Prediction Changes vs Brisbane

If we add one midfielder to replace Thommo, who would you prefer out of:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Knight will definitely be back next week. After 2 lots of surgery, he rejoined the main training group this week. He's been training privately, he's fit and he's ready to make an impact. Depending on form in the sanfl over the next few weeks and need at the AFL levels, he's still a real chance for the finals.
Thanks Riley. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Thanks Riley.

Thought that myself. "RMK3", he didn't even really try and hide it :D. I remember one of the coaches mentioning that they advise the players to steer clear of these kind of forums. Which suggests to me that they're obviously aware of them, whether they can completely ignore them and the more traditional methods of getting hacked on is another matter. Footballers often say they don't read the papers and the only opinion that matters is the coach. I know that on the very rare occasions that I've had a big night and I post on here, it takes me a fair while to head back into the threads to find out how other posters have rated my 'performance'. So, based on that, I doubt Mackay would bother to drop by for a look, but well performed footballers would have nothing to fear.

Thought that myself. "RMK3", he didn't even really try and hide it :D. I remember one of the coaches mentioning that they advise the players to steer clear of these kind of forums. Which suggests to me that they're obviously aware of them, whether they can completely ignore them and the more traditional methods of getting hacked on is another matter. Footballers often say they don't read the papers and the only opinion that matters is the coach. I know that on the very rare occasions that I've had a big night and I post on here, it takes me a fair while to head back into the threads to find out how other posters have rated my 'performance'. So, based on that, I doubt Mackay would bother to drop by for a look, but well performed footballers would have nothing to fear.
I'm just curious about what the M stands for??

Maybe we're wrong and the player knocked over by the football and brutalised by 70kg schoolkid Darcy Parish actually lays bone crunching tackles when we're not watching
here's a very typical example of a Mackay tackle, notice his victim is still trying to decide if he wants to handball, kick, or just drag him along for a few metres.

Attachments

• clinton-young-of-the-magpies-gets-tackled-by-david-mckay-of-the-crows-picture-id173337912.jpeg
    clinton-young-of-the-magpies-gets-tackled-by-david-mckay-of-the-crows-picture-id173337912.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 9
I think its a pretty interesting midfield group we will be lining up with:

Sloane: competitive beast, inside and outside, goal kicker
Lyons: clean hands, great vision, goal kicker
Mcrouch: tough and dirty primary extractor
Brouch: elite talent, great in traffic, quick hands and breakaway speed
Cey: big bodied athletic midfielder, good hands, strong body, has time and composure

The one glaring component I see missing is elite disposal by foot.

Elite disposal by foot is not important for midfielders. How can it be. Paddy is the best player in the league (apparently) - he is a god amongst mortals when it comes to the midfield - he has already won the Brownlow - every coach wants him in their team - and he is anything but elite with his feet.

Not convinced that is a certainty. He's a known aerobic animal and I'm sure would have been working his ass off waiting for the all clear to start running again. Depending on his injury, he may have been running in straight lines for a few weeks. He could come to hand pretty quickly and provide an option if form or injury necessitate in a couple of weeks. It won't be easy, because at present he would need to push past all 3 of Mackay, Seed and Hendo for a wing type role or dislodge Dougie if his form was to ever be held to account. But, if we drop an insider and it opens up another spot plus any of those 4 are injured, he might very well be right in the mix. Genuine footballers with fit and fresh bodies are not to be sneezed at come September.

Maybe. My view was coloured by his dreadful performance when brought in this year. It's the form, rather than the fitness that worries me: I think he needs to have shown a number of weeks knocking the door down in the twos, to be offered another chance, and the number of games left is very small.

I reckon Menzel would be more likely, even given his concussion.

