Strategy Changes v Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not necessarily. Remember Stringer's out so if Red is out too, it's basically Cloke and a bunch of midfielders as our forward line.
Stringer isn't much threat overhead, he plays a similar role as Dickson really. Leading / crumbing forward. Not sure we can play both Red & Cloke in the forwardline as neither have much agility so the opposition rebounders would love it. Red looked poor last week as well.

Stringer isn't much threat overhead, he plays a similar role as Dickson really. Leading / crumbing forward. Not sure we can play both Red & Cloke in the forwardline as neither have much agility so the opposition rebounders would love it. Red looked poor last week as well.
If so I'm certainly not looking forward to watching Bontempelli in the ruck against Witts and Wright.

I'm on record as muchhhhhh prefering Red to Cloke, and still do. But if we're going to continue to frustratingly bomb the ball in high and long then Cloke is probably a marginally better option. If we finally decide to lower our eyes and hit up leading targets Red is the best option by a mile. Wouldn't play both in Cairns

If so I'm certainly not looking forward to watching Bontempelli in the ruck against Witts and Wright.
Cloke has played relief ruck before - and we had Red in the team last week when we threw Bonti into the ruck

Cloke has played relief ruck before - and we had Red in the team last week when we threw Bonti into the ruck
That's the thing, if Red doesn't play and Cloke goes into the ruck who on earth are we kicking to? Picken at full forward?

That's the thing, if Red doesn't play and Cloke goes into the ruck who on earth are we kicking to? Picken at full forward?
Roughy?
It's only likely to be for 5 minutes per quarter - I'd rather plan for the majority of time rather than the minority. We only played one tall forward last week

Roughy?
It's only likely to be for 5 minutes per quarter - I'd rather plan for the majority of time rather than the minority. We only played one tall forward last week
If Red is fit I just think we need to play both. Playing a one tall forward line has and will continue to get us nowhere.

I'm on record as muchhhhhh prefering Red to Cloke, and still do. But if we're going to continue to frustratingly bomb the ball in high and long then Cloke is probably a marginally better option. If we finally decide to lower our eyes and hit up leading targets Red is the best option by a mile. Wouldn't play both in Cairns

Choosing between Red and Cloke is much like choosing whether you'd prefer a punch in the mouth or a punch in the nose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It could just be a tactic by Beveridge to isolate Clokey in the goal square at Whitten Oval and back him in to kick 1,714.3 km sausage rolls from the Whitten Oval to Metricon Stadium via the M31 and Pacific Highway.

In: Easton Wood for Jake S.

Would prefer Travis Cloke to big Jack Redpath, but apparently that's not to be. We need Trav in form if we are to have much chance in the Finals. I suspect that Trav's best of 5 to 6 years ago could return if we could get his head right.

I am worried by Gold Coat's tall forwards. We can't afford to drop this match. I wish we had Fletcher Roberts playing and in form.

I've settled on Wood for Murphy (rested), Dickson for Stringer (injured).
Cloke only if Redpath didn't come up, but AFL site says Cloke didn't travel with the team (unless we sneakily sent him up last night or something) and Dickson has travelled.

Yeah Red looked really bad on the weekend, no pace, lacked aggression and had the turning circle of a Mack truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back