Preview Changes vs. Adelaide (Round 10, 2021) - Jackson, Melksham IN, Brown, Chandler OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Despite what I said below I dont and have never liked the contract, just trying to look on the bright side.

Will be especially devo if Weid is squeezed out because of it.

I really hope it is fitness holding him back, cause we can't play him as is and I'm glad Goody realised it. Weid will take his chance and run with it I reckon.

The Brown problem is all Tmacs fault for turning back into a good player and ruining our pre-season plans. Arse-hole.

Brown playing a lot like TMac last year, get him on the steaks and call TMacs PT pronto.

Brown playing a lot like TMac last year, get him on the steaks and call TMacs PT pronto.
Just tell him it's Beyond-Steak made entirely from plant proteins...

Which have then been digested, broken down into amino acids and fed back into the muscle tissue of a cow.

Just tell him it's Beyond-Steak made entirely from plant proteins...

Which have then been digested, broken down into amino acids and fed back into the muscle tissue of a cow.

He definitely looks like he needs a good steak, so weak for a big man, reminds me of Cam Newton, used to run over linebackers, went vegan, lost muscle mass, got s**t tones of injuries, career over.

He definitely looks like he needs a good steak, so weak for a big man, reminds me of Cam Newton, used to run over linebackers, went vegan, lost muscle mass, got sh*t tones of injuries, career over.

I was watching his North highlights from his 60 goal years and his best assets were his overhead marking, read of the flight of the ball and acceleration away from his man. Never really used his body but very good at finding pockets of space. The way he moved is chalk and cheese to what he's done so far this year.

I'm fine if that's what we get from him but we're not at the moment so happy to let him get his fitness back in the reserves.

I saw one example from 2018 of a one on one contest where he was able to throw his man aside and I'll let you guess which key defender he was playing on that day.

I was watching his North highlights from his 60 goal years and his best assets were his overhead marking, read of the flight of the ball and acceleration away from his man. Never really used his body but very good at finding pockets of space. The way he moved is chalk and cheese to what he's done so far this year.

I'm fine if that's what we get from him but we're not at the moment so happy to let him get his fitness back in the reserves.

I saw one example from 2018 of a one on one contest where he was able to throw his man aside and I'll let you guess which Key Defender he was playing on that day.

OMac?

I understand why solariums are no longer a thing, but Ben Brown needs to give one a go. White people say he's really white.

Disagree. If he oils his arms up when the sun is shining the reflection off his skin could blind defenders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn’t drop BBB. He’s a focal point, a big strong body that takes the #1 defender, an accurate kick and brings the ball to ground. Exactly what Melb has been missing since Hogan left. Weide is better as the #2/#3 forward.

Melksham is genuinely a waste of space. We’re going in with 21 men. Rather have BBB there than him. Doesn’t matter that they’re different players. Replacing a spectator with a player :)
Did you put Brown in your sc side?
Brown's been ok but Tmac and Jackson are in full beast mode.
Plus, as s**t as Jake is now, he can still easily top Chandlers performance last week.

Cerra and Josh Kelly available potentially, we got Brown on 600k 😔
I want Josh Kelly so bad at the dees. He would dominate so hard. Club should approach him and ask if he wants a shitload of money at GWS or North, or whether he wants to win 3 Norm Smith's and be regarded as one of the best ever.

Did you put Brown in your sc side?
Brown's been ok but Tmac and Jackson are in full beast mode.
Plus, as sh*t as Jake is now, he can still easily top Chandlers performance last week.

If you're going to drop Chandler after one game for a guy who's form didn't warrant selection a fortnight ago its pretty stupid it must be said.

If KC was going to be dropped I'd have preferred it to be for someone like Toby Bedford.

Pretty amazing that a season and a half ago we were using Petty as a KPF as we had no depth in our talls up front with TMac, Weid and Tim Smith all injured, having traded away Hogan.

This season we have Weid, TMac, Jackson, Brown x2, Daw - and none of them injured at present.

This BBB revisionism is boring.

Tmac was on the trade table for literal penauts because he hadn't fired a shot in 2 years. Weid struggled at the back end of 2020 because he was getting the No.1 defender and needed some support. Dogga was looking very promising but had spent the last few months out with a bad hamstring and was still 19.

Weid needed support up forward and Tmac looked like a 1/50 chance of providing it. Bringing BBB in for essentially what we got for Preuss picks wise was a good deal. The fact that LJ has kicked on massively and Tmac has regained his 2018 form are huge positives, but we couldn't have gone into 2021 with where we were at list wise and sat on our hands and not picked up a tall forward.

Writing BBB off 3 games into his MFC career is stupid. Yes, he looks bad when we sit it on his head. Yes, he's struggled to time his marking (as a key forward this is the most difficult thing to get back if you're out of form). Yes, it's time to give Weid a go given his form and where we are at as a team. Yes, BBB is a vegan.

Feel for M.Brown , no matter how good he goes at Casey he is like 5th in line to get a run as a forward in the firsts .Maybe they should see how he goes down back .

Feel for M.Brown , no matter how good he goes at Casey he is like 5th in line to get a run as a forward in the firsts .Maybe they should see how he goes down back .
This is going to sounds strange but I think there’s real consideration in ensuring that Casey play finals too. Only the top 6 play finals this year, right now only the Dogs, Geelong and us in the 6 - Brisbane, Richmond and Sydney all out. Port are on the edge in the SANFL and West Coast will probably miss in the WAFL. Having Casey play all the way to the GF is invaluable for fitness and firepower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back