit needs to go somewhere and I reckon he has some finger prints on it.

GO Catters

Hi all,

Late notice - but recording at 12:30pm

4 wins in a row, and players returning from injury, things going in the right direction. Watched vfl and happily bring Holmes back in. 20 possessions and 10 tackles, plus his pace is an asset v tigers. I think jack henry could use another vfl game. His kicking was about as good as Oscar Pistorius. Give him another week to find that touch. Tom Hawkins is a great great man And I’m still working on naming my yet conceived son after him. Thought Cooper Stephen’s played his best game, it was a physical contest and he didn’t take a backwards step.
With Holmes, danger and Rohan likely, miers would be Bruce nankervis, kolo too but I think he can be the man to take Riewoldt to the cleaners.

Hi all,

Late notice - but recording at 12:30pm Wednesday.
Watching the west coast game it seems we are sticking with keeping an outnumber on the outside on the assumption our mids can either beat an outnumber or pressure the contest enough to force a turnover elsewhere.

Kind of like we watched Petracca walk through contests last year and thought "well we ain't stopping that, what else can we do?"

Do you see this standing up against the sides that are beasts at the contest with slightly lesser wings/forwards (melb/freo)?

Hi all,

Late notice - but recording at 12:30pm Wednesday.
Defensive lapses in games: are we noticeably better at arresting momentum than earlier in the year?

In that ten minute lapse against wce we saw bews run the wrong way for a goal against, someone left their man with SDK in a 2 on one where he was blocked out for a Kennedy goal, multiple frees against, some there, some not, some ill discipline.

Feels like the only issue we've not really addressed.

Last edited:
Hi guys, given our backline is fairly stable and performing well what to you think of Henry playing as a midfielder or even rotating forward as a third tall given he is a good pack mark which we are lacking

Hi guys, given our backline is fairly stable and performing well what to you think of Henry playing as a midfielder or even rotating forward as a third tall given he is a good pack mark which we are lacking
Thought I might re post this from last week. What do you think of my suggestion this week.
And yes Sarah. 13 is a reference to Paul Sarah a great little player from the 70’s

Remove this Banner Ad

Back