Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we just give up on Jones?

He is a poor mans Luke Brown as a defender or a poor mans Mackay as a winger.

Enough is enough with these supposed midfielders we keep drafting who never get near the midfield.

Same goes for Ned.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One thing Nick's may have a point with is cohesion.

Last year when our guys came out of defense there were options. It was very evident yesterday that as they come out of defense it's stagnant, they don't know where to go.

Clubs have worked out that they can clog the centre of the ground our ball movement is stuffed as we don't have the leg speed or skills to break through there with run
Which comes back to the gameplan and coaching.
All roads currently lead to Nicks and his coaching tactics

I’d give Pedlar one last shot and play him in the mid. I’d also start Dawson on the wing initially. Fog needs to play CHF and told to get on his bike. Burgess to play deep. Rachele and Rankine need to be at the fall of the ball inside 50 and rotating in the middle. Move the ball quickly, take the game on.
Out - Milera Walker Murphy
In - Nankervis Gollant Dowling

One thing Nick's may have a point with is cohesion.

Last year when our guys came out of defense there were options. It was very evident yesterday that as they come out of defense it's stagnant, they don't know where to go.

Clubs have worked out that they can clog the centre of the ground our ball movement is stuffed as we don't have the leg speed or skills to break through there with run

Cohesion?

Create a better environment and a better structure and allow natural footballers to actually play their own game. Select players based on form and not based on their history with the club.

Rewarding mediocrity is a problem for cohesion. It makes players think if they can be subpar they will be rewarded. eg; Lachlan Murphy and Sholl. Brodie smith is being rewarded a cheap game because we can't show a bit of back bone by dropping a "club legend" on the verge of his 250th despite being out of form for the better part of 3 years.

There is no structure. We've got 'Hospital Ball legend' Rory Laird, 'Handball Happy Harry' Matt Crouch and ROB rolling out most of our CBA's why do you think there is average forward 50 entries? Must be cohesion. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Nick's is in complete denial blaming the players. He chose those players. We pride ourselves on fostering a culture where underperformance goes unpunished.

I watched Fog like a hawk last night. His lead patterns are shot (or shite) but he doesn't know how to get himself into position again. He's happy to be second to the footy. Cohesion though.

The only bloke who could truly hold his head high last night was Jake Soligo. Who was the only player who gave us any form of excitement when he got the footy.

Players are a product of their environment. This environment created by Nicks is stripping all talent out of the blokes, who have any X factor. Rankine & Rachelle look a shell of themselves, continually double-guess themselves. Flair? What flair... Guaranteed if they played for Collingwood or Geelong they would not be like this.

Nicks is a disgrace for blaming the players. I think he may have had a brain fart and forgot he selected that team of duds to field the side. He showed a lot of his true self by blaming others and not owning the fact that he got it wrong as a leader and make the right changes moving. As the coach, it's imperative for progress rather than deflecting accountability onto others.

But cohesion.

If our whole coaching plan is s**t, then what does it matter?

Our best play this week was chip, chip, chip, then around the boundary line to a contested kick to someone... who kicks a point.

The whole thing is a big steaming turd. Everyone knows it.

Sorry if this has been mentioned. I haven't been following closely as busy. I would trial Parnell as a small forward.

Start focusing on next year. Get games into Dowling, Nank, Edwards, Curtin etc asap.
I don't mind the Parnell call but we know what he can do

But your 2nd post means he misses out for mine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d give Pedlar one last shot and play him in the mid. I’d also start Dawson on the wing initially. Fog needs to play CHF and told to get on his bike. Burgess to play deep. Rachele and Rankine need to be at the fall of the ball inside 50 and rotating in the middle. Move the ball quickly, take the game on.
Out - Milera Walker Murphy
In - Nankervis Gollant Dowling

Are you serious? Peldar midfield? He has no right to be in the team let alone a midfield spot. Earn it or f*** off.

Are you serious? Peldar midfield? He has no right to be in the team let alone a midfield spot. Earn it or f*** off.
We have done everything to screw up this kid from the first bounce of the year. Start as the sub, broken face... keep wheeling him out. Then instruct him to be a defensive forward on Stewart, and out mark talls on a slow break with high loopy kicks that doesn't give him a chance. His form is down, but he has no confidence right now, and it's no surprise why. He does need a rest in the SANFL to regain his confidence (as long as Godden doesn't * him up) but the way have played him this year is absolutely atrocious!

We haven’t been spanked on the scoreboard yet. It’s coming. Probably Thursday.
I'll give you that. I reckon we are in for a hiding Thursday. But the way we have been playing has already been hit by the ugly stick that is as bad as the building on Waymouth St. The really ugly tall student building.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back