Preview Changes: R10 vs Melbourne - Crows drop Hamill but keep Mackay

Do you think D Mac will be selected in the 22 this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For me I was thinking of bringing Ned back but given the type of player that he is (always burrowing in for the ball) I reckon he runs the risk of another concussion. I reckon he should take another week off. He did look bad after the incident. So I would look at who to drop first. MacKay is my first to drop. He's not doing much and whilst I am sure he is in the side to help stabilise the balance of youth and senior players I just feel he is now robbing us of developing another player. I would like to see Worrell get a game. We need to see what he can do. I also think that we need Tex back so would drop Frampton. Clearly the club has to make some hard decisions about our forward structure. Tex. Berg, TT. Fog, Frampton....something has gotta give.

Worrell for MacKay
Tex for Frampton

I would keep O'conner in for another week.

Well if the odds in Australia are $5.40, I'd have thought that would make us about £2.70 over here - but seems like they aren't doing that.
Why?

It's about the ratio (5.40:1). If you bet 1 pound, for 5.40 pounds return, then that's exactly the same as us betting AUD$1 for AUD$5.40 return.

For me I was thinking of bringing Ned back but given the type of player that he is (always burrowing in for the ball) I reckon he runs the risk of another concussion. I reckon he should take another week off. He did look bad after the incident. So I would look at who to drop first. MacKay is my first to drop. He's not doing much and whilst I am sure he is in the side to help stabilise the balance of youth and senior players I just feel he is now robbing us of developing another player. I would like to see Worrell get a game. We need to see what he can do. I also think that we need Tex back so would drop Frampton. Clearly the club has to make some hard decisions about our forward structure. Tex. Berg, TT. Fog, Frampton....something has gotta give.

Worrell for MacKay
Tex for Frampton

I would keep O'conner in for another week.

I don’t know why you need to balance youth and experience. Surely you just pick your best team and his last 2 weeks put him outside of that. And that’s if we’re contending, any doubt at all in a rebuild and a performer like him at his age gets nowhere near the 22.

We are paying £5.40 for the win here $9.80ish for all you chaps back home.

The gambling degenarate in me is tempted to stick a bit of money on us, as I genuinely think we are a silly chance. Am I dillusional?
Melbourne like all teams will lose a game eventually. It will probably be one they're expected to win so why not?

LOL we are literally no chance of beating them. :$

Even when we were a decent side they were one of our bogey teams.

Like against WC, will be happy to see some competitive patches and young kids show their stuff.

And hopefully avoid conceding a run of 5 or more goals. Demons play WB the next week so I think they may not go full throttle vs us. May be able to win a qtr .... or 2?!

Not good enough, can't score enough, defence not up to it, far inferior midfield. No other reasons.
LOL we are literally no chance of beating them. :$

Even when we were a decent side they were one of our bogey teams.

Like against WC, will be happy to see some competitive patches and young kids show their stuff.
Very unlikely I would admit but even good teams have bad days.
Nobody sees an upset coming until it actually happens. Remember round 1?

Very unlikely I would admit but even good teams have bad days.
Nobody sees an upset coming until it actually happens. Remember round 1?

Yes but I also rember rounds 2 to 9 where the Demons have become flag favs.

It would be nice to have beaten two top 4 sides tho ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can read the selectors' minds ... retain Mackay because we need his experience against the ladder leaders. Take it to the bank.
Yep... so he can show the kids the way..

The way to turn it over by kicking it directly to your opponent.
The way to get brushed aside by the opposition.
The way to easily have your tackle attempts broken.
The way to handball to team mates who are flatfooted, not expecting it and immediately set upon by the opposition.
The way to miss easy goals when under little pressure.
The way to allow your direct opponent to have an absolute blinder and run you around in circles...

Experience and mentorship like mookay brings is just so valuable to a young side..

Hes *in useless and shouldve been shown the door three years ago. But instead he’ll probably play every game for the rest of the year..

Game time wasted that could be used to provide valuable experience to a young player like Worrell.

Its a sick joke and the exact reason why the club is in the current state its finds itself..

Does McHenry come straight back in?

Would be a show of faith in a kid who has shown some bits and pieces but not enough to outright command a spot purely on performance. Hopefully we back him in

Does McHenry come straight back in?

Would be a show of faith in a kid who has shown some bits and pieces but not enough to outright command a spot purely on performance. Hopefully we back him in
Nicks indicated that would be the case if he passes concussion protocols. Wants the pressure around the ball in the forward half that McHenry brings.

Hoping it’s not jones for mchenry.

would like to see Mchenry in for Frampton.
ROB out for Berg.
Berg to Ruck full time
Jones needs to stay.
He's found a role he performs well in. If we play Mackay and drop Jones at any point in the rest of this season, Nicks should be immediately sacked.

Nicks indicated that would be the case if he passes concussion protocols. Wants the pressure around the ball in the forward half that McHenry brings.

How cool, Mackay pushes Seed forward, Seed expectantly s**t there, Forward returns, who played s**t up forward, Seed, bye bye Seed. Doesn't matter how s**t Mackay was in the spot Seed had been pretty good, it's now like for like. Seeya Seed.

Back