Preview Changes vs Brisvegas [In: Greenwood, Comben & Shiels / Out: Pink, Lazzaro & CCJ]

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t have a problem with anyone not rating Pink but to ignore Corr who has been hopeless year after year and horrendous this year and not wanting to see a third gamer again is absolutely comical.

What are you doing when Corr gives away his regular dumb free kicks every game or turns the ball over with his horrendous skills and decision making?

Pink doesn’t look that good but comical that you just ignore Corr and accept his shitness.
Corr's obviously been terrible too but Pink is one of the worst players we've had at this level so is first out and we just don't have any other KPDs to come in for Corr

I'd bring Finbar in this week over Sellars only because we need an aerial presence coming out of defence. I really like Sellars but I'm just not sure he's the answer to CCJ out.

I really liked Greenwood directing the midfield in the VFL at stoppages, I think he should stay in a development role and be a last resort option for AFL. But, he's not the worst option for a CCJ replacement this week.

Despite people lauding Lazzaro's game today, and he was ok, we need a better option to compliment our midfield mix than him. It's a real shame as I rate him highly in many areas but he is so far off the mark in a few key aspects for the role.he plays. He is the epitome of an almost player, makes me sad. I still hope he can turn it around but......

I keep thinking about that scene from Money Ball when the recruiters are talking about some player they like but the knock on him is his girlfriend is a 5 at best. Laz just seems to lack confidence, same as Stephenson. Stephenson going bald is the worst result for the club. He's too skinny to rock a shaved head and probably too vein. I wonder if they both have a micro penis?
Agree Finnbar in over sellers
He’s the better like for like for CJ

Been times he has looked far from a lock but doesnt get dropped on that performance
He had a few good passages of play. I don't rate him at all, but I agree - he was far from our worst problem today.

Need to get one of sellers or maley in for ccj however I think we need to get greenwood info the side aswell. We need his tackling and big body in midfield but also his ability to play 2nd ruck. Bring him and sellers in and he can play relief meaning we still have sellers and larksy forward most of the game.. no brainer

Need to get one of sellers or maley in for ccj however I think we need to get greenwood info the side aswell. We need his tackling and big body in midfield but also his ability to play 2nd ruck. Bring him and sellers in and he can play relief meaning we still have sellers and larksy forward most of the game.. no brainer
Yeah Finbar apparently played a corker today but he's still needs developing.

Bring in Greenwood for a hardened midfield body against a hardened Brissy midfield... and he can relief ruck.

Sellers gets the CCJ replacement gig, plonk him at FF and let Larkey use his endurance at CHF. Sellers needs to be rewarded for kicking bags at VFL level which he's been doing for a couple of years now. He's earned the right to make his AFL debut.

I don’t know about this TBH. There’s so many moving parts some in players’ control some not. I think Xerri is going OK and they gel ok at times.
In fairness, if they’re not gelling, it’s definitely not Xerri’s fault. He was the only person in the middle who could lay a tackle on the Blues’ mids. That was the most disappointing aspect of today. We were literally bullied.

In fairness, if they’re not gelling, it’s definitely not Xerri’s fault. He was the only person in the middle who could lay a tackle on the Blues’ mids. That was the most disappointing aspect of today. We were literally bullied.
Agree. Except that Wardlaw laid plenty too. But the two of them need help.

Corr won’t go out. We have no-one to replace him. And Comben isn’t the answer to our defensive issues.

I would like to see Maley in for CCJ. He has the size and athleticism to trouble defenders and can pinch hit in the ruck.

Stephenson needs to come out, for who I don’t really give a f*ck.

Phillips did nothing in the reserves today so he has no chance of replacing Lazaro (who actually played ok in patches tonight).

I however would almost be tempted to give Dawson a crack at Hopgood next week, probably in place of Pink.

Going by how Brissie played against the Pies they will get a spray and a half to get up for this one.

Brace yourselves.

