Prediction Changes Round 18 vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost patience after 17 rounds. The guy is the Dalai Lama.

To be fair, his form in the early part of the season wasn’t too bad and for the last few weeks when his form has tapered off badly we’ve literally had no one to replace him with

First opportunity to omit him and it looks like he may well be in the WAFL

Excited Arrested Development GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time Gaff played in the WAFL?

Round 16, 2011

He played 7 games for South Fremantle in 2011 from round 8-16

Kicked 5 goals total and received 11 Sandovee votes from those 7 games

I dont understand the complaining about simmo being light on players in public, he's always been that way.
He just doesn't bash them up in the media and will always speak positively even when they have been putrid.
What he says in public and behind club doors can be entirely different. (And i suspect is different).

He was never going to come out and say "oh yeah Gaff has been damn putrid and we're dropping his ass the first opportunity we get".

Publicly acknowledging that Gaff has had poor form and needs a circuit breaker is the closest thing to a clip we'll likely see from him.

I dont understand the complaining about simmo being light on players in public, he's always been that way.
He just doesn't bash them up in the media and will always speak positively even when they have been putrid.
What he says in public and behind club doors can be entirely different. (And i suspect is different).

He was never going to come out and say "oh yeah Gaff has been damn putrid and we're dropping his ass the first opportunity we get".

Publicly acknowledging that Gaff has had poor form and needs a circuit breaker is the closest thing to a clip we'll likely see from him.
I think the actions suggest it's more likely he's a coddler. They entered one season unfit, another underdone, and he rarely drops the big names.

As a society, we're going down this root of empathy, feelings, and inclusions. It's 180 degrees from what anyone who is Gen X and older experienced and witnessed through childhood. Think about the world we built. We didn't have organised sport 150 years ago. The world was dirt poor and struggling to survive. We didn't build what we have with empathy and inclusion.

I'm not saying go back and be Barassi and scream at players to "get a dog up 'ya and stop being a little pufta", I'm just saying strong people don't accept weakness and anyone being weak for a noticeable amount of time doesn't play. Remember the days when a top 18 player had some skinfolds and the coach would say, "we know you're easily best 18, but all the other players, no matter their ranking are bringing 100%. You have skin folds and you're only bringing 80% of what you have, you're letting everyone else down. You're out of the team".

Simmo isn't doing that stuff.

If Gaff is dropped and the floggings continue, who is everyone going to blame then?
Everyone will pile back onto Simmo. Unfortunately it is going to take a few weeks for guys to get back to match fitness and gel with one another though, particularly with so many so many young players. The team should be judged on effort from here, not results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back