Prediction Changes: Round 2 Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember many people were adamant that getting JOM would not keep out Ras or Johno... They aren't getting looks unless someone gets injured. JOM is a solid player and will be good for us but he's 29 and I can't see him playing in a premiership in 2+ years time.

Deeper than that too.

The year before we lost Cerra, added Brodie, Erasmus and Johnson. The next year we lost Mundy, added O'Meara, moved Fyfe out of the middle even though he was absent the year before.

We are arguably in the same position now that we were last year regarding two extra high draft cost mids.

Does anyone think the club moderates posts on the Facebook page? Can only see positive comments about Banfield's selection.

If that's the source of social media truth then there'll be absolutely no pressure on the club to change their strategy..
When they announced banfield was in for the lions game he was copping a heap of abuse in the Insta comments.

I hated his selection but I felt obliged to comment some words of support. Then he went and kicked 4. Maybe he just needs some positive reinforcement

When they announced banfield was in for the lions game he was copping a heap of abuse in the Insta comments.

I hated his selection but I felt obliged to comment some words of support. Then he went and kicked 4. Maybe he just needs some positive reinforcement

I don't hate him or any player

I am just baffled as to why he gets a game after coming on an having zero impact last week

Well clearly it's not sinking in, or registering with them. Or maybe they just don't care, you can't seriously tell me that team they put forward last night looks like a team that will go close to playing finals, let alone winning any.

I'd be much more concerned if the club let their policy be dictated by the whims of emotional fans who have no idea what goes on behind closed doors tbh.

I don't hate him or any player

I am just baffled as to why he gets a game after coming on an having zero impact last week
I just can’t understand how we have a fully healthy list and banfield makes the 22. At least with Hughes he’s apparently a winger and there’s not as much competition for his spot. But there is no explanation for banfield at all. Walters, Sturt, Amiss, Treacy all should be playing ahead of him.

Yes, but is Banners and Hughes best 22. We all know they aren't
When Banfield kicks 2.3 and has five tackles in our stunning 27 point triumph over last years wooden spooners tomorrow, this board will be flooded by people having a laugh at all the 'emotional' posters that got it wrong this week.
They're so clever, these unemotional people.

Looks in absolutely shithouse condition

I really don't get why these stadiums are scheduling concerts so close to footy season. That really is not safe.

When Banfield kicks 2.3 and has five tackles in our stunning 27 point triumph over last years wooden spooners tomorrow, this board will be flooded by people having a laugh at all the 'emotional' posters that got it wrong this week.
They're so clever, these unemotional people.
Hey, not a bad result. 👍

Good to see teams like Brisbane and Melbourne can play first year mids in their team but Freo’s list is so strong we can’t find a spot for Johnson or Erasmus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You mean the teams with an average of 120 games experience to our 85? The melbourne team with a grand total of 3 players under 50 games?

and I’m pretty sure we’d be playing Ashcroft if we Had him too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Optus would get more revenue from one music concert than they would from one H&A game

I know that but if a player were to get injured on that field, Optus (and the AFL) would probably be opening themselves up to legal action for providing an unsafe workspace.

Lol at the dopey Roos fan conspiracy that Freo have set them up with this sub-standard surface while we must somehow be playing on a pristine oval next door

All the spoons , scandals and upheaval have lobotomised them

The comments on here are hilarious 🤣😂 Saying they hope we lose just to prove their opinion is validated. Armchair critics thinking they know best. 😂🤣😂

So if those so called players are included and we still lose the excuse is we were never good enough and at least they played them lol

Given where his current team is then you're probably on to something but the overall suggestion that he doesn't change gameplans for specific opponents isn't accurate, its his strength. 2008 GF, every time he played us at our peak, Geelong games etc are all examples of him regularly doing it. All had amended gameplans targeted at the opponent. But you're right, that's a different setup to his Roos team at the moment so maybe he won't.

I could be that they're not looking for wins so much and instead may be driving on field culture and things like that so he might not. I'd be surprised if he didn't try to force us to slow down the way Lyon did. I also hope he does so we get to redeem ourselves immediately (somewhat).

If Banfield does not kick at least two goals I am running down the Bourke St Mall at midday on Sunday with nothing on except a North Melbourne codpiece.
think you've taken away the incentive

Does anyone think the club moderates posts on the Facebook page? Can only see positive comments about Banfield's selection.

If that's the source of social media truth then there'll be absolutely no pressure on the club to change their strategy..
There is some horrid and personal s**t that gets posted on the socials and much of it you wouldn’t want the players reading

I'd be much more concerned if the club let their policy be dictated by the whims of emotional fans who have no idea what goes on behind closed doors tbh.
The club has set a tone for that previously. In fact most clubs do when it comes to letting coaches go. However, I agree with you, they should not be dictated to by fans when it comes to selection.

The flip side is it allows greater responsibility and accountability on the MC and coaching team. We have two First rounders and a pick 19 who can't get a game. On top of that we have Sturt who is a medium forward with athleticism who cannot get into the team. If Sturt doesn't get playing time this year he should leave. We need to see if he can perform at the level. There have been glimpses, on debut for example. He would need a solid 7-10 week block of games.

Development wise we need Amiss, Ras and Johnson to play 10+ games this year if we see them as part of the long term plan for sustained success. It is round 2. The challenge will be that we should win today and ideally will be 5-1 after round 6. If we are winning and there are no injuries Banfield would have to play terribly for us to bring in one of the young guys.

The other side of it is the consideration that it would be better to play these guys against some of the lower ranked teams to build confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back