Charlie played well. No one else put their hand up in the VFL win. Sellers maybe. Or Greenwood has some better exposed form. Then theres Shiels.
Phillips is nowhere near a senior recall right now.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is never going to happen, as Clarkson is kind of stubborn, but we have try to field a team that can show a little bit of defensive resistance:

B: Nyuon Pink Hardeman (McDonald)
HB: Sheezel Dawson Bergman

C: McKercher LDU Scott

R: Xerri Zurhaar Simpkin

HF: Duursma Sellers/Maley Ford
F: Curtis Larkey Hansen Jr/Harvey

I: Powell Lazz Greenwood Wardlaw

Wouldn’t be surprised if Xerri’s ruck style doesn’t gel with our mids. He may get a few clearances but they are rarely quality. I suspect he gets in the way and means our mids can’t get to work as easily

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We refuse to play a truffle hog mid: someone whose job it is to get under packs and find the ball to distribute.

Xerri’s style of tapping to his feet rather than to space (which is an instruction) suits the truffle hogs.

we have had Greenwood, Simpkin and Will playing this role in the past. We desperately need someone to play this as the four mids we are playing play best as the first and second receiver.

Basically the midfield mix is all wrong.

we're being beaten by bigger bodies around the contest, and blaming outside players like Stephenson, Stephens and Tucker gets the problem around the wrong way.

A midfield mix of LDU, Wardlaw, Lazzaro, Powell, Simpkin is undersized and too inexperienced (as a group). I understand clarkson's commitment to stability as the path to success, but we need to stem the bleeding in the middle of the ground, so it's one of Greenwood or Shiels (or both) for mine

Going by how Brissie played against the Pies they will get a spray and a half to get up for this one.

Brace yourselves.
Think of the last three times they have played us.

We are by far the worst defensive side across the three zones of the field.

They are possibly the best in the league over the last 4 seasons at lead-mark-kick uncontested footy.

We are going to be truly embarrassed.

It’s going to be another 15 goal drubbing.

Brace yourselves.
A highly motivated Brisbane, who regard us as their bunnies, played in Adelaide, a place we haven't won since somewhere around the turn of the century... the stars are aligning. :eek:

we're being beaten by bigger bodies around the contest, and blaming outside players like Stephenson, Stephens and Tucker gets the problem around the wrong way.

A midfield mix of LDU, Wardlaw, Lazzaro, Powell, Simpkin is undersized and too inexperienced (as a group). I understand clarkson's commitment to stability as the path to success, but we need to stem the bleeding in the middle of the ground, so it's one of Greenwood or Shiels (or both) for mine
On the idea of stability, did Zac Dawson ever get good at Hawthorn when he was getting murdered by every forward in the land, or was it only under Lyon?

Those wanting Phillips in didn't watch his game. It wasn't good, and I don't think we can just gift games.

Greenwood in - bigger body mid, and can provide backup ruck duties

Comben in - if shoulder is OK. Can play back, forward and relief ruck.

If Comben not fit, maybe Sellers, but he looks the type who does well at VFL level but may struggle to make the step up at AFL... another aaron black/josh walker type level.

Stevo - out or drop to sub. Ford to come into starting lineup.

CCJ - out

Doesn't matter who the other out is... probably Corr, but can't see us dropping Corr and Pink at the same time.

Eddie full-time, straight swap with Stevo who will sub. We need to get a look at at least one of our new toys - defender Chom, Sellers (might be too raw) or least likely Maley (definitely too raw). It's frustrating I know, but the latter two will probably need more time in the oven. We are up against more tall forwards next week and they'll be out for blood, so I think we just won't have any choice but to see what Comben can do for the backline.

I would like to see Maley in for CCJ. He has the size and athleticism to trouble defenders and can pinch hit in the ruck.

Way too early. Has great hands, but he is still too green for the top level. He was bouncing the ball sideways during pre season. Very awkward below his knees, when he runs in to kick he looks like a baby giraffe learning to walk. Long way off imo.

I would prefer putting Chom in his natural position at CHF and pinch hitting in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back