Preview Changes: R7 vs GWS

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
What did you like from Newchurch?
I've only seen him in the pre-season games. I love his burst of speed, and his goal sense. When he hits the jets, it's like watching Charlie Cameron once again.

I'm well aware that he has shortcoming in his game at present, but so do McAdam & Rowe. Even with his shortcomings, I'm not sure that he could be worse than what this pair is producing at present. At worst, it gives the dropped player a kick up the backside and puts an end to their complacency.

I've only seen him in the pre-season games. I love his burst of speed, and his goal sense. When he hits the jets, it's like watching Charlie Cameron once again.

I'm well aware that he has shortcoming in his game at present, but so do McAdam & Rowe. Even with his shortcomings, I'm not sure that he could be worse than what this pair is producing at present. At worst, it gives the dropped player a kick up the backside and puts an end to their complacency.
Thanks. Haven't seen him very much - only a couple of SANFL games.

Thanks. Haven't seen him very much - only a couple of SANFL games.
Newchurch would have a Fogarty like impact on the game going on his SANFL performances.

He'll either kick 3 goals or 0 goals from about 5 touches total. No influence around the ground. No defensive pressure. Doesn't have Fogarty's accuracy or range.

I like him as a prospect but he has plenty to work on

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Newchurch would have a Fogarty like impact on the game going on his SANFL performances.

He'll either kick 3 goals or 0 goals from about 5 touches total. No influence around the ground. No defensive pressure. Doesn't have Fogarty's accuracy or range.

I like him as a prospect but he has plenty to work on
He's almost certainly not ready for AFL just yet. Selecting him would be more about sending a message to Rowe & McAdam.

Jun 30, 2014
The Winchester
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, East Side Hawks
No sh*t Sherlock. But 10 disposals a game for a small forward / HFf over 50 games is only acceptable if they’re averaging atleast two and preferably 3 goals per game.
The hurt factors can’t only be on the kpi sheet.

Oct 17, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins
Was Talia a slider? I seem to remember him being rated very highly throughout out the year he was drafted.

We drafted him from under Carlton or Melbourne noses IIRC. He was taken where projected. Lewis Jetta was going to be our pick but one of those passed on Talia the pick before and we took him.

Last edited:

ltdamn

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg, Seahawks, Mariners, Celtic
You're missing my point...a gun for US. Where is he now? Not at the AFC, that's for sure. So keep going and tell me a top pick, one who slid to us and is still with us or played most of his career with us.
No I'm not, you just changed it because you forgot about Lever, and you're too stubborn to admit there might be an exception to your rule, even if it's just one, and the bulk of our early sliders under Hamish probably haven't paid off.

He was a gun for us, then left, and we got more back than what we drafted him with. We benefited from his service and his departure.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
He was a superstar in the underage comps, largely because he was a manchild. He flopped in the Nationals, and recruiters started to ponder what position (if any) he would actually be able to play at AFL level. As a result, he fell to #12 in the draft, where Adelaide grabbed him - partly because of the potential he'd shown in the junior age groups, but mostly because he was from SA.

Without the SA factor, they probably join the previous 11 clubs and decide to pass on the manchild with no obvious AFL position. Probably... but it's hypothetical, as we can never really know.
He “flopped in the Nationals”..

I dont recall him even playing in the nationals.. believe he spent most of his draft year, and definitely the second half of it, out with a knee issue..

have you scrapped your dog off the road yet.. or is it still stuck under Fog’s car?...

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
To be fair, that was the knock on him even before he was drafted, and probably the reason why he fell all the way to #12 in his draft - nobody could figure out what position he'd end up playing at AFL level. He's too immobile to play in the midfield, too short to be a genuine KPF, and too slow & bulky to play as a small forward. Adelaide grabbed him because he was from SA, and his potential was obvious for all to see - but as you say, they've spent the last 3 years scratching their heads, trying to figure out how to extract that potential from a physique which just isn't suited to modern AFL football.

We may be getting to the end of the road soon, giving up on a player who had bucket loads of potential, but a body shape which just wouldn't ever allow him to make the most of his talents. We'll never get that pick #12 back - it's a sunk cost. It may be almost time to write that pick off, and move forward in search of the next player with great potential.
“Too short to be a genuine KPF”.

he’s the same height as Tex.

geez you talk some utter s**t.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why Why haven't we have not been given a Worrell to debut release yet .
Surely surely with so many flopped badly against GWS and other matches, Josh has to be a monty to come in .
If they can't see this kid is a AFL player them what hope do we have.

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

I dont recall him even playing in the nationals.. believe he spent most of his draft year, and definitely the second half of it, out with a knee issue..

have you scrapped your dog off the road yet.. or is it still stuck under Fog’s car?...

Fog doesn't bring his car to Canberra.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta

1620282438486.png

1620282534563.png

Back