bren_gc

Senior List
Sep 12, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Seriously though. Everyone always posts a similar topic straight after the game, so, here's everyone final thughts on changes to the list...

Delist:
Fanning
Hall
Walker
Caracella [retired]
Morrison [retired]
Wakelin [probably time to retire]
Iacobucci just hanging on?

Shop around for trade or possibly delist:
Jason Cloke
Tarkyn Lockyer
Ryan Lonie
Guy Richards
Julian Rowe
Chris Tarrant

Players you want:

Akermanis
Meeson/Brooks/Bryan type ruckamn from another club!
anyone with skill

Rookies promoted:
haven't seen too much of them, but...
Harry O'Brien should be promoted, and leave the otherson.

Rookies dropped:
Haven't seen enough of them. Seem to have played well, but haven't heard too many good things about Cox. Do you have to have rookies for 2 years?

Players you would like from the draft:
Albert Proud
Luenberger
Riewoldt
Selwood
If any of the above drop that far....
Haven't seen enough of the lesser types to guess second and later picks...

Everyone names players that arent in our senior list for delisting, yet its our SENIOR list that needs to be revamped for us to perform at a higher standard.

Delist:
Fanning
Hall
Walker
Caracella [retired]
Morrison [retired]
Wakelin [probably time to retire]

Jason Cloke
Tarkyn Lockyer
Ryan Lonie
Guy Richards
Julian Rowe
Chris Tarrant

*Agreed with all of these, so left them the same

Players you want:

John Meesen
A fast, hard-bodied midfielder

Rookies promoted:
Harry O'Brien
Alan Toovey

Rookies dropped:
None

Players from the draft:

As a rough guide:

#10 - Proud/Riewoldt/Hislop
#28 - A Brown twin/Armitage/Hurley
#44 - A project tall - Ruck/Forward

Bit of a wishlist:

Chris Bryan*. Would complement Fraser because he is the physical crash and bash ruckman. Could also go forward (this is where he plays most of the time at VFL level).

James Kelly*. Out of favour at Geelong but I think he is good overall and not spectacular at any part of the game. Pace is reasonable, skills reasonable, plenty of ticker?

Pick 10. One of (in this order) Selwood, Proud, Louenberger

Would love to, through trades get 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

*Do not give away more than a 2nd rounder. Ideally we would get them for Lonie, Rowe, Jason Cloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need to sort out the midfield

exposed by the dogs, (who have one of the best running teams going around), but this needs to turn into a strength if we are to keep the improvement coming.

H.Shaw, Didak, Thomas and perhaps Egan to be the inclusions to the midfield next year. They have good skills, can run......they just need to work on their motor now.

Hopefully Davis returns with the same form he showed this year up forward.

Id give Pendles the role in which Heater played this year, ie creating off HB to groom him.

O'Bree needs help in the clearances big time

Desperately need to have a help out ruck that can impose themselves on a game, Richards is still a light weight, need a tough bloke like Minson (C.Cloke a chance or need to get in a bloke from another club).

goalpie said:
Meeson is a hack.
I see you've earned yourself a temporary suspension, should have been for that ridiculous comment. Seriously, how many times have you see him play? And no, just because he hasn’t played AFL yet does not mean he is a ‘hack’. He will be one heck of a player; he is only 20 and leads Norwood’s ruck division the entire season, while having a very good season. He averaged close to 15 possessions and 13 hitouts per game, and was improving with every outing. He has re-signed and is a big chance to crack our side from the beginning of next season; either as a ruckman or a key forward.

Oh and try spelling his name correctly. :)

Delist:
Hall
Fanning
Walker
Caracella (retired)
Morrison (retired)
Wakelin (retired)

Julian Rowe
Ryan Lonie
Jason Cloke (already off to Richmond)
Tarkyn Lockyer
Guy Richards

Players you want:
Spida Everitt

Rookies promoted:
Harry O'Brien
Daniel Nicholls (we need quick midfielders, hardness with sublime skills, he acquires those attributes)

Rookies dropped:
None

Delist

Hall
Walker
Rowe
Caracella
Morrison
Wakelin

Consider delisting (depending if Richards gets traded and if we recruit a ready made ruck)

Fanning
C Cloke
Burns

Trade - just get rid of him.
Lonie

Shop around, but probably keep
Richards
J Cloke (id prefer to keep him but if MM wont select him he may as well go)
Iaccabucci
O'Bree
Tarrant (only for a premium trade)
Leon Davis

Promote
O'Brien
Nicholls

Dazman said:
Bit of a wishlist:

Chris Bryan*
Why? He couldn't even get a game for the Northern Bullants on saturday and had to play in their reserves.
James Kelly*.
Again why? I don't know where you got the opinion Kelly has 'reasonable' pace, he's as slow as a wet week.Its why he can't get a game at Geelong.Has great skills, but in footy these days you gotta have the pace too.No good having midfielders who ruckman are faster than.Collingwoods midfield is like that now.Kelly would only be adding to that.
Pick 10. One of (in this order) Selwood, Proud, Louenberger
I think there is a fair chance that Louenberger and Riewoldt will be gone by then.Also, can't see why Tarrant would be up for trade.Had 17 possies and kicked 3 yesterday.Could've kicked 7.Wasn't his fault Collingwood lost.

mark73 said:
Also, can't see why Tarrant would be up for trade.Had 17 possies and kicked 3 yesterday.Could've kicked 7.Wasn't his fault Collingwood lost.

