Preview Changes and Preview Round 3 Power v Demons Saturday 7pm at AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
More so, it's when Hinkley gets in his head that something is a good idea he'll refuse to go away from that idea. Be it election or game plan. No doubt when he's called out by an assist on something isn't working he'd be even more desperate to prove he's right rather than accept he's not.
Koch has the same mindset - despite evidence to the contrary, he'd rather stick with stability, than make a tough call.

The crying about McEntee is reaching comical levels. Did any of you notice how easily Richmond rebounded from our F50 and turned into scores over the weekend? Now imagine what Melb will do to us. This inclusion is absolutely necessary to help curb this. It's not about who gets more touches. Internalise this.

100%

I'm sure Schulzy will probably pull out Champion Data's pressure act stat to 'prove' that Jed isn't good at this either, despite said stat being a totally arbitrary measure that he probably can't even define and would regardless be very unlikely to be an accurate measure of the type of pressure the coaches are asking Jed to put on.

And Sam Gray.

Then Sydney gave him a two year deal because 'this guy has been a lock in Port's best 22 for years and they just randomly delisted him, what a bargain!' Only took them about a month to figure him out, and he played out the next two seasons in the state league without ever playing an AFL game again.
Schulzy im not sure SAM GRAY hate is doing much for your skin deep argument against Mcentee considering he had SPP and Rioli covered statistically.

Even in his last year for us he averaged 17.5 touches, 1 goal, 1 behind, and 3.5 tackles a game

Gee its almost like the stats do not matter :stkilda:

The crying about McEntee is reaching comical levels. Did any of you notice how easily Richmond rebounded from our F50 and turned into scores over the weekend? Now imagine what Melb will do to us. This inclusion is absolutely necessary to help curb this. It's not about who gets more touches. Internalise this.
Lol, yeah, that's what it was. Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

100%

I'm sure Schulzy will probably pull out Champion Data's pressure act stat to 'prove' that Jed isn't good at this either, despite said stat being a totally arbitrary measure that he probably can't even define and would regardless be very unlikely to be an accurate measure of the type of pressure the coaches are asking Jed to put on.
I'm sure his 'plays his role' stats are off the charts my guy. The same role set by mastercoach Ken Hinkley which has led us to mountains of success.

I was like Mac & Cheese but I had implied brilliance unfortunately after kicking 15 goals in a season from full forward I was implied getting a game.

Melbourne defenders will be quaking in their boots.

Lol, yeah, that's what it was. Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock.

I'm sure his 'plays his role' stats are off the charts my guy. The same role set by mastercoach Ken Hinkley which has led us to mountains of success.
What would you do the curb the rebounds that have sliced the team open in last 2 weeks? You're clearly against playing a guy who is one of our strongest tacklers and has genuine leg speed to pressure the oppo forwards.

What's the plan? Play literally our slowest player in Dyl Williams in the F50? I'm all ears.

What would you do the curb the rebounds that have sliced the team open in last 2 weeks? You're clearly against playing a guy who is one of our strongest tacklers and has genuine leg speed to pressure the oppo forwards.

What's the plan? Play literally our slowest player in Dyl Williams in the F50? I'm all ears.
Our game style is the reason we get pumped in the ass on transition. The whole team presses which leaves us exposed on the counter. It's a live by the sword die by the sword mentality, the game plan doesn't revolve around Jed mcentee's 1 tackle a game making the difference.

It's typical Hinkley dogshit with his defensive minded mentality that he can't let go of. I want small forwards to kick goals not solely rely on defensive pressure acts.

Schulzy im not sure SAM GRAY hate is doing much for your skin deep argument against Mcentee considering he had SPP and Rioli covered statistically.

Even in his last year for us he averaged 17.5 touches, 1 goal, 1 behind, and 3.5 tackles a game

Gee its almost like the stats do not matter :stkilda:
If there was ever a player played out of position, it was Sam Gray. Admittedly relying on memory, I am sure there were two or three games where he played in the middle for us, excelled and got 3 Brownlow votes in each game. Then back to the HFF and into oblivion. Hinks does not believe in using a players strengths, I am sure.

What would you do the curb the rebounds that have sliced the team open in last 2 weeks?

... in the last 2 weeks you say?

So including the first week? When McEntee played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton wasn’t even that bad lol. Wasn’t his best game, but he was fine. His overlap run out of defence is huge for us. He just had a couple of horrendous defensive moments that are sticking in your mind TeeKray.

Our whole game plan is built around Burton, Houston and Farrell overlapping past the inside kick and mark and getting the handball receive. We do it better than any other team in the comp currently. I wouldn’t be dropping him yet.

I guess if you say something long enough it eventually becomes true

Our game style is the reason we get pumped in the ass on transition. The whole team presses which leaves us exposed on the counter. It's a live by the sword die by the sword mentality, the game plan doesn't revolve around Jed mcentee's 1 tackle a game making the difference.

It's typical Hinkley dogshit with his defensive minded mentality that he can't let go of. I want small forwards to kick goals not solely rely on defensive pressure acts.
So you agree that having a defensive forward is crucial for our current game plan? Who would you play instead of Jed that satisfies this requirement? Williams, Evans? Not sure either fit the mold.

... in the last 2 weeks you say?

So including the first week? When McEntee played?
SPP a huge loss in this department also. McEntee isn't the cure, but I can see why he is selected given that he offers more than others in this space. I'm not even a big McEntee fan, I just get sick of reading 90% negativity without any acknowledgement of what he might actually offer the side. His preseason form was very strong, hopefully he can recapture it.

When was Jed's breakout game?

His round 1 game where he got 1 possession was better than Burton's embarrassment of a performance last week which cost us many goals and was one of the worst performances from a Port defender I have ever seen.

I laugh so much when i see aliir aliir taking kick outs (which happens quite often), when there are literally guys such as houston/farell/burton who are top 5 kicks in the team.

I always knew I was the voice of reason in the Jed debate.

Anyway, I am keen to see:

how Soldo goes against Gawn especially around the ground
how we will deal with the small brigade of Sparrow, Pickett and Fritsch.
whether we have gone in with too many tall defenders
if our forwards can break apart their defence in general with Steven May
how the midfields will crack on together

It should be a really good, possibly high scoring game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back