Cheer Squad thread

Remove this Banner Ad

just wondering if there is actually a leader (capo) of the cheer squad like in soccer matches who is designated to start chants? if not it is definitely worth trying so everyone is on the same page
There are a few people who start chants in the squad, we are currently working on multiple things to improve the squad and this is one of them.

Player chants are used only when a player kicks a goal, as part of the post goal chants

Obviously I know that.
I'm not a fan of them.

I'm more sainters clap clap clap
Let's go sainters let's go clap clap clap
Rather than some rhyme about a player after he kicks a goal.
But each go their own

Hey Cheersquad peeps on here

Are you aware the CS Facebook page hasnt been touched since the game in Tassie?? You want new blood? Promote yourselves...FFS use Social Media..its where your new members are!!!!!
Yes we are aware of this. The club has asked us not to post anything on it, as they are in the process of something. It is unfortunate because it is one of the best methods to get publicity.

Sat in the cheer squad for today's game. drawza needs to be commended on his efforts - mate you were leading nearly every chant from start to finish.
Don't know how you do it, I'd lose my voice every week.

Overall the experience was good, really enjoyed it. Thought that the Timmy Membrey and Tommy Hickey chants were a bit lifeless but the noise you all made with the standard 'St.Kilda, clap clap clap' chants were really good - From Level 1 it sounds very loud but I think that needs to be even louder to get to the people on L3.

For all the flack you get you do bust your ass - well done. Can't wait to see how it goes next weekend.

Sat in the cheer squad for today's game. drawza needs to be commended on his efforts - mate you were leading nearly every chant from start to finish.

Overall the experience was good, really enjoyed it. Thought that the Timmy Membrey and Tommy Hickey chants were a bit lifeless but the noise you all made with the standard 'St.Kilda, clap clap clap' chants were really good - From Level 1 it sounds very loud but I think that needs to be even louder to get to the people on L3.

For all the flack you get you do bust your ass - well done. Can't wait to see how it goes next weekend.

how was the song GJD23, bloody fox cut it off again :-(

People joined in and was probably the best it's sounded. But I think the cheer squad really need to embrace it. There were only 2 or 3 people standing up holding their scarves up. If the cheer squad all did this with a few people waving big flags it'd make a massive difference imo.
It was good to see a lot more people in the area, definitely adds to the atmostphere.

Me too and drawza must have blown his voice box out, killer effort. We sat behind them but were very disappointed that there were at least 10 essendon fans in full Bombers gear right around us. Most Saints fans get pushed out but they let that riff raff in. Disappointing a young lady in the cheer squad was hit by a water bottle from above and security didn't seem to even want to take notice. If it had been a little kid it could have been catastrophic. If someone has sworn though watch out.

It's better in the CS area but I lost the rhythm when it got too loud to hear the recording. I still think we need some drums to boom the tempo.

Me too and drawza must have blown his voice box out, killer effort. We sat behind them but were very disappointed that there were at least 10 essendon fans in full Bombers gear right around us. Most Saints fans get pushed out but they let that riff raff in. Disappointing a young lady in the cheer squad was hit by a water bottle from above and security didn't seem to even want to take notice. If it had been a little kid it could have been catastrophic. If someone has sworn though watch out.
Yeah mate I saw that, we were sitting to the left of that in the next aisle (aisle 26) and probably 2-3 rows back from that. Really disappointing.

Thanks, it is hard when I am running on an almost lost voice by half time, voice is in recovery now. Should have come and introduced yourselves, plenty more games to do that though. Big game next week hoping for another great effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it was better mate, but like joop said I think the CS need to embrace it more. The fans on level 3 do a better job of that than the CS. All in all though it's the best it's been. People are starting to get a feel for it now. It was played before the bounce, at 3 qtr time and at the end of the game.

Yeah it was better mate, but like joop said I think the CS need to embrace it more. The fans on level 3 do a better job of that than the CS. All in all though it's the best it's been. People are starting to get a feel for it now. It was played before the bounce, at 3 qtr time and at the end of the game.

The third quarter one fell flat because no one was back at their seat yet.

Drawza, on 2 or 3 occassions the group around me (Aisle 21/22 near the players race) started up good, loud, well supported "St Kilda" clap clap clap chants (pretty basic i know) in the last quarter...only to have CS members look over, comment, and dismiss the idea of joining in/enhancing the chant...and then launch into some weak version of a player chant (Tim Membrey if i remember correctly)
almost looked like a case of "we disnt start it, so we wont support it" thing. Please tell me this wasnt the case?

Drawza, on 2 or 3 occassions the group around me (Aisle 21/22 near the players race) started up good, loud, well supported "St Kilda" clap clap clap chants (pretty basic i know) in the last quarter...only to have CS members look over, comment, and dismiss the idea of joining in/enhancing the chant...and then launch into some weak version of a player chant (Tim Membrey if i remember correctly)
almost looked like a case of "we disnt start it, so we wont support it" thing. Please tell me this wasnt the case?
Not sure who in the cheer squad that was, not a good look for us. After goals we have a routine that everyone likes to go by and the player chant is part of that. It was great to hear the amount people cheering in the last quarter. You might have noticed that the cheer squad didnt start sing until we did the knock knock, as that is part of our game routine.

Will say it again ...get school children wearing Pepper money sponsored shirts on free days in the behind goals.
Give them a coke & pie ....you only need to market it with them singing creating noise.

We do school visits in our area....yet don't do the follow up in this .

There was a group on Level 1 on the HFF down at the end we kicked to in the third qtr. Seemed to be a couple of full aisles in full voice late in the game. Who is that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back