Preview Changes: GRAND FINAL

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd think the whole squad is going to watch

I would feel more happier if there is a Jarman at the ground on grand final day. :p

Our lucky mascot.

Ben%20Jarman%20200_200X320.jpg

I think trade is a significant part of recruiting and with the trades in Rendall’s time hre that number is significantly higher. Brown, Lynch, Jenkins etc...

Trades are a massive part of recruiting, but does the head recruiting guy deal with that? I assumed that was more handled by the list manager, etc.

I'll admit, I don't actually know :p

Rowe on 5AA saying the word is no changes to either side

As much as I think we all thought. Unless there was an injury I cant imagine the coaches having to deal with grand final heartache for any prelim finals player.

If Gov was 100%, Otten would have been really worried.

If Gov was 100%, Otten would have been really worried.
Looking at Ottens body language there will be no late swap for Gov, unless Don hasnt told Andy. Andy couldnt keep the smile off his face. He is playing and he knows it and he loves it :D

Looking at Ottens body language there will be no late swap for Gov, unless Don hasnt told Andy. Andy couldnt keep the smile off his face. He is playing and he knows it and he loves it :D
I think Otten thought last Friday night that there was a reasonable chance that Gov got up for the GF. Otten looked really uncomfortable when BT did the Roaming Brian treatment on him after the PF and was talking about how he was playing in a GF the next week. Or maybe Otten thought he could get dropped for a small.

GF Crows unchanged.
A bit like sanders.
Once again you seem to be aspiring to some kind of status?
Nah mate, just enjoying this week and the roller-coaster year that the Crows have given us.
Oh, I love dem Crows.
I wouldn't expect any kind of status or reward for shooting [chickens] in a barrel, ie pointing out when you're demonstrably wrong ( and not just saying "You're wrong", or "Only someone who knows nothing about football would think/believe/say that" <== which are two of your favourite unqualified retorts).

Once again, you're projecting.
(Fyi --- " projecting: when you point out actions in someone else, that really are things that you do ").

GF Crows unchanged.
A bit like sanders.

Nah mate, just enjoying this week and the roller-coaster year that the Crows have given us.
Oh, I love dem Crows.
I wouldn't expect any kind of status or reward for shooting [chickens] in a barrel, ie pointing out when you're demonstrably wrong ( and not just saying "You're wrong", or "Only someone who knows nothing about football would think/believe/say that" <== which are two of your favourite unqualified retorts).

(Fyi --- " projecting: when you point out actions in someone else, that really are things that you do ").

Do you have a tribal tattoo by any chance? :)

GF Crows unchanged.
A bit like sanders.

Oh, I love dem Crows.

You're wrong. His favourite retort is "have you forgotten which alias account to log in?"

Do you have a tribal tattoo by any chance? :)
:D
Nah, mate, in fact no ink at all --- but well done in alienating many BF members who do. :thumbsu:
Had a good laugh at this, too:
You're wrong. His favourite retort is "have you forgotten which alias account to log in?"
... and I have none of those, either.
Yet another favoured sanders-ism: "It didn't happen".

Time to build a bridge...

It's grand final week & you should be happy. :)
:thumbsu::thumbsu:
It's GF week, we've made the GF, and we should all be happy. CROWS, go you good things! :)
Really nervous about our injuries. Will this club ever have any luck.
Awww, c'mon Mike, that's too gloomy mate.
We beat GWS without Sloane and Smith (injured after 10 mins), and Geelong without Smith and Gov.
Some Crows' LUCK:
--- Tex grew up in love with the Crows. He's only 27 too, so we can expect another 6 or so years of his team-first excellence.
--- Pykey made himself available for the coaching job
--- club smart enough to sign Eddie (luck + good judgment)
--- depth enough to cover Smith and Gov (luck + good management)
We're not doomed or cursed. Every club cops injuries and we've certainly had more than our share when you add the Betts/Sloane appendices <== lucky they didn't happen this week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....Or maybe Otten thought he could get dropped for a small.

A couple of Otten-moments:
PF, first quarter, 7:47 left to play --- Hartigan's "low bullet" (thanks, BT, but it might've been a miskick rather than a bullet :D) and it looks to me like Otten punched the ball down and in front, having spotted Lynch unmarked a few metres in front of the contest. Lynch gathers, goal.

PF, second quarter, 13:29 left, Ratkins' touched kick is called play-on, Geelong player (Stewart?) 'marks' ball with Otten out of position but Otten has heard the call and applies pressure, tackles, ball spills, Otten runs on (second effort) dives forward and gives quick, slick handball in same movement to CC who streams past, CC lovely, long kick for goal.

No doubt if Gov's fit, he plays and Otten misses out, but Otten has flexibility within the team (often mentioned by Pyke), shows positional awareness and is team-oriented. Bad luck for Gov, lucky break for Otten, but Otten will play his heart out.

A couple of Otten-moments:
PF, first quarter, 7:47 left to play --- Hartigan's "low bullet" (thanks, BT, but it might've been a miskick rather than a bullet :D) and it looks to me like Otten punched the ball down and in front, having spotted Lynch unmarked a few metres in front of the contest. Lynch gathers, goal.

PF, second quarter, 13:29 left, Ratkins' touched kick is called play-on, Geelong player (Stewart?) 'marks' ball with Otten out of position but Otten has heard the call and applies pressure, tackles, ball spills, Otten runs on (second effort) dives forward and gives quick, slick handball in same movement to CC who streams past, CC lovely, long kick for goal.

No doubt if Gov's fit, he plays and Otten misses out, but Otten has flexibility within the team (often mentioned by Pyke), shows positional awareness and is team-oriented. Bad luck for Gov, lucky break for Otten, but Otten will play his heart out.
Otten has a good chance to do an "Ellen". He's got a good chance to do a "sneaky one" on the Tigers. He's also our most versatile player in the squad, so if anyone need's resting or a key position is needing injury testing, he can help fill in the gaps.

Not so much a change for the GF, as an addition to the pre-GF Crows stance.

Starting with Pykey, I'd like to see the boys bend their R arm and place a hand or fist over their heart, one by one down the line --- to remind themselves and to tell Richmond emphatically not only what we're playing for, but also for whom.
Our team, our Coach & support staff, our supporters, Walsh/Bailey, Jacobs' brother and our State.

Wow! 1 more sleep and it's on. I'm still pinching myself. I'm feeling fairly confident and not nervous yet but I suspect at about 2pm tomorrow I'll be pretty nervous......gees it can't come soon enough.
GO YOU MIGHTY ADELAIDE CROWS!

Trades are a massive part of recruiting, but does the head recruiting guy deal with that? I assumed that was more handled by the list manager, etc.

I'll admit, I don't actually know :p
I've always assumed that whilst following the lower leagues (e.g. SANFL, VFL, WAFL, etc.) looking for prospects to draft, recruiters would also keep an eye on AFL listed players in case there's a player not getting an opportunity that's ready to take the next step up, and they'd pass this information onto their list manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back