Recommitted Charlie Cameron [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United

It's behind a paywall, but have been reliably informed it's North Melbourne.

Seems a bit strange to me, given they already have Tarryn Thomas, that they would be making such a huge offer to CC, but I am as sure as the Sky is Blue that Charlie will stay up at Brisbane.

No harm in asking the question, but I firmly believe North have far more pressing needs that need addressing elsewhere.

Think he will stay at Brisbane but a team like North would be in the mix, again. Lack a genuine small forward and would fit their needs very well.

It's behind a paywall, but have been reliably informed it's North Melbourne.

Seems a bit strange to me, given they already have Tarryn Thomas, that they would be making such a huge offer to CC, but I am as sure as the Sky is Blue that Charlie will stay up at Brisbane.

No harm in asking the question, but I firmly believe North have far more pressing needs that need addressing elsewhere.

Reliably informed? :)

About to re-sign with Brisbane.

Elmer_Judd Time for a new source?

The source just said it was North Melbourne that was the Vic Club making a massive offer for Charlie, I never said he was going to leave Brisbane, where he has firmly established as a fan favourite up there..

Deserves his new mega deal with the Lions. Has really reignited your footy club 👍👍👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread update..

Charlie Cameron is set to sign a long-term contract extension with Brisbane Lions, thwarting interest from cashed-up rivals
One of the most exciting and entertaining players in the competition is set for a major payday, with Brisbane warding off interest from rivals, the Lions set to lock down Charlie Cameron, long-term, Jay Clark writes.
Jay Clark, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
July 27, 2020 7:00pm

Electric forward Charlie Cameron is set to recommit to a lucrative long-term extension at Brisbane Lions, thwarting any chance of a poaching raid.
The Lions are keen to lock away the gun goal kicker on a four or five-year deal that will ensure Cameron plays out the prime part of his career up north.
026821f5e61721140bacdfc13b17a9dc

Cameron’s manager Andrew McDougall from Corporate Sports Australia is in the final stages of talks on a deal that could be finalised within the next fortnight.

The new contract is set to include a decent pay rise for the sharpshooter who was on about $650,000 a year as the Herald Sun revealed in its top-100 AFL earners investigation.

It is understood Cameron will earn upwards of $7500,000 a year as part of the new deal, underlining his status as one of the most damaging and exciting forwards in the game.

The former Crows’ livewire has slotted 15 goals from eight games to sit fourth in this year’s Coleman Medal race after booting 57 goals from 24 matches last season.
Cameron, 26, is contracted until the end of next season but Lions’ list manager Dom Ambrogio has moved quickly to cut off any interest from cashed-up Victorian rivals.
Cameron loomed as a potential target for North Melbourne and Carlton but the speedster will stay up north to help spearhead the Lions’ finals assault over the next four to five years.

Recruiters and list managers have labelled quick and dangerous small forwards who pile on the defensive pressure and trap the ball forward an increasingly important piece in the premiership list build.

http://at.couriermail.com.au/link/3b5b23fcb072baaf798a122b7b45294b
His signature will be another list management win for the Lions after pulling off one of the most shrewd recruiting moves of recent seasons last year when they nabbed Lachie Neale from Fremantle.
The ball magnet has flourished in his second season at Fremantle and has stormed into a clear $2.50 favourite for the Brownlow Medal (TAB) ahead of Geelong’s Patrick Dangerfield ($8).
The Lions also have significant salary cap space to be an active player in this year’s exchange period.

Honestly he's worth 900k + a year. One of the very few players who can win a game single handedly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back