Preview Changes - Rd 16 V Brisbane Lions, Aurora Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out; shoe
in; muston

and for gods sake move brown to the backline. Every game he's played in the forward line, we've lost except Melbourne. Loooord. Play him down back.

My first inclination would be to drop Shoey but given the opponent we may want him in for height. Not sure if Fev and Brown will play but if one doesnt Schoey out for Ladson.

I thought we really missed another small defender today to play the role Laddo usually does. Stokes and Varcoe were one of the main reasons we lost today.

Ive heard conflicting stories about Mitch - will he be right to play??

Franko will get rubbed out won't he?

Well who knows. I think I'd probably just give up if he did though, a late high tackle with no impact...maybe they'll suspend 53 odd players this week for the same thing though :(.

Sad face is probably out of place for a sarcastic comment but at the moment I don't have any other faces.

Please, please drop Schoemakers.

Buddy will probably get weeks when other players would get off that charge. Just because it's Buddy

Give the kid a break.

In all honesty though, he deserves to be dropped. No two ways about it. If franklin gets done, then he's once again earned a spot by default.

I really like him for a young KPD. But these blokes take time, and there's nothing wrong with that. He needs to earn his spot. If it was Lewis doing what shoe did today, everyone would be all over him, but because shoe is a kid, somehow he's immune from criticism?

How about this,
Shoe didn't have the best game today in our already "too tall" backline. Even with Brown (who'll be lacking fitness) and fevola, I still think that Gibson, Stratts, Gilham and Brown can do the job on them.

Yeah, they will need a chop out. (I hear brown is pretty good at that)

What we don't need is a deer in headlights. (I hear shoe is pretty good at that)

scapegoat.jpg

Give the kid a break.

QFT.

I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed with Schoenmakers today but a lot of the times he was beaten was as a result of Geelong kicking over our zone. While he may have fumbled a few times that game was a pressure cooker if we ever saw it and the bloke is only young.

We need Schoenmakers versus Brisbane more than we need Muston coming in to tag Ash McGrath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good input mate.

If it was Gilham today who made those mistakes, it'd be a free for all, except there seems to be this unwritten law that younger players don't need to be accountable.

I think shoe will be a great player for us. He didn't get much help from the coaches box (would have swapped brown with shoe as soon as geelong went small in the forwardline) but he looked a step too slow in most aspects of the game.

I think he should be dropped.

Good input mate.

If it was Gilham today who made those mistakes, it'd be a free for all, except there seems to be this unwritten law that younger players don't need to be accountable.

Nonsense. And that is a bloody good picture.

Will buddy go for head high hit? Mitchell says he is a chance to play next week but of course we know he wont and Renouf is in doubt, is Taylor a chance to play next week?

Nonsense. And that is a bloody good picture.

Regarding your second point, we have a concurrence.

Your first I'll have to disagree with though. I refer to when lewis, ozzy, ellis, birch, ladson were all playing badly and everyone got on them and hounded them. People were unrelenting in their criticism. I am directing a bees dick of the criticism those blokes copped towards shoey. All I'm saying is he should be dropped.

Shoe, in my opinion, has played some average games and probably doesn't deserve his spot next week ahead of blokes like muston and ladson if fit.

Maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree?

(for the record, I'd like nothing more than shoe to play (to
my initial protests) and give brown a pantsing. Then, I'd happily eat my words.)

Regarding your second point, we have a concurrence.

Your first I'll have to disagree with though. I refer to when lewis, ozzy, ellis, birch, ladson were all playing badly and everyone got on them and hounded them. People were unrelenting in their criticism. I am directing a bees dick of the criticism those blokes copped towards shoey, and for some reason I'm saying he's the scapegoat? All I'm saying is he should be dropped.

Shoe, in my opinion, has played some average games and probably doesn't deserve his spot next week ahead of blokes like muston and ladson if fit.

(for the record, I'd like nothing more than shoe to play (to
my initial protests) and give brown a pantsing. Then, I'd happily eat my words.)

My concern is that we lost by two points after kicking 2.7 in the third, yet Schoey has been singled out by a number of people. It has the stench of "Tom Murphy is Hopeless" about it. Buddy kicked 3 points today, Bateman had a poor third term, etc, etc.

So my concern that he is a scapegoat is not based on simply what you have written. And when I saw that picture I couldn't resist. It gives us a sample of what the historic meaning of scapegoat was; a physical animal sent into the wilderness with the sins of the populace aboard.

Anyway lets agree to disagree.

And i'll disagree. Shoey has been in the team in the last 3 weeks and played very well. Pls name the games that shoey was average? i can tell against essendon he had 14 spoils out of a team total of 24?

I will defend shoey, he did not cost us the game, and you should not turn shoey into the scapegoat.

Every one is blaming Shoey for the reason we lost, we lost because of inaccurate kicking, Geelong did not beat us today we lost the game in the 3rd term, i still cant believe how bad our kicking is, 2-7 in the 3rd term we could of won the game then.:(

Every one is blaming Shoey for the reason we lost, we lost because of inaccurate kicking, Geelong did not beat us today we lost the game in the 3rd term, i still cant believe how bad our kicking is, 2-7 in the 3rd term we could of won the game then.:(

macdaddio, you are a quality poster on bigfooty. it's pretty obvious that shoenmakers decision making and reaction speed to conested football is not to afl standard yet. seems he is a protected species on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back