Preview Changes v the ALL CONQUERING MIGHTY DEMONS !

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting in early on this one.

The Simpsons GIF

The Washington Generals would have a better chance of winning. In a twist, the AFL are going announce a combined team on Thursday night made up of the best of our available list and theirs. They're going to call it "Melbourne".

Out- Mahoney, atu, perez, Taylor
In: jfh, greenwood, simpkin, hall

Hayden or Walker out if McKays back. Those first two outs a guarantee, while the next two either need a week off or game in the vfl to get some confidence back

Out: Mahoney, Atu, Perez, Hayden
In: Greenwood, McGuinness, JHF, Simpkin

FB: Turner - Corr - McGuinness
HB: Scott - Walker - Young
C: McDonald - LDU - Thomas
HF: JHF - Larkey - Stephenson
FF: Curtis - Zurhaar - Ziebell
R: Goldstein - Simpkin - Anderson
Int: Powell - Greenwood - CCJ - Taylor

Nothing we do will matter

The Dees haven't lost in forever. We aren't about to break that streak. Luke Darcy or Dwayne Russell or whatever gimp is commentating will make reference to Jake Bowey still not having played in a loss by this time next week

I only really care about seeing more of what we saw today. Lots of pressure, smart ball use and hopefully better kicking in front of goal. The midfield should look better with Simpkin and JHF back. I wouldn't be dropping Powell off today's effort. Hayden will probably keep his spot. If we had players to come back then Mahony and Perez would likely be under threat

Getting in early on this one.

The Simpsons GIF

The Washington Generals would have a better chance of winning. In a twist, the AFL are going announce a combined team on Thursday night made up of the best of our available list and theirs. They're going to call it "Melbourne".
It's extraordinary that it has come to this after we beat them in Hobart in that final game of 2019.

Unless they go easy on us, our infamous Fitzroy defeat of '83 is in danger and BBB will beat his 10 goal haul.

Melbourne could absolutely do us the biggest favour ever next week and put the foot on the throat and deliver a performance that will see the end of Noble.

This could be the same as what Geelong did to Neeld’s Melbourne? If so let’s hope it results in what happened to Neeld.
That was Bailey's Melbourne in 2011. In a sense, that game resulted in Melbourne bringing in Neeld, which is categorically not the result I'm after...

Nothing we do will matter

The Dees haven't lost in forever. We aren't about to break that streak. Luke Darcy or Dwayne Russell or whatever gimp is commentating Jamie Brayshaw will make frequent references to Jake Bowey still not having played in a loss by this time next week and will be so over the top with his pro-Melbourne rhetoric that viewers will even hear the retching of BT vomiting into a bucket on the floor of the commentry booth.

FIFY

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they bring their A game this will be a 150 point margin. I think they'll ease off tho. No point going harder than you need to be. Will be satisfied with anything under 70 points

It won’t matter.

I really do question how we wound up with the fixture we have.

0 bottom 4 from last year to this point

As of next weekend all top 6 sides from last year.

We finished 18 and our fixture was built to be outclassed in basically every game except maybe round 1.

B M.McGuinness J.Walker F.Perez
HB L.McDonald A.Corr L.Young
C C.Taylor LDU T.Powell
HF J.Stephenson N.Larkey C.Zuuhuar
F P.Curtis C.Comben J.Zieball
FOLL: T.Goldstein T.Thomas J.Simpkin
INTER: CCJ, W.Phillips, J.Anderson, K.Hayden
Sub: J.Mahony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back