Opinion Changes R9 v Norf Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Likely worried he plays too well which will make it harder to drop him or "manage him". Club seems generally worried when a youngster outperforms someone they have invested so heavily in with games and especially cap. Almost take it as a personal affront. One messed up footy club.
Given how Melbourne played the other night if we bring him back he could beat up on Jake Lever.

Why Strachan unless Himmelberg or ROB didn't come up or Tex. If it's Himmelberg or Tex it makes the naming of FOG and McAsey as emergencies even weirder. Why not list Worrell as emergency instead of Fog
Isn't it Tex that's being talked about ?

The f*****s won’t even let us rebuild
1024.jpg

hypothetically if we draft thilthorpe, hollands and another midfielder at pick 7 idk how tf walker and matt crouch are going to keep their spot.
Walker will be there again next season.. hopefully in a player coaching type role mainly to help guide the young forwards..

i havent given up on Matt yet.. hes had a terrible season but looked better in the second half last week.. with brad off the field he looked a different player. Hopefully if brad goes at the end of the year we see the Matt crouch of old return next season..

its funny brads best game this year was the one matt wasnt in because he’d been dropped... everything points to them needing to be split up and not played together in the same team.

I don't think anyone has a problem with those 7 or 8 guys getting a game if they're playing well. But most of them aren't.
None of the “old guys” are likely to win the Brownlow. Our mid-aged guys have struggled and most of our Kids have been poor (but we should keep playing). My ratings are
Talia - Good
Sloane - Has given everything but well below his best, probably due to playing with injuries
Smith- Some good games and some shockers. Has played better recently
Tex - Refer to Smith
Seedsman - Has been tried in too many positions. Looked a little better against Essendon
Mackay - Has been our 18th best player every match. What’s the point
Gibbs - Looked cooked in round one. Can you unfry an egg?
Lynch - Refer to Smith. Seems to be taking the game on and often kicks straight to the opposition.
Hartigan - IMHO he is playing slightly better than last year but what’s the point?

Which of our “younger” players have been good? McHenry nup,
McAsey nup, Fogarty nup, Jones nup nup, Poholke nup, Himmelberg nup, Stengle nup, Murphy nup, Davis nup, Crocker nup, Frampton nup, McAdam nup, O’Brien nup, Mrouch nup nup nup, Kelly nup, Brouch nup, Laird nup and Brown nup.

The only players who could have a sneaky smile on their face are Hamill, McPherson, Keays and Doedee.

I just can't believe we are playing Himmelberg over Frampton. At least Frampton showed something.
Whilst Himmelberg was not great against Essendon, he did bring the ball to the ground better than McAsey, Frampton and Tex. Intercept marks in the D50 have been killing us all season and Himmelberg was involved in setting up some scoring opportunities. One nice contested mark and if he hadn’t shanked the kick for goal I would have given him a
C minus.

We need to give him a group of games and then make the call, imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to give Strachan a run up forward, at least someone that can stick a big mark and bring the ball to ground for our smalls.....and then there's Todd Goldstein's dominance to look at.
I don't think a forward line of Himmelberg & Strachan is the best idea... but in a rebuild year not fussed.

I just can't believe we are playing Himmelberg over Frampton. At least Frampton showed something.
In a football context EH has a far superior IQ than poor old Billy and therefore a far higher ceiling.

Billy’s a street fighter though and deserves full credit for showing up EH’s soft pre season. EH ought to be ashamed of himself for letting that happen. If we can get him showing some intensity and commitment he may yet be something.

Billy has done his job, a good sparring partner who has pushed EH so he can’t be lazy.

Heaven help us if we’re relying on Billy for much else though

I will be, for the first time ever, actively wishing we lose.

We cannot validate this disgusting destruction of the club. They need to lose to show their strategy is pure bullshit and won't solve anything.

fu**. This club has become a mess
Bullshit. You've done that several times this season already :)

Because their bodies aren't ready for 3 games in 9 days?
Which is why we should have made a mixture of experienced/inexperienced player changes this week, rather than just bringing in all our experienced players.

Such a good punt to get Strachan in. If he fails who cares, BUT, if that kid could adjust and build a game, it’s a total game changer going forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back