Prediction Changes: Round 2 Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect Logue to take Fyfe. Aiden Corr will take Taberner I’d say…distinct possibility he may...

leave him breathless…

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

Does anyone think the club moderates posts on the Facebook page? Can only see positive comments about Banfield's selection.

If that's the source of social media truth then there'll be absolutely no pressure on the club to change their strategy..

Does anyone think the club moderates posts on the Facebook page? Can only see positive comments about Banfield's selection.

If that's the source of social media truth then there'll be absolutely no pressure on the club to change their strategy..

Maybe, but only dumb campaigners post on the FB or Twatter posts.

After hearing that Sam Sturt was overlooked again...

Capture58.JPG

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I was working during the game last week & just glancing at the screen occasionally.

I hasn’t been able to bring myself to watch closely on replay but I sat through the 2nd half today & seriously how did we lose that?
We were all over them for most of the second half & could have put it away easily if a few marks were held & we didn’t kick like drunken sailors at goal.

Fyfe & Jacksons misses were particularly egregious, Fyfe with the snap & then the terrible set shot. I shudder to think what’s going on in his head. If he can’t start nailing regulation set shots he’ll be in a world of hurt mentally. I also found his decision to turn back inside the play rather than bombing the ball towards an open goal & backing our forwards in to win the foot race inexplicable, unless there was a deep defender out of shot.
Other than that he was actually pretty handy at times.

Jackson had so many nearly moments but the snap on goal he missed was terrible.
The Saints goals mostly came from some terrible luck & a few fumbles but we should have easily won that. I can’t see us having so many players all make crucial mistakes in front of goal again & feel strangely reassured. As JL said we were actually pretty damn good for a lot of the game except up forward.

And Liam Henry was about the most creative player out there in the second half. Shultz & Switta were pretty good too.

Treacy was a non event & deserving of relegation. I don’t understand Sturt not being his replacement & we must give him & Johnson opportunity soon.

I don’t know where Corbett & Emett are in terms of fitness & pecking order but surely they come into contention for a look at the top level at some point too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I was working during the game last week & just glancing at the screen occasionally.

I hasn’t been able to bring myself to watch closely on replay but I sat through the 2nd half today & seriously how did we lose that?
We were all over them for most of the second half & could have put it away easily if a few marks were held & we didn’t kick like drunken sailors at goal.

Fyfe & Jacksons misses were particularly egregious, Fyfe with the snap & then the terrible set shot. I shudder to think what’s going on in his head. If he can’t start nailing regulation set shots he’ll be in a world of hurt mentally. I also found his decision to turn back inside the play rather than bombing the ball towards an open goal & backing our forwards in to win the foot race inexplicable, unless there was a deep defender out of shot.
Other than that he was actually pretty handy at times.

Jackson had so many nearly moments but the snap on goal he missed was terrible.
The Saints goals mostly came from some terrible luck & a few fumbles but we should have easily won that. I can’t see us having so many players all make crucial mistakes in front of goal again & feel strangely reassured. As JL said we were actually pretty damn good for a lot of the game except up forward.

And Liam Henry was about the most creative player out there in the second half. Shultz & Switta were pretty good too.

Treacy was a non event & deserving of relegation. I don’t understand Sturt not being his replacement & we must give him & Johnson opportunity soon.

I don’t know where Corbett & Emett are in terms of fitness & pecking order but surely they come into contention for a look at the top level at some point too?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
From the dropped marks, to Fyfe's failure to just boot the ball forward when being chased down to Darcy's brain dead ruck knocks, it was classic Freo.

I think I actually hope we lose this weekend. Just to prove that this conservative approach to selection is hopeless.

I know it's cutting off the nose to spite the face, but how else will this message sink in.

It's just so frustrating. We can all see the changes that need to be made, why can't the people who's job it is to ensure success for the club see it?

I think I actually hope we lose this weekend. Just to prove that this conservative approach to selection is hopeless.

I know it's cutting off the nose to spite the face, but how else will this message sink in.

It's just so frustrating. We can all see the changes that need to be made, why can't the people who's job it is to ensure success for the club see it?

I don't even care about getting the 4 points with this vanilla ass B22. "Back the boys to get it right against North" lol

Give us the L so we can finally change the puss puss method.

All clubs probably do to an extent considering how much players sit on their phones reading about themselves and their club (Yes, they pretend to take the high ground and say they don't but they do).

Mate, I can tell you there is a legion of tossers contacting the club directly to let them know their every thought. They know everything that gets said.

Mate, I can tell you there is a legion of tossers contacting the club directly to let them know their every thought. They know everything that gets said.
Well clearly it's not sinking in, or registering with them. Or maybe they just don't care, you can't seriously tell me that team they put forward last night looks like a team that will go close to playing finals, let alone winning any.

Good to see teams like Brisbane and Melbourne can play first year mids in their team but Freo’s list is so strong we can’t find a spot for Johnson or Erasmus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes exactly

Johnson looked slick in the intras. Both Banners and Hughes looked ordinary. Just play them. They'll learn more than playing scratchies for the next few weeks for Peel.

We will be stronger for it in the near future

Good to see teams like Brisbane and Melbourne can play first year mids in their team but Freo’s list is so strong we can’t find a spot for Johnson or Erasmus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember many people were adamant that getting JOM would not keep out Ras or Johno... They aren't getting looks unless someone gets injured. JOM is a solid player and will be good for us but he's 29 and I can't see him playing in a premiership in 2+ years time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back