Prediction Changes and Pre Match Discussion vs Western Bulldogs R15 @Optus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Martin gets up the for the Dogs we may go Williams, but don't imagine we'll go a second ruck if it's just Tim English.

There's mixed reports on whether Martin is even in Perth. They bought a squad over and apparently he wasn't part of it, yet Fox Footy is saying he will be recalled for the game. I doubt he can come in last minute outside of the bubble.

There's mixed reports on whether Martin is even in Perth. They bought a squad over and apparently he wasn't part of it, yet Fox Footy is saying he will be recalled for the game. I doubt he can come in last minute outside of the bubble.
Yeah had a peep at the Dogs board and they didn't seem to really know either. Talk tends to assume that restrictions will be relaxed and he'll get through, but that's assuming a lot.

Yeah had a peep at the Dogs board and they didn't seem to really know either. Talk tends to assume that restrictions will be relaxed and he'll get through, but that's assuming a lot.

Probably not a huge deal anyway. If he plays anything like he did in Round 2 against Nic, he won't be a factor.

75% TOG for 10 touches, 1 mark, no tackles, no clearances, 12 hit outs and 3 FA.

Probably not a huge deal anyway. If he plays anything like he did in Round 2 against Nic, he won't be a factor.

75% TOG for 10 touches, 1 mark, no tackles, no clearances, 12 hit outs and 3 FA.
The bloke must be the luckiest ruck around. Has played for years and been really average at his main job (winning hit outs to advantage). Used to get a lot of ball around the ground, but that's because he's the height of a tall midfielder.

Maybe we should just sack McGovern altogether? Clearly he's no good now and is just holding Harry back.

Sorry Turbo, your credits are no good here.

You're going to the opposite extreme. No one is saying he's finished, just that his 'credits' have been used up in the last 2 years and so let's make him earn his $1m per year with maybe a stint in the ruck.

You're going to the opposite extreme. No one is saying he's finished, just that his 'credits' have been used up in the last 2 years and so let's make him earn his $1m per year with maybe a stint in the ruck.

yeah nah he's s**t, turf him.

New and shiny, new and shiny!

250 games for the club for JK this weekend. Don't bottle the milestone game you campaigners!

He's a sniff for 300 AFL games next year, which is quite incredible as I don't think he's been part of the convo. Hurn, Gaff, JD are the names thrown about most often.

Possibly - currently at 271, assuming he gets to 279 by the end of the regular season (i.e. one more rest). It probably depends on how many finals we play this year (and, if we were to win it, whether the desire is there to go around again). 3 finals - you'd think he has an 18 game season in him for 2022. 1 final, 20 games might be a bit far for 2022.

It will be close (assuming he plays on).

Edit: also did not realise he played 22 games for Calrton - I thought he hadn't cracked double figures!

Possibly - currently at 271, assuming he gets to 279 by the end of the regular season (i.e. one more rest). It probably depends on how many finals we play this year (and, if we were to win it, whether the desire is there to go around again). 3 finals - you'd think he has an 18 game season in him for 2022. 1 final, 20 games might be a bit far for 2022.

It will be close (assuming he plays on).

Edit: also did not realise he played 22 games for Calrton - I thought he hadn't cracked double figures!

I chalked him up for all 9 games to finish H&A. He's had two rests including the bye, plus bye round into finals coming up. Even with two finals he'd only need 18 games in 2022. 15 H&A, save him for the big games, top 4, win the whole thing, exit on 300 🙏 straight into Forwards coach.

We can’t keep playing Allen in the ruck, the risk of injury is too great and he’s too important.

Let’s use our million dollar All-Australian CHB who’s coming off knee and ankle injuries instead.

He's not on 1mill per season to play ruck, because he's not that good at rucking. So he's hardly going to earn it there.

He's going to earn it with some continuity in his preferred position and a bit of luck with injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good article today https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/d1ba67ab43d20013b033283d2df98d33

Shows Gov is the third best one on one defender in the comp in the last decade. He may be a bit out of form but we still need him.

Last week I was going on about how leaky our defence has been, scores per inside 50 we've been shocking lately. And when you look at one on one numbers...

View attachment 1161141

Yeah I'd like Gov back

Nah he's fat and only likes to go third man up, trade him to Geelong for a second rounder.

We can’t keep playing Allen in the ruck, the risk of injury is too great and he’s too important.

Let’s use our million dollar All-Australian CHB who’s coming off knee and ankle injuries instead.

Forget ruck, we can't keep playing Allen anywhere as the risk of injury is too great and he's too important.

Good article today https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...s/news-story/d1ba67ab43d20013b033283d2df98d33

Shows Gov is the third best one on one defender in the comp in the last decade. He may be a bit out of form but we still need him.

Last week I was going on about how leaky our defence has been, scores per inside 50 we've been shocking lately. And when you look at one on one numbers...

Yeah I'd like Gov back
That article is a bit funky, it has the positive wins against losses, but doesn't account for totals.

Gov actually has the best win rate, and the second best loss rate.
% Won% Lost
Alex Rance (Richmond): 738 contests, 258 wins, 159 losses (+99 differential)
34.95935​
21.54472​
Daniel Talia (Adelaide Crows): 827 contests, 266 wins, 171 losses (+95)
32.16445​
20.67715​
Heath Grundy (Sydney Swans): 599 contests, 224 wins, 135 losses (+89)
37.39566​
22.53756​
Jeremy McGovern (West Coast Eagles): 443 contests, 177 wins, 88 losses (+89)
39.95485​
19.86456​
Harry Taylor (Geelong Cats): 434 contests, 156 wins, 71 losses (+85)
35.9447​
16.35945​

We need Gov at his best to win a flag. No one else like him in the league, not one other key back who can take control of a big game like him.
He literally started the chain, with a read of the play that not many defenders are capable of making then executing that won a grandfinal

Its too easy to see these champions available and want to shoe horn them straight back into a best 22. The reality is far more nuanced. What we should be driving at is maintaining sustained high performance making use of as much of the squad as possible to protect our assets ahead of a finals peak. Making six changes to a team coming off the seasons best performance to accommodate players returning off long term injuries is not how you do that.

Its too easy to see these champions available and want to shoe horn them straight back into a best 22. The reality is far more nuanced. What we should be driving at is maintaining sustained high performance making use of as much of the squad as possible to protect our assets ahead of a finals peak. Making six changes to a team coming off a season high performance to accommodate players returning off long term injuries is not how you do that.
Dont win on the other hand and there will be no finals

Its too easy to see these champions available and want to shoe horn them straight back into a best 22. The reality is far more nuanced. What we should be driving at is maintaining sustained high performance making use of as much of the squad as possible to protect our assets ahead of a finals peak. Making six changes to a team coming off the seasons best performance to accommodate players returning off long term injuries is not how you do that.
If there's any doubt, sure, hold them back a week, but if they get the all clear, and only Shuey, and maybe Kelly are on minute limits, then go for it. Best team on the park. The returning players are the cream of our team.

Im thinking of running a poll on how many times Libber throws the ball ! Surely the Umps must be on to him by now??
It's not just Libba either.

I watched the Dogs/Cats game and was absolutely astonished at how often WB players two handed threw the ball out, managed to 'dispose' of the ball with an arm pinned or just plain out shovelled the ball two open handed.
If the umpires had been interpreting the rules even closely to how they are written they'd give away 4 or 5 free a quarter for throwing.

If I'd disposed of the ball like that in the U15's I'd have been done a dozen times a game.

It's become a joke. Sort of like you have a laugh and say 'they got away with another one there'. It's either that or throw heavy objects at the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back