Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not rooting against him, and certainly wasn't before he played a game. I was hoping he'd be a solution to our key defensive issues. But outside of that first half against freo he has been downright calamitous and looks absolutely nowhere near afl level

Fair enough - wasn't referring to you as the main person who has actively been rooting against him.

We've played three games. And by your acknowledgement he was good in the first half of the Freo game.

Genuinely speaking, in our first three games, how many players can you confidently say have had good halves of football?

I think the number is <10.

Is that really the case that we went to a series of state league or listed non playing key defenders and they knocked us back? Can’t recall Hamling saying no, who is in the exact same spot at Sydney he was at Freo not getting a game.

I wish Pink well and perhaps my comment was harsh. The problem for him is he gets outbodied and beaten overhead consistently. He’s mature age and while he will get weaker opposition he can probably negate, it’s not a solution for us beyond a break glass one when mass injuries strike.

Compare him to Grima when he first came in at a similar age.
Iirc during trade week(s) there were a lot of teams trying to get KPD (Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Dons, Hawks, us) but there weren’t many candidates. It’s what created the market for * to pay overs for McKay, but also why we re-signed Dawson and had to get Biggie and Pink who were borderline for other clubs. It’s part of the reason why we find ourselves in this mess.

On the plus side, all of Dawson, Biggie, Comben and Pink have shown they have good traits, but they have almost zero experience. I’m confident we’ll get some 100+ game afl defenders out of that group eventually, but they need time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back