Preview Changes for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, pleeeez! One rule we should all have is, NEVER never put any store in the "Best Player" selections! This is the list from the AFL game day report:
BEST:
Port Adelaide: Rockliff, Boak, Watts, Duursma, Bonner, Lycett

The idiot rated Duursma above Butters, Westhoff, and Powell-Pepper! He was ok and had some good moments, but in the top 6??? I am convinced they watch 5 minutes of the game on Foxtell, then check the Supercoach high scres at the end to choose their best players!

Was in the PAFC best aswell

You’re not going to fix Duursma by playing him in the SANFL. It’s not his decision making that is poor, it’s the fact that at AFL level there’s not as much time. Most of his ****ups come from when he thinks he has more space to execute his kicks. But we need his speed against Melbourne.

I forgot we played 23 yesterday...so it's Lienert out, no one in.

Hartlett and Broadbent will get into the side as soon as Burton/Bonner/Houston have a poor game. Mayes will get in as soon as Motlop has a poor game. Howard will get in as soon as Clurey or Jonas have a poor game.

Then you've got Wines and Dixon to come back in. They'll both come back through the SANFL to make sure they hit the ground running.

This is what a premiership calibre list looks like - when there are players who could legitimately have a claim to being selected in the 22 based on their own merit rather than the fact that a player fails to fire and we need a replacement.
You really think Jonas (AKA half our captain) will get dropped? You’re kidding yourself

I think it'll be the same team as today except with Lienert dropping out injured to turn 23 into 22.
i think that's it, this doesn't have to be hard. The selection for JLT2 showed what the club is thinking, and Lienert's injury makes the decision on trimming the list a non-event.

I’d like to see Sam Gray or Mayes in the side ahead of Ebert but I’m not sure it’ll happen.

Broadbent and Hartlett should both come in, but Hamish in particular is a near certainty IMO.

OUT: Lienert, Ebert
IN: Hartlett

Ebert's worst >>> Sam Gray's best.

Match-ups may dictate that Dougs plays, otherwise there maybe no changes. They may think Watts can float back.
Hammer isn't match fit and I'm not convinced Broady is either.
Ryder will play.
I reckon unchanged with Lienert out injured.

The decision to play or not will probably come down to Ryder himself, and I can't see him holding himself back for a week. He'll wear a protective mask if he has to.

Yeah, good luck trying to stop Paddy from getting on the park.

Paddy will play.

OUT: Lienert, Durrsma
IN: Broadbent / Mayes

Debuting 3 kids in one game against a team like Melb is stupidity at its highest. There is no way we can do that and expect to win. Even 2 is a bit much.

You really think Jonas (AKA half our captain) will get dropped? You’re kidding yourself

Being a co-captain shouldn't save you from being dropped if you have a poor game. The reason why he won't be is because Jonas (and Wines) don't have poor games really.

He could, however, get suspended or injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a co-captain shouldn't save you from being dropped if you have a poor game. The reason why he won't be is because Jonas (and Wines) don't have poor games really.

He could, however, get suspended or injured.

Shouldn’t, but it will. Out of curiosity when’s the last time an AFL Captain was dropped ?

You’re right, not often those two have games bad enough to get dropped.

Paddy will play.

OUT: Lienert, Durrsma
IN: Broadbent / Mayes

Debuting 3 kids in one game against a team like Melb is stupidity at its highest. There is no way we can do that and expect to win. Even 2 is a bit much.
Well in 2017 we did debut SPP, Houston and Eddy and we beat Sydney.

I don’t think there’s anything stupid about playing 3 18 year old debutants. Hope it happens.
Spot on has to be done will be great experience for all 3 to debut together. And still dont think co captains should of happened had to be ollie still finding it hard to accept.

You’re not going to fix Duursma by playing him in the SANFL. It’s not his decision making that is poor, it’s the fact that at AFL level there’s not as much time. Most of his ****ups come from when he thinks he has more space to execute his kicks. But we need his speed against Melbourne.

I forgot we played 23 yesterday...so it's Lienert out, no one in.

Hartlett and Broadbent will get into the side as soon as Burton/Bonner/Houston have a poor game. Mayes will get in as soon as Motlop has a poor game. Howard will get in as soon as Clurey or Jonas have a poor game.

Then you've got Wines and Dixon to come back in. They'll both come back through the SANFL to make sure they hit the ground running.

This is what a premiership calibre list looks like - when there are players who could legitimately have a claim to being selected in the 22 based on their own merit rather than the fact that a player fails to fire and we need a replacement.
Dixon isn't even worth thinking about coming in anytime soon. Listening to him at the post game function he is a while away from full training let alone playing again.

He went into great detail about his injury so I'm not expecting to see him until round 4 at the earliest, I'm expecting rounds 6-8 for when he will be back. Of course I hope I'm wrong about that one.

Dixon isn't even worth thinking about coming in anytime soon. Listening to him at the post game function he is a while away from full training let alone playing again.

He went into great detail about his injury so I'm not expecting to see him until round 4 at the earliest, I'm expecting rounds 6-8 for when he will be back. Of course I hope I'm wrong about that one.

That’s perfectly fine. That’s when we need him - the games against Collingwood and Adelaide.

Surely Watts doesn’t get a Rd 1 spot, right?

(edit: maybe it’s just me that has no confidence in him - his decision-making skill still worries and angers me)

So much wrong in one post.

Not only is Watts a lock for round 1 but if you were going to question him skills and decision making would be the 2 last spots to start.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back