It would be worth comparing that to our AFL mids. Off the top of my head they run at about 70% effective. You'd expect most handballs to be effective, so on average you'd be expecting efficiency by foot to be running around the 40% mark. Actually, I've got a bit of time. I'm assuming all players are 90% effective by hand. Effective kicking % based on that assumption;

eff kick % contested %
Kyle Cheney 75.9% 34%
Nathan Van Berlo 75.4% 31%
Rory Laird 72.2% 33%
Luke Brown 70.9% 31%
Josh Jenkins 69.6% 48%
Daniel Talia 69.2% 35%
Jake Lever 68.4% 35%
Ricky Henderson 68.0% 28%
Paul Seedsman 67.2% 24%
Kyle Hartigan 66.9% 33%
Wayne Milera 65.3% 39%
Taylor Walker 64.5% 43%
Brodie Smith 63.6% 26%
Mitch McGovern 62.0% 45%
Rory Atkins 60.8% 32%
Eddie Betts 60.8% 52%
Richard Douglas 57.7% 43%
Charlie Cameron 54.7% 46%
Tom Lynch 54.5% 40%
Jarryd Lyons 51.1% 49%
David Mackay 50.7% 35%
Sam Jacobs 47.8% 41%
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 46.8% 57% ***2015****
Rory Sloane 43.1% 52%
Matt Crouch 41.0% 46%
Scott Thompson 36.8% 45%
Brad Crouch 32.8% 48%

Nothing unexpected there. Defenders always run the highest disposal efficiency and then the pressure and available space gets less, making it much harder to execute as you get closer to your own goals. Then there's the inside midfielders who are almost always working where there's little time and space. I don't think there'd be many outliers who are either that good or poor by hand that they're not correctly positioned in that table. In essence, if you think someone goes at 100% by hand, then drop them down a spot on that list and if you think they're really poor by hand, then push them up a bit. Gut feel is that Mackay might be a bit of an outlier, I reckon he butchers more handballs than most, so he'd probably lob somewhere between Dougie and CC for kicking.

Of course, someone here probably has access to actual kicking efficiency stats and will post them somewhere.

Oh, and back to the point, I doubt CEY's kicking is a problem. I'm continued to be surprised that people want to judge him from the little of the SANFL they see when he played 11 games at AFL level last year and his kicking never looked overly poor at any time.

Seeing those numbers, it would be remiss of me to not highlight that the most obvious outlier. In the lower band for effective kicking rate, but also in the bottom 3rd for contested possessions.

The next table is is very simple and a stats guru can tell me why it is meaningless, I'm sure it's to do with using ratios to form a whole number. Anyway, my presumption is that on average the less the amount of contested possessions, the higher the efficiency, so broadly, if shown seperately the orders should reverse when shown from highest to lowest. Which made me think, what if there's a player with high contested numbers but also high efficiency, wouldn't they be pretty good. So, being a simpleton when it comes to such matters, I decided to add the numbers together, multiply by 100 for readability sake and re-sort giving me a rating for something. Does it mean anything, I highly doubt it. It still leaves the inside mids largely towards the bottom, but a few shifting around the place. I like that Mackay is down the bottom in what I'm now coining his "pressure kick rating".

Josh Jenkins 118
Eddie Betts 113
Kyle Cheney 110
Taylor Walker 108
Mitch McGovern 107
Nathan Van Berlo 106
Rory Laird 105
Daniel Talia 105
Wayne Milera 104
Jake Lever 104
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 104
Luke Brown 102
Jarryd Lyons 100
Richard Douglas 100
Charlie Cameron 100
Kyle Hartigan 100
Ricky Henderson 96
Rory Sloane 95
Tom Lynch 94
Rory Atkins 93
Paul Seedsman 92
Brodie Smith 90
Sam Jacobs 89
Matt Crouch 87
David Mackay 86
Scott Thompson 82
Brad Crouch 80

Obviously, this is coffee talking because it builds as I go. Above is just kicking, so what happens when we just take into account all contested possessions. The table is a bit different, because it disperses players all over the place, but what is really odd is that an entire group of player type all exist at the bottom of the table.

