Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm putting Boak on Daicos

Got the smarts to go with him anywhere
And has the legs
Also good enough to beat him in the contest

From memory we stuffed Frampton around.

Should of played him throughout 2018 to get experience into him, and then decide to select him in the last game of the year against Essendon in a dead rubber.

Select him to play against the Hawks in Tassie in 2019 and he had an absolute mare and was then dropped.

IN: Burgoyne

OUT: Evans (omitted), McKenzie (injured)

Clurey must be on the nose. Don't really like changing up the whole structure after it was reasonably effective last week and Burton had a great game as a small shutdown defender. Although I do like Burgoyne coming back in.

Boak as a sub is weird. If he is medically alright to play I would think he should just play...

IN: Burgoyne

OUT: Evans (omitted), McKenzie (injured)

Clurey must be on the nose. Don't really like changing up the whole structure after it was reasonably effective last week and Burton had a great game as a small shutdown defender. Although I do like Burgoyne coming back in.

Boak as a sub is weird. If he is medically alright to play I would think he should just play...
We dead

Good selections, pretty much how I thought it would go. Surprised that Boak has been named. I personally expect Bonner will be sub.
Interesting emergencies.

When is the Magpies trial? I can see Bonner as the emergency, probably with Clurey travelling as well.

Technically Boak is an emergency. Has it been confirmed he'll be the tactical sub? Burgers is a good in but not to replace McKenzie. We have CLurey and Pasini in the wings and we spent a preseason talking Pas up too so why so small?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short defence which is a touch concerning with Cameron (204) Cox (211) and McStay (195)

Burton Can take Mihochek but that leaves Jonas and Aliir to cover the 3 names above .

Technically Boak is an emergency. Has it been confirmed he'll be the tactical sub? Burgers is a good in but not to replace McKenzie. We have CLurey and Pasini in the wings and we spent a preseason talking Pas up too so why so small?
Aside from Cox Collingwood are not a big forward line.

We acknowledge we have a small defence and then we go even shorter.

These selections are like chook lotto..

Do they know something about the weather on Saturday?

Would have said that two years ago, but Cox Mihochek, Cameron and McStay all rotating through ain't exactly short
Yea but you wont get them all at once unless they try to expose us for height which seems counterproductive with the way they load smalls up there.

Collingwood is playing 3 key forwards including their second ruck. While Burton can play as the third undersized tall defender, I didn't think they wanted him playing that role for an entire game. Probably puts him mainly on Mihocek, who's a similar size so in isolation seems reasonable.

But bigger picture, considering how well he's played on some teams best smalls, it seems short sighted. If Collingwood's smalls do the damage, our best player to stop their best now small forward has to play a different role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back