Preview Changes vs. The Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the week after I doubt our mid season pick player plays afl straight up without a full week of training with us

And a month in the VFL to get bashed, played out of position, lose all confidence, and resemble nothing like the actual player that was drafted…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm heading up to Darwin to watch the game. This Polar Blast in Melbourne is killing me. It seems neverending. If you ever needed further proof of climate change, look no further. At least with Albo, you just know he's gonna fix climate change. Sure, it'll cost a few million bucks but it'll be worth it.

But anyway, I can't wait to get up to the top end. I'm actually flying up as I had another significant pay increase recently so I can afford it.

Funnily enough, I haven't been up there since Cyclone Tracy hit on that faithful morning. Shlt is was windy that night. I had a few mates over for a hit of tennis but by the time Tracy hit, you could barely land a topspin lob on the other side of the net. I was up 6-4, 7-5, 2-6, 0-6, 3-0 when Caggiagi's headband blew off. I then made him empty his pockets & sawdust flew bloody everywhere. He totally lost it, threw a ninja star at me and ran off. That was the last time I saw him. It'll be good to catch up with him, assuming he's still with us, so I can return his racquet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rarely comment on this or any other board - mainly because I can be perceived as being too negative so I avoid upsetting others - or being attacked for having an opinion.

Living interstate I rarely get the chance to see the Roos live so rely on TV coverage and accept that it doesn't always reflect the true circumstance of any players effort or skillset, but I can no longer stay silent on one player in particular- Kane Turner.

Unlike many of our young recruits - this is an experienced AFL footballer (I use that term loosely) who for many years has been gifted a position in the starting 18 and in more recent times recognised as a leader - what a joke. In my time - leaders displayed intent, skills and actions that were desirable for all team mates.

How can a guy who cant mark, kick, apply a tackle or provide defensive pressure be appointed as a leader. No wonder we are in the world of pain we are.

Please get rid of this fraud immediately - don't care who replaces him - in truth I doubt it would be noticeable on the scoreboard if he wasn't there and we played one short such is his pathetic contribution.

Just our luck we play in Darwin at night and Comben had a solid game at VFL level. Not the game to bring him in in my opinion, will only bring it to ground mostly all night. Better off letting CCJ do that and to be honest, that’s all he does anyhow. Let Comben get another game under his belt in half decent conditions in the VFL and unleash him at Marvel next week.

Just our luck we play in Darwin at night and Comben had a solid game at VFL level. Not the game to bring him in in my opinion, will only bring it to ground mostly all night. Better off letting CCJ do that and to be honest, that’s all he does anyhow. Let Comben get another game under his belt in half decent conditions in the VFL and unleash him at Marvel next week.
You may be right - but is there anything wrong with a KPF bringing the ball to ground? It sure beats opposition intercepting defenders marking with ease and running up the ground...

Out: Xerri, Walker, Young, Greenwood, Mahony (sub)

In: Comben, McKay, McGuiness, Stephenson, Lazzaro (sub)

I'd happily have Turner and Taylor out too but the cupboard is bare at the moment.

Team:

B: Hayden, McKay, McGuiness
HB: McDonald, Corr, Scott
C: Taylor, JHF, Perez
HF: Anderson, Larkey, Stephenson
F: Curtis, Comben, Zurharr
Foll: Goldy, LDU, Powell
Int: Thomas, Simpkin, Ziebell, Turner.
Sub: Lazzaro

Thomas to play across half back or as the deepest forward. Play Stevo through the midfield as a point of difference. Trial Simpkin in a tagging role on Touk Miller. Try nullify his influence.

Give McGuiness a shot to see if he is worth retaining or not.

You may be right - but is there anything wrong with a KPF bringing the ball to ground? It sure beats opposition intercepting defenders marking with ease and running up the ground...

Nothing wrong with it, but it’s all that will happen up in Darwin in my opinion. I honestly don’t think Comben would get much out of the game up there in doing that. Feel another 2’s game where he can clunk a few marks and hopefully kick a few snags would be better for him.

The absolute fantasy of ‘Out: Turner’ is reaching Sam Gibson like status.

Nothing wrong with it, but it’s all that will happen up in Darwin in my opinion. I honestly don’t think Comben would get much out of the game up there in doing that. Feel another 2’s game where he can clunk a few marks and hopefully kick a few snags would be better for him.
If he brings the ball to ground that is a great result for the team and Comben.

I am pretty sure he will brought in to fulfill a role, playing and competing in those conditions will be a great learning tool for him going forward.

He is going to be judged on how well he competes in those conditions, not marks and goals.

Playing Charlie in the VFL when he is ready to go, is not better for him or the team. There is nothing to say that the conditions he will potentially play in the VFL will be any better?

I rarely comment on this or any other board - mainly because I can be perceived as being too negative so I avoid upsetting others - or being attacked for having an opinion.

Living interstate I rarely get the chance to see the Roos live so rely on TV coverage and accept that it doesn't always reflect the true circumstance of any players effort or skillset, but I can no longer stay silent on one player in particular- Kane Turner.

Unlike many of our young recruits - this is an experienced AFL footballer (I use that term loosely) who for many years has been gifted a position in the starting 18 and in more recent times recognised as a leader - what a joke. In my time - leaders displayed intent, skills and actions that were desirable for all team mates.

How can a guy who cant mark, kick, apply a tackle or provide defensive pressure be appointed as a leader. No wonder we are in the world of pain we are.

Please get rid of this fraud immediately - don't care who replaces him - in truth I doubt it would be noticeable on the scoreboard if he wasn't there and we played one short such is his pathetic contribution.

Yes well 7 posts in 7 years adds weight to your don't post much claim. I'm no Turner fan, but I feel we need his experience?

I look forward to your response sometime in 2023 :p

The absolute fantasy of ‘Out: Turner’ is reaching Sam Gibson like status.
Only because we don't really have anyone ready to come in and take his place. He was absolutely putrid and if we had any half decently skilled AFL ready players in his position he'd be dropped for them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back