Cam Ellis-Yolmen 124
Josh Jenkins 124
Eddie Betts 122
Rory Sloane 120
Mitch McGovern 119
Jarryd Lyons 117
Matt Crouch 116
Kyle Cheney 116
Taylor Walker 115
Wayne Milera 115
Rory Laird 114
Richard Douglas 114
Daniel Talia 113
Brad Crouch 112
Charlie Cameron 112
Nathan Van Berlo 111
Jake Lever 111
Scott Thompson 111
Kyle Hartigan 110
Luke Brown 109
Tom Lynch 109
Sam Jacobs 108
Rory Atkins 106
Ricky Henderson 106
David Mackay 103
Paul Seedsman 101
Brodie Smith 100

So I guess the value of the bottom 5 is what they bring when they've got the ball on the outside. So here's the rating using uncontested possessions and effective disposals. Seed goes to the top, which isn't surprising and we see the other 4 all move up towards the top and our inside head back towards the bottom. I guess explaining why they're inside, because even when they get outside, they're not that good with ball in hand.

Paul Seedsman 153
Kyle Cheney 151
Nathan Van Berlo 150
Rory Laird 149
Luke Brown 147
Brodie Smith 144
Kyle Hartigan 143
Ricky Henderson 143
Rory Atkins 143
Daniel Talia 142
Jake Lever 141
Wayne Milera 140
David Mackay 135
Taylor Walker 131
Richard Douglas 131
Mitch McGovern 131
Tom Lynch 130
Josh Jenkins 130
Charlie Cameron 125
Sam Jacobs 125
Matt Crouch 125
Jarryd Lyons 121
Scott Thompson 119
Brad Crouch 117
Rory Sloane 116
Eddie Betts 115
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 113

What a waste of 2 hours, I got to work at 4.30am because I woke up at 3.30am and couldn't get to sleep and I've just wasted my time doing that.

Anyway, Mackay seems to be at the bottom in just about every table, so I'm confident there's something legitimate to be taken from them.

What dedication! :)

I spent 20 wasted minutes on google last night trying to find out. Like most I thought it was obvious as to who was posting.

Well, if it is Riley, he's a champ, and I hope he can get himself up and running and make a late charge for finals.

He's a little gun - and he thrives under pressure. Just what we need.

WW, I've never seen someone be wrong so many times yet keep coming back for more. Like a little dog at a tennis ball.

There is no "list" and emergencies, traveling and not only tell you where things are at that round, not long term. The emergencies are strategic.

Can we stop with the last in first out crap and best 22?

To support your position Pyke has gone on record saying he does not have a best 22

It would be worth comparing that to our AFL mids. Off the top of my head they run at about 70% effective. You'd expect most handballs to be effective, so on average you'd be expecting efficiency by foot to be running around the 40% mark. Actually, I've got a bit of time. I'm assuming all players are 90% effective by hand. Effective kicking % based on that assumption;

eff kick % contested %
Kyle Cheney 75.9% 34%
Rory Laird 72.2% 33%
Luke Brown 70.9% 31%
Josh Jenkins 69.6% 48%
Daniel Talia 69.2% 35%
Jake Lever 68.4% 35%
Paul Seedsman 67.2% 24%
Kyle Hartigan 66.9% 33%
Wayne Milera 65.3% 39%
Taylor Walker 64.5% 43%
Brodie Smith 63.6% 26%
Mitch McGovern 62.0% 45%
Rory Atkins 60.8% 32%
Eddie Betts 60.8% 52%
Tom Lynch 54.5% 40%
Jarryd Lyons 51.1% 49%
David Mackay 50.7% 35%
Sam Jacobs 47.8% 41%
Rory Sloane 43.1% 52%
Matt Crouch 41.0% 46%
Scott Thompson 36.8% 45%
Brad Crouch 32.8% 48%

Nothing unexpected there. Defenders always run the highest disposal efficiency and then the pressure and available space gets less, making it much harder to execute as you get closer to your own goals. Then there's the inside midfielders who are almost always working where there's little time and space. I don't think there'd be many outliers who are either that good or poor by hand that they're not correctly positioned in that table. In essence, if you think someone goes at 100% by hand, then drop them down a spot on that list and if you think they're really poor by hand, then push them up a bit. Gut feel is that Mackay might be a bit of an outlier, I reckon he butchers more handballs than most, so he'd probably lob somewhere between Dougie and CC for kicking.