Kicked two in junk time and missed four when it mattered. Although he was ok yetserday, he's there to kick goals, and he lets us down time and time again, in big games. If we could get two first round picks for him or equivalent I'd jump at it.

Delist
Burns (good player but getting to old and slow)
Rocca ( If no one will take him )i know everyone will disagree but really what has he done for us. He only played good against lowly placed side like the roos, hawks and power.
Caracella (retired)
morrison (retired)
wakelin (retired)
Walker

some others i would consider trading. We really need a ruckman. Fraser would be an outstanding second ruckman which can play most of the game up forward.

I think we should keep tarrant for at least another year but really work on his goal kicking over pre season. He gets a lot of the ball and would be a really good player if he could kick straight.

Timmy from Thomastown said:
Kicked two in junk time and missed four when it mattered. Although he was ok yetserday, he's there to kick goals, and he lets us down time and time again, in big games. If we could get two first round picks for him or equivalent I'd jump at it.I

you've got to be kidding? if you managed to get even one first round pick for him, you'd have pulled off one of the best trades of the last ten years.

no one else rates him either, Collingwood supporters aren't the only ones.

PAFCsince1870 said:
you've got to be kidding? if you managed to get even one first round pick for him, you'd have pulled off one of the best trades of the last ten years.

no one else rates him either, Collingwood supporters aren't the only ones.

If Josh Carr is worth three picks and Ted Richards is worth pick 20, and Fergus Watts worth 17, and Ricard Cole worth pic 23, Tarrant is worth two top twenty picks. Its not unrealistic.

Timmy from Thomastown said:
If Josh Carr is worth three picks and Ted Richards is worth pick 20, and Fergus Watts worth 17, and Ricard Cole worth pic 23, Tarrant is worth two top twenty picks. Its not unrealistic.
I am not totally disagreeing with you that that would be around the mark, but I do think its unrealistic for that to be what Collingwood receive.Especially with the hype around this years draft being the best since the Riewoldt Koschitzke Pavlich one.Clubs are not going to release their first up picks.

Drummond said:
I see you've earned yourself a temporary suspension, should have been for that ridiculous comment. Seriously, how many times have you see him play? And no, just because he hasn’t played AFL yet does not mean he is a ‘hack’. He will be one heck of a player; he is only 20 and leads Norwood’s ruck division the entire season, while having a very good season. He averaged close to 15 possessions and 13 hitouts per game, and was improving with every outing. He has re-signed and is a big chance to crack our side from the beginning of next season; either as a ruckman or a key forward.

Oh and try spelling his name correctly. :)

Still behind Hudson, Clarke (retiring) Maric and Biglands

mark73 said:
Why? He couldn't even get a game for the Northern Bullants on saturday and had to play in their reserves.
Hes a very good VFL player and just as the season was coming to an end was playing some consistent footy with Carlton. He is cheap and alot better than the alternatives we have in Fanning, Cam Cloke and Richards. Bryan can also go forward with moderate success.
Again why? I don't know where you got the opinion Kelly has 'reasonable' pace, he's as slow as a wet week.Its why he can't get a game at Geelong.Has great skills, but in footy these days you gotta have the pace too.No good having midfielders who ruckman are faster than.Collingwoods midfield is like that now.Kelly would only be adding to that.
There is no doubt in my mind that James Kelly is a good player. He was a first round pick a couple of years ago and has played some good seasons and exceptional games. The best part about James Kelly is how cheap he will be. He is out of favour at Geelong, is on the wrong side of the coach and from all reports thinks he is too good for the team. Nothing wrong with his body so a change of scenery, a big pre season and maybe a shrink will fix him right up.
From what I have seen of him pace was not a problem, nor was it a strength, but I don't know where the hell you got slow as a wet weak from but it doesn't apply here.
I think there is a fair chance that Louenberger and Riewoldt will be gone by then.
I didn't say anything about Riewoldt. I am fairly confident that one of Proud or Louenberger will be available. If not add Hurley to that list.
Also, can't see why Tarrant would be up for trade.Had 17 possies and kicked 3 yesterday.Could've kicked 7.Wasn't his fault Collingwood lost.
Tarrant wasn't terrible yesterday but he wasn't good either. Imagine if he could kick straight. I would only get rid of him if the deal was really good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back