Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylegee28

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With the Collingwood game behind us, our attentions should be turned towards GWS, who, coming off a win, will be up and about in the hope of claiming their second scalp.

Who comes in for us? Who goes out?

B: Golby - Merrett - Patfull

HB: Adcock - Maguire - Drummond

C: Polec - Raines - Rich

HF: Rockliff - Retzlaff - Karnezis

F: Zorko - Brown - Banfield

R: Hudson - Redden - Black

I/C: Longer - Stiller - Hawksley SUB: Bartlett

Ins: Stiller, Adcock, Bartlett, Hudson, Retzlaff
Outs: Hanley, Polkinghorne, Harwood, Mckeever, McGrath

B: Golby- Merrett- Adcock

HB: Drummond-Maguire-Hawksley

C: Banfield- Rockliff-Rich

HF: Zorko-Brown-Green

F: Karnezis-Lisle-Polec

R: Longer- Black- Raines

I/C Redden- Harwood- Crisp SUB Yeo

In: Lisle, Yeo, Green, Adcock, Crisp

Out: Polkinghorne, Hanley, Patfull, McKeever, McGrath

For what its worth, Im expecting a goal-to-goal line of ...

FF Cameron
CHF Folau
Ruck Giles
CHB Davis
FB Mohr

Cornes as the big man loose in defense, which in practice means he'll be two-manning Brown with Mohr.

It wouldnt surprise me to see Phillips as the sub again, meaning Izzy fills in at ruck, with Giles able to drift forward once Phillips is on.

Im expecting the usual rotations, which means Power probably sits for MacDonald, and some kids get rested.

So we are assuming that Black is fine after the very brief and lack of video last night when the simple comment of "Black limps off after that contest." was made?

Also, Raines needs to stop Stephen Coniglio. That kid is and will become even more of a gun. Just seems to know where to be and what to do.

Anyone know how serious Hanley's injury is?

I'd say Green and Beams should be worthy Ins this week.

Crisp should be straight in if the selection board aren't stupid this week and Stiller and Dyson would be a chance.

Retzlaff, Lisle and Ace for tall options.

And of course Adcock if he's healthy.

I'm not really sure what will happen this week. The problem is what to do with the second ruck. Will Merrett second ruck? Will we play 2 rucks? Will Lisle come in to replace Merrett in his current role?

I'd like Lisle to come in. Although I haven't seen any of his reserves form.

Even though we played rubbish, making a lot of changes isn't going to suddenly make us a better team. Better to keep the changes to 2-3 I think.

In: Hudson, Adcock, Beams
Out: Longer, Hanley, Harwood
I think it would be good to see Hudson and Longer duo ruck.

Apart from picking on form, I think it's best to play some experienced and physically developed players this week. The talent of the GWS players should not be underestimated, so I think it would be a good idea to go in with an upper-hand in the physicality and experience stakes.

B: M.Golby, M.Maguire, J.Patfull
HB: J.Drummond, D.Merrett, C.Stiller
C: J.Redden, D.Rich, A.Raines
HF: J.Adcock, B.Longer, J.Polec
F: A.McGrath, J.Brown, P.Karnezis
Foll: B.Hudson, S.Black, T.Rockliff
Int: D.Zorko, C.Beams, J.Polkinghorne
Sub: J.Crisp
Em: R.Lester, J.Green, B.Retzlaff/N.McKeever

In: J.Adcock, C.Beams, B.Hudson, J.Crisp, C.Stiller
Out: P.Hanley (inj.), R.Harwood, T.Banfield, N.McKeever, J.Hawksley

McKeever is a bit stiff to get the chop, but if we play both Longer and Hudson, then it allows Merrett to go back. In this case, McKeever probably loses his spot behind Merrett, Maguire and Patfull for the time being.

I'm not sure if Longer at CHF would be worth a shot, but it would seem better than having him resting on the bench. The other option would be to favour McKeever, Retzlaff or Cornelius ahead of him in selection, but personally I think we should play two genuine ruck options with Longer spending some time up forward.

I'd also like to see us play both McGrath and Adcock up forward. We need some competent goal-kickers to make the best of the opportunities that we'll get. Stiller or Lester can be brought in to add another defensive option (I have gone for Stiller, due to his experience and physical development).

For me: Ins- Green,Lisle,Crisp,Adcock
Outs- Hanley,Banfield,Patfull,Polkinghorne or McGrath

Thoughts?

(would love Beams to get a go also)

Got a feeling Bartlett is a chance to debut this week. GWS having immature bodies and the like could make it ideal for him.

Forgot about Bartlett and Lester. So many players I want to get a run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hanley looked pretty disappointed sitting on the bench with his leg up being iced, so I would guess he will be out for 2-3 weeks.