Of course, someone here probably has access to actual kicking efficiency stats and will post them somewhere.

Oh, and back to the point, I doubt CEY's kicking is a problem. I'm continued to be surprised that people want to judge him from the little of the SANFL they see when he played 11 games at AFL level last year and his kicking never looked overly poor at any time.

Seeing those numbers, it would be remiss of me to not highlight that the most obvious outlier. In the lower band for effective kicking rate, but also in the bottom 3rd for contested possessions.

The next table is is very simple and a stats guru can tell me why it is meaningless, I'm sure it's to do with using ratios to form a whole number. Anyway, my presumption is that on average the less the amount of contested possessions, the higher the efficiency, so broadly, if shown seperately the orders should reverse when shown from highest to lowest. Which made me think, what if there's a player with high contested numbers but also high efficiency, wouldn't they be pretty good. So, being a simpleton when it comes to such matters, I decided to add the numbers together, multiply by 100 for readability sake and re-sort giving me a rating for something. Does it mean anything, I highly doubt it. It still leaves the inside mids largely towards the bottom, but a few shifting around the place. I like that Mackay is down the bottom in what I'm now coining his "pressure kick rating".

Josh Jenkins 118
Eddie Betts 113
Kyle Cheney 110
Taylor Walker 108
Mitch McGovern 107
Nathan Van Berlo 106
Rory Laird 105
Daniel Talia 105
Wayne Milera 104
Jake Lever 104
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 104
Luke Brown 102
Jarryd Lyons 100
Richard Douglas 100
Charlie Cameron 100
Kyle Hartigan 100
Ricky Henderson 96
Rory Sloane 95
Tom Lynch 94
Rory Atkins 93
Paul Seedsman 92
Brodie Smith 90
Sam Jacobs 89
Matt Crouch 87
David Mackay 86
Scott Thompson 82
Brad Crouch 80

Obviously, this is coffee talking because it builds as I go. Above is just kicking, so what happens when we just take into account all contested possessions. The table is a bit different, because it disperses players all over the place, but what is really odd is that an entire group of player type all exist at the bottom of the table.

Cam Ellis-Yolmen 124
Josh Jenkins 124
Eddie Betts 122
Rory Sloane 120
Mitch McGovern 119
Jarryd Lyons 117
Matt Crouch 116
Kyle Cheney 116
Taylor Walker 115
Wayne Milera 115
Rory Laird 114
Richard Douglas 114
Daniel Talia 113
Brad Crouch 112
Charlie Cameron 112
Nathan Van Berlo 111
Jake Lever 111
Scott Thompson 111
Kyle Hartigan 110
Luke Brown 109
Tom Lynch 109
Sam Jacobs 108
Rory Atkins 106
Ricky Henderson 106
David Mackay 103
Paul Seedsman 101
Brodie Smith 100

So I guess the value of the bottom 5 is what they bring when they've got the ball on the outside. So here's the rating using uncontested possessions and effective disposals. Seed goes to the top, which isn't surprising and we see the other 4 all move up towards the top and our inside head back towards the bottom. I guess explaining why they're inside, because even when they get outside, they're not that good with ball in hand.

