Channel 7 and Jordan De Goey

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact he is playing creates all sorts of issues I agree. The strong performance didn’t help either.

Any sort of excitement over his performance is going to cause concerns but the commentary felt like more than that. It felt like they were told to pump up the return of a champion or something the way I viewed it. The Bruce hiccup statement felt like some scripted moment they had come up with in anticipation of a good performance.

No you Muppet, they always go crazy anytime De Goey goes near it, same with Buddy Rioli ect.

Why should an unproven accusation change how they commentate his play? So moronic.

Man assaults woman, gets charged by the police and faces up to 10 years in prison for the alleged crime.

If you can read the above and think that person should be representing the AFL on prime time television (and getting lauded for his efforts), you have a serious problem.

You're the one with the serious problem in not understanding the very Basics of our legal system. He is currently just as guilty as you are, an accusation is not guilt of any crime.. As for 10 years in jail.. Snowballs chance in hell he'll get anything other than a slap on the wrist if it even goes to court.

Gosh, this world is so PC.

He is innocent til proven guilty. He'll deal with the courts later in the year.

As Bruce explained, his "hiccup" was referring to his not so great onfield performances. He hadn't been playing the way we know he can. TONIGHT he did, and I don't see why that can't be applauded. He is back to the Jordy we know and love.

People need to move on. He isn't going anywhere, time to get used to it.

You're the one with the serious problem in not understanding the very Basics of our legal system. He is currently just as guilty as you are, an accusation is not guilt of any crime.. As for 10 years in jail.. Snowballs chance in hell he'll get anything other than a slap on the wrist if it even goes to court.
Am I asking for him to be locked up now? Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t mean “should be allowed to continue playing in front of a million people and being a face of a company’s brand”, it means we as a community don’t deprive you of your freedom and lock you away in a cage until we are reasonably sure you committed that crime.

They are completely separate systems, and as a company, the AFL should not let De Goey represent them while he has charges of assaulting a woman against him.

The AFL has stood up against violence towards women multiple times over the last few years, this just makes them look hypocritical and a laughing stock.

Am I asking for him to be locked up now? Innocent until proven guilty doesn’t mean “should be allowed to continue playing in front of a million people and being a face of a company’s brand”, it means we as a community don’t deprive you of your freedom and lock you away in a cage until we are reasonably sure you committed that crime.

They are completely separate systems, and as a company, the AFL should not let De Goey represent them while he has charges of assaulting a woman against him.

The AFL has stood up against violence towards women multiple times over the last few years, this just makes them look hypocritical and a laughing stock.

They're a laughing stock for not punishing an innocent man? Right.

Maybe one day someone will wrongfully accuse you of something, and I wonder how happy you'll be when your company stands you down from your role and ruins your reputation permanently.

If he is found guilty then by all means, punish him however the AFL sees fit. Genius' like you are heading us down a very dangerous path when we start punishing people based on unproven accusations. It's an incredibly scary slippery slope where people lives can be ruined in an instant.

They're a laughing stock for not punishing an innocent man? Right.

Maybe one day someone will wrongfully accuse you of something, and I wonder how happy you'll be when your company stands you down from your role and ruins your reputation permanently.

If he is found guilty then by all means, punish him however the AFL sees fit. Genius' like you are heading us down a very dangerous path when we start punishing people based on unproven accusations. It's an incredibly scary slippery slope where people lives can be ruined in an instant.
Uhhh De Goey’s reputation is already ‘ruined’, standing him down or not won’t change anyone’s opinion of him until his trial (at which point his reputation will either be mostly restored or even more gone).

But by letting him play, the AFL is hurting it’s reputation of trying to be proactive about violence against women. So yes, the AFL does look like a laughing stock for letting a man who’s been charged with assaulting a woman be on national television representing their brand.

Gosh, this world is so PC.

He is innocent til proven guilty. He'll deal with the courts later in the year.

As Bruce explained, his "hiccup" was referring to his not so great onfield performances. He hadn't been playing the way we know he can. TONIGHT he did, and I don't see why that can't be applauded. He is back to the Jordy we know and love.

People need to move on. He isn't going anywhere, time to get used to it.
Except to potentially jail.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely they got things completely wrong tonight.

Yes De Goey is innocent until proven guilty but what on earth was with the hero worship of De Goey from their team all night anytime he got near the ball?

It began with a ridiculous statement from Bruce

Continued on for the rest of the night like he had been out for 12 months with an ACL with their carry on every time he got near it? Are they forgetting why he missed a week?

Yes he kicked 5 and had one of his better games in a while but surely right now the less carry on over De Goey the better?

Maybe expecting too much though from the channel that has Wayne Carey in the box though.

Wouldn't expect anything different from Bruce, he's a hero-worshipper.

This is absolutely hilarious seeing as you couldn’t stop telling everyone what a scumbag Dean Laidley was when he was arrested and charged with stuff and how innocent until proven guilty didn’t matter.

Now you’re telling others that De Goey deserves the treatment you didn’t afford Laidley. Hahahaha.

Man assaults woman, gets charged by the police and faces up to 10 years in prison for the alleged crime.

If you can read the above and think that person should be representing the AFL on prime time television (and getting lauded for his efforts), you have a serious problem.

'alleged crime'.

Basic principle of our justice system is that you are innocent until proven guilty in court.

IF he is found guilty, then by all means throw the book at him, but we don't (or at least, shouldn't) punish people based on allegations.

BTW. Your first 3 words are misleading. "Woman claims man assaulted her" would be more correct.

No issue with what Bruce said, as usual the extreme left take it out of context.
In regards to him being able to play, why can’t Rioli play then?

Drug codes work under a different system, both because they're international (not everywhere believes in innocent until proven guilty) and because for someone who took performance enhancing drugs, to continue competing would be, in effect, re-offending. If an alleged criminal was deemed likely to re-offend, they wouldn't (or at least, shouldn't) get bail.

Drug codes work under a different system, both because they're international (not everywhere believes in innocent until proven guilty) and because for someone who took performance enhancing drugs, to continue competing would be, in effect, re-offending. If an alleged criminal was deemed likely to re-offend, they wouldn't (or at least, shouldn't) get bail.

I know mate, tongue in cheek a bit. Seriously though one bloke stuffed around with a sample and the other is on sec assault charges or investigation. One sounds a lot worse than the other right

TBH, I think it was just a slip from Bruce. I don't think he was downplaying the serious nature of De Goey's charges. Poor choice of wording, but I understood it to mean that he had a disrupted season because everything else he said was related to his on-field performance

Last edited:

So let me get this straight. According to you from the time you get CHARGED your punishment should commence.? So we don’t really need courts. The police can decide your fate. Gotcha.

Uhhh De Goey’s reputation is already ‘ruined’, standing him down or not won’t change anyone’s opinion of him until his trial (at which point his reputation will either be mostly restored or even more gone).

But by letting him play, the AFL is hurting it’s reputation of trying to be proactive about violence against women. So yes, the AFL does look like a laughing stock for letting a man who’s been charged with assaulting a woman be on national television representing their brand.
So the punishment starts before the verdict now. Is this for everyone or just Collingwood players. Just checking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back