I would bring Adcock in for him if he is ready.

As for the rest of the changes, I am not 100% sure what I would do, but I have a list of people I would consider besides the above change:

Under consideration to come in (in no particular order) =
- Hudson
- Stiller
- Retzlaff or Cornelius
- Bartlett
- Beams
- Green
- Crisp
- Lester

Under the pump to keep their spot:
- Polkinghorne
- Harwood
- Banfield
- Longer (would only be due to balance)
- one or even two of Merrett, Maguire, Patfull and McKeever (hard to pick)
- ???

But in reality, I have no idea what Voss will do.

Maybe we should even just stop shuffling the team around for a week and tell the players to go out there and start earning the respect back that they have lost.

Ah stuff it:

in = Adcock, Hudson, Green, Beams
Out = Hanley, Maguire, Harwood, Polkinghorne

Maguire would only come out for balance and to give McKeever some experience. Longer to stay in and play forward given a pretty good effort in the ruck. Merrett to go to the backline.

in = Adcock, Hudson, Green, Beams
Out = Hanley, Maguire, Harwood, Polkinghorne

Maguire would only come out for balance and to give McKeever some experience. Longer to stay in and play forward given a pretty good effort in the ruck. Merrett to go to the backline.

I thought McKeever was very ordinary, whilst Goose was actually quite good, can't really see this happening....

Merrett back for Mckeever and a forward (Lisle?) in....

Out: Hanley(inj) Black(inj/rest) Mckeever, Polkinghorne
In: Adcock, Stiller, Hudson, Retzlaff/Cornelius

I thought McKeever was very ordinary, whilst Goose was actually quite good, can't really see this happening....

Merrett back for Mckeever and a forward (Lisle?) in....

Yeah just looking at the game / form you are right. But will Maguire be here next year or in two years?

McKeever at least was prepared to run the ball and be creative - he made a fair few clangers, but the fastest way for him to learn is to play more games in the seniors.

Given we are going to finish down towards the bottom again, I wonder if we shouldn't start trying to get more games into him - even if on form Maguire deserves it more. Of course there is a limit to that, and there is no point doing it everywhere at once - but vs. GWS with not many big forwards might be one of the better opportunities.

I would swap Rangas.

in-a decent FOUR quarter effort and winning like they should

out-pathetic 1,2 or 3 quarter efforts and losing to gws :eek:

So we are assuming that Black is fine after the very brief and lack of video last night when the simple comment of "Black limps off after that contest." was made?

Also, Raines needs to stop Stephen Coniglio. That kid is and will become even more of a gun. Just seems to know where to be and what to do.

Not too sure about Black, hope he's okay.

As far as tagging goes I'd hope Raines gets Ward and Beams gets Coniglio or Greene. Scully isn't dangerous enough as it stands and seems to be doing more of a run-with thing himself.

Apart from picking on form, I think it's best to play some experienced and physically developed players this week. The talent of the GWS players should not be underestimated, so I think it would be a good idea to go in with an upper-hand in the physicality and experience stakes.

B: M.Golby, M.Maguire, J.Patfull
HB: J.Drummond, D.Merrett, C.Stiller
C: J.Redden, D.Rich, A.Raines
HF: J.Adcock, B.Longer, J.Polec
F: A.McGrath, J.Brown, P.Karnezis
Foll: B.Hudson, S.Black, T.Rockliff
Int: D.Zorko, C.Beams, J.Polkinghorne
Sub: J.Crisp
Em: R.Lester, J.Green, B.Retzlaff/N.McKeever

In: J.Adcock, C.Beams, B.Hudson, J.Crisp, C.Stiller
Out: P.Hanley (inj.), R.Harwood, T.Banfield, N.McKeever, J.Hawksley

McKeever is a bit stiff to get the chop, but if we play both Longer and Hudson, then it allows Merrett to go back. In this case, McKeever probably loses his spot behind Merrett, Maguire and Patfull for the time being.

I'm not sure if Longer at CHF would be worth a shot, but it would seem better than having him resting on the bench. The other option would be to favour McKeever, Retzlaff or Cornelius ahead of him in selection, but personally I think we should play two genuine ruck options with Longer spending some time up forward.

I'd also like to see us play both McGrath and Adcock up forward. We need some competent goal-kickers to make the best of the opportunities that we'll get. Stiller or Lester can be brought in to add another defensive option (I have gone for Stiller, due to his experience and physical development).

Great post, great team imo. Adcock at HFF to run with Cornes is a good plan I think.

Hawksley a little stiff, but I'd rather have Stiller in.

Would probably want to sub Longer off once he tires, I'd start both Crisp and Zorko. Try Polks as the sub, he hasn't been up to scratch since his injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back