Paul Seedsman 153
Kyle Cheney 151
Nathan Van Berlo 150
Rory Laird 149
Luke Brown 147
Brodie Smith 144
Kyle Hartigan 143
Ricky Henderson 143
Rory Atkins 143
Daniel Talia 142
Jake Lever 141
Wayne Milera 140
David Mackay 135
Taylor Walker 131
Richard Douglas 131
Mitch McGovern 131
Tom Lynch 130
Josh Jenkins 130
Charlie Cameron 125
Sam Jacobs 125
Matt Crouch 125
Jarryd Lyons 121
Scott Thompson 119
Brad Crouch 117
Rory Sloane 116
Eddie Betts 115
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 113

What a waste of 2 hours, I got to work at 4.30am because I woke up at 3.30am and couldn't get to sleep and I've just wasted my time doing that.

Anyway, Mackay seems to be at the bottom in just about every table, so I'm confident there's something legitimate to be taken from them.

This is excellent analysis.

On Seedsman, it fits with what I was saying the other day. For an outside player with good disposal, he also has a surprisingly good tackling rate, and has good conversion of pressure acts into tackles. He's well above our other wingmen in this regard

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish Smith had that weapon. Seedsman kicks goals from that range. Smith bombs away, makes the distance, but struggles to kick it between the big sticks.
Smith hits them on the run pretty regularly. Never seems to slot a set shot though for some reason.

eff kick % contested %
Kyle Cheney 75.9% 34%
Rory Laird 72.2% 33%
Luke Brown 70.9% 31%
Josh Jenkins 69.6% 48%
Daniel Talia 69.2% 35%
Jake Lever 68.4% 35%
Paul Seedsman 67.2% 24%
Kyle Hartigan 66.9% 33%
Wayne Milera 65.3% 39%
Taylor Walker 64.5% 43%
Brodie Smith 63.6% 26%
Mitch McGovern 62.0% 45%
Rory Atkins 60.8% 32%
Eddie Betts 60.8% 52%
Tom Lynch 54.5% 40%
Jarryd Lyons 51.1% 49%
David Mackay 50.7% 35%
Sam Jacobs 47.8% 41%
Rory Sloane 43.1% 52%
Matt Crouch 41.0% 46%
Scott Thompson 36.8% 45%
Brad Crouch 32.8% 48%

Josh Jenkins 118
Eddie Betts 113
Kyle Cheney 110
Taylor Walker 108
Mitch McGovern 107
Nathan Van Berlo 106
Rory Laird 105
Daniel Talia 105
Wayne Milera 104
Jake Lever 104
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 104
Luke Brown 102
Jarryd Lyons 100
Richard Douglas 100
Charlie Cameron 100
Kyle Hartigan 100
Ricky Henderson 96
Rory Sloane 95
Tom Lynch 94
Rory Atkins 93
Paul Seedsman 92
Brodie Smith 90
Sam Jacobs 89
Matt Crouch 87
David Mackay 86
Scott Thompson 82
Brad Crouch 80

Cam Ellis-Yolmen 124
Josh Jenkins 124
Eddie Betts 122
Rory Sloane 120
Mitch McGovern 119
Jarryd Lyons 117
Matt Crouch 116
Kyle Cheney 116
Taylor Walker 115
Wayne Milera 115
Rory Laird 114
Richard Douglas 114
Daniel Talia 113
Brad Crouch 112
Charlie Cameron 112
Nathan Van Berlo 111
Jake Lever 111
Scott Thompson 111
Kyle Hartigan 110
Luke Brown 109
Tom Lynch 109
Sam Jacobs 108
Rory Atkins 106
Ricky Henderson 106
David Mackay 103
Paul Seedsman 101
Brodie Smith 100

Paul Seedsman 153
Kyle Cheney 151
Nathan Van Berlo 150
Rory Laird 149
Luke Brown 147
Brodie Smith 144
Kyle Hartigan 143
Ricky Henderson 143
Rory Atkins 143
Daniel Talia 142
Jake Lever 141
Wayne Milera 140
David Mackay 135
Taylor Walker 131
Richard Douglas 131
Mitch McGovern 131
Tom Lynch 130
Josh Jenkins 130
Charlie Cameron 125
Sam Jacobs 125
Matt Crouch 125
Jarryd Lyons 121
Scott Thompson 119
Brad Crouch 117
Rory Sloane 116
Eddie Betts 115
Cam Ellis-Yolmen 113

