News Cats fan lodges complaint with AFL because of ‘terrible’ Richmond supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

TheCuzEffect

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man United - Minnesota Timberwolves
"A GEELONG fan who felt “unsafe” at the MCG on Friday night has lodged an official complaint with the AFL.
Anne* and her daughter left the MCG before half time, with the Richmond faithful creating a “mob atmosphere” that left her fearing for her welfare as a Cats supporter.

“I go to the football with my daughter quite a lot and we’re quite fair,” Anne told 3AW.

“We go and watch the game and support good play. We arrived and the atmosphere was just terrible. As people know, there were very few Geelong supporters there, which wasn’t a problem.

“But from the moment we arrived — and I’m not immune to swearing, you hear it all the time — but the language was terrible. The sportsmanship, the booing, just the atmosphere — the mob atmosphere — it was just terrible."

Clearly never been to Adelaide haha

"A GEELONG fan who felt “unsafe” at the MCG on Friday night has lodged an official complaint with the AFL.
Anne* and her daughter left the MCG before half time, with the Richmond faithful creating a “mob atmosphere” that left her fearing for her welfare as a Cats supporter.

“I go to the football with my daughter quite a lot and we’re quite fair,” Anne told 3AW.

“We go and watch the game and support good play. We arrived and the atmosphere was just terrible. As people know, there were very few Geelong supporters there, which wasn’t a problem.

“But from the moment we arrived — and I’m not immune to swearing, you hear it all the time — but the language was terrible. The sportsmanship, the booing, just the atmosphere — the mob atmosphere — it was just terrible."

Clearly never been to Adelaide haha
QbJ5_f-maxage-0.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the Dogs/Giants game round 22 or 23 whenever it was and a dogs supporter told a 70 year old woman to jump off the edge if she didn't like his behaviour.. in front of children and everything..

wheres the complaint for that? yet booing/swearing isn't allowed?

Cats thought they would just waltz into the G and beat us easily lol .
100%. The arrogance of their supporters on Friday night during the first 3 quarters like they'd just roll over us at some point was astonishing and gave me quite the headache.

Then the tears when we dished it back is quite amazing. :D

Didn't Trout get spat on at Kardinia Park? Their mob start a fight which our restricted supporter base there also?

#glasshouses

Be interesting to know where she sat,every team has idiots.I suppose she got the publicity she was looking for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back