Good work expect I fail to understand why you did it, I have to admit The last two SANFL game I have not attended Round 17 I was at Geelong, and Last week I was at Adelaide oval But I have been to most Crows SANFL game since 2014, barring the odd trip interstate and time clashes.
I was using the SANFL stats to highlight his kicking is not the best. When added to the games I have viewed including the replay of the Port game his kicking Uncontested needs work his decision making with the Kicks when not pressured need work
As for Last year suggest you go back and look at his games he was good for new kid on the block but averaging 16 disposal at 67%, And his Handballs were better than his Kicking. I sometimes think that most people forget His first 6 games he average 19 disposals His last 5 games for the AFL he average 12, What more I think some forget that the player that pushed to the outer in Matt Crouch averaged 21 disposal at 71%, And was getting better the more games he played.
CEY bugs me he has all the talent in the world but sometimes I wonder. :mad:
But anyway back to his Kicking the CEY figures I used are base on the stat breakdown from the SANFL stats recorded by Champion data, And yes I got it wrong he has only hit 90% handball in 2 of his last 5 game . Here a snap shot. Make your own judgement does he need to improve or is he OK Over to you. :)
Last couple of weeks KE effective, KI ineffective, KC clangers H handballs.
Port, K 18 for KE 10 -KI 7 -KC 1 55.5%, H 16 for HE 12 -HI 4 75%, T 6, CP 21 UP 15
Eagles K 9 for KE 2 -KI 5 -KC 2 22%, H 21 for HE 20 -HI 1 95%, T 2, CP 15 UP 16
Glenelg K 17 for KE 9 -KI 5 -KC 3 47%, H 15 for HE 12 -HI 3 80%, T 5, CP 16 UP 17
Sturt K 17 for KE 9 -KI 6 -KC 2 52%, H 12 for HE 8 -HI 3 -HC 1 66%, T 3 , CP 17 UP 12
North K 15 for KE 7 -KI 6 -KC 2 46%, H 12 for HE 11 -HI 1 90%, T 6 , CP 11 UP 16

I will add that if he picks up on his kicking disposal and his defensive game he will replace McKay or Atkins in the side for the Finals As he can play more than one position.

Last edited:
Smith hits them on the run pretty regularly. Never seems to slot a set shot though for some reason.
He hit a few early in the season, but they dried up a fair while ago. His last goal was in R9, against Gold Coast. Since then he's kicked 7 straight behinds. Note that includes set shots and running shots. Most of his shots do seem to be from outside 50, but even so - 0% accuracy over a 3-month window is a little bit disturbing.

He hit a few early in the season, but they dried up a fair while ago. His last goal was in R9, against Gold Coast. Since then he's kicked 7 straight behinds. Note that includes set shots and running shots. Most of his shots do seem to be from outside 50, but even so - 0% accuracy over a 3-month window is a little bit disturbing.
Strange isn't it .....talking with one's self :p

Good work expect I fail to understand why you did it, I have to admit The last two SANFL game I have not attended Round 17 I was at Geelong, and Last week I was at Adelaide oval But I have been to most Crows SANFL game since 2014, barring the odd trip interstate and time clashes.
I was using the SANFL stats to highlight his kicking is not the best. When added to the games I have viewed including the replay of the Port game his kicking Uncontested needs work his decision making with the Kicks when not pressured need work
As for Last year suggest you go back and look at his games he was good for new kid on the block but averaging 16 disposal at 67%, And his Handballs were better than his Kicking. I sometimes think that most people forget His first 6 games he average 19 disposals His last 5 games for the AFL he average 12, What more I think some forget that the player that pushed to the outer in Matt Crouch averaged 21 disposal at 71%, And was getting better the more games he played.
CEY bugs me he has all the talent in the world but sometimes I wonder. :mad:
But anyway back to his Kicking the CEY figures I used are base on the stat breakdown from the SANFL stats recorded by Champion data, And yes I got it wrong he has only hit 90% handball in 2 of his last 5 game . Here a snap shot. Make your own judgement does he need to improve or is he OK Over to you. :)
Last couple of weeks KE effective, KI ineffective, KC clangers H handballs.
Port, K 18 for KE 10 -KI 7 -KC 1 55.5%, H 16 for HE 12 -HI 4 75%, T 6, CP 21 UP 15
Eagles K 9 for KE 2 -KI 5 -KC 2 22%, H 21 for HE 20 -HI 1 95%, T 2, CP 15 UP 16
Glenelg K 17 for KE 9 -KI 5 -KC 3 47%, H 15 for HE 12 -HI 3 80%, T 5, CP 16 UP 17
Sturt K 17 for KE 9 -KI 6 -KC 2 52%, H 12 for HE 8 -HI 3 -HC 1 66%, T 3 , CP 17 UP 12
North K 15 for KE 7 -KI 6 -KC 2 46%, H 12 for HE 11 -HI 1 90%, T 6 , CP 11 UP 16

I will add that if he picks up on his kicking disposal and his defensive game he will replace McKay or Atkins in the side for the Finals As he can play more than one position.

I did it only because prior to this year I've not had the luxury of seeing CEY outside of NAB matches, except for the games he played at AFL level early last year. Prior to his string of AFL games there was a pretty decent knock on his kicking. At AFL level his kicking seemed fine. Then he goes back to the SANFL and his kicking turns to s**t again. This is something that peaks a normal person's interest. So I thought I'd see how his kicking efficiency stacked up against his inside brethren. And then, as described, caffeine and my natural tendency to avoid actual work took over and the result was the post in question. It's important to remember that I didn't set out to achieve anything. Seeing CEY's efficiency on par with insiders satisfied my memory from the first half of last year. That Dmac was low, either absolutely or amongst his brethren, was not insignificant icing on the cake.

Anyway, after my morning of coffee and accounting work, I took the hounds for a walk, got their yearly vet check and heart worm done and then re-organised my little shed so I can work on our old cars while drinking beer. So I'm reasonably drunk off the back of a 3.30am wake up, coffee, beer, physical labour and nerry a glass of water. So whatever I post from here is going to be courtesy of being as dehydrated as a newt.

I did it only because prior to this year I've not had the luxury of seeing CEY outside of NAB matches, except for the games he played at AFL level early last year. Prior to his string of AFL games there was a pretty decent knock on his kicking. At AFL level his kicking seemed fine. Then he goes back to the SANFL and his kicking turns to s**t again. This is something that peaks a normal person's interest. So I thought I'd see how his kicking efficiency stacked up against his inside brethren. And then, as described, caffeine and my natural tendency to avoid actual work took over and the result was the post in question. It's important to remember that I didn't set out to achieve anything. Seeing CEY's efficiency on par with insiders satisfied my memory from the first half of last year. That Dmac was low, either absolutely or amongst his brethren, was not insignificant icing on the cake.

Anyway, after my morning of coffee and accounting work, I took the hounds for a walk, got their yearly vet check and heart worm done and then re-organised my little shed so I can work on our old cars while drinking beer. So I'm reasonably drunk off the back of a 3.30am wake up, coffee, beer, physical labour and nerry a glass of water. So whatever I post from here is going to be courtesy of being as dehydrated as a newt.

Tell me your cars....classics?

Tell me your cars....classics?

Classics, I'm not sure. Oldish, they are. I've had my '68 alfa 1300 junior for 25 years and we also have a '64 datsun fairlady which is pretty cool. It has the sideways facing 3rd seat. Ralph would sit in the passenger seat and I'd sit in the back holding his lead. Fun motoring. But we have not driven either for quite